1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much do you Pay Patbev

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ballplayer, Dec 6, 2014.

1. clutz

clutz Member

Not looking forward to seeing Bev on the opposing team.

2. bongman

bongman Member

Remember when we got him and everybody said WHO? This was 2 yrs ago which was the foundation of the defensive identity Morey wanted. It took a while for us to get there and I have a feeling he will not let him go. if we paid Lin 8 per, he certainly should be close to that.

3. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Eight to nine million at the very least.

4. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

By traditional standards, 6 mil.

However with the current atmosphere of contract inflation 9 wouldn't boggle my mind too much.

5. Tadow

Tadow Member

8 is as high as I'd go for him. He's actually a perfect fit with the normal starting unit, and brings the toughness to the team identity. The only thing I'm worried about is his knee and overall health sustainability with the way he plays.

6. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Point guards are a dime a dozen in the NBA. I doubt Morey will overpay to the tune of $8M. Especially with Canaan waiting to take over.

7. Jontro

Jontro Member

Over 9000!!!

8. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

His true value is 5-6 mil.... He will prob be priced at 8-9 tho. If he plays on the level similar to tonight , continue to shoot like he his, stays healthy, and has a good playoffs. I could him around 10 mil.

9. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

U guys don't need to the money

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Maybe I'm just a blind homer, but while yes, PG's are a dime a dozen, there are very little that offer the perfect fit for the Rockets that Beverley does.

With the rising cap, I think Beverley is worth $7-8 million. I mean...I'd rather have Beverley than somebody like Kemba Walker or Jeremy Lin who make just as much.

11. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Bev is the one player I will be pissed if Morey doesn't hold on to. He's the perfect PG to have next to Harden, and he brings some much needed heart and toughness to the team.

12. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

If it was the summer of 2016 you would be exactly right. But it does not look like smoothing is going to happen. Bev is due a contract during a summer of tight money. And he is not flashy in the way many GM's will notice. IMHO. But yes Bev is about the perfect fit next to Harden. My guess is that most rosters do not have that situation.

13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

7mil is reasonable for a wolverine.

14. 2016Champions

2016Champions Member

With the TV deal in mind, you gotta be looking at $8m per year at least. His importance to the Rockets is worth alot more than that though imo.

15. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I wouldn't offer him less than what we gave Jeremy Lin. Wouldn't disrespect him like that.

16. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If he continues shooting the trey like he has, he'd easily get $8mill.

17. bongman

bongman Member

I don't know man. PB brings a lot of defensive energy to the team and he also has a knack of getting into the head of other people which in turn, messes up their game. We need consistency in our lineup which we haven't had since coach got the job.

I guess we will have to wait what other teams will be offering.

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

At some point, you have to stop running your team like the stock market and create some unity, cohesiveness, and passion the players have for the team that will take care of them. Paying market value for guys that give it all they have shouldn't be considered a bad thing.

1 person likes this.
  19. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Markets are always unpredictable. I am content to wait and see. All of my posts here are based on nothing but opinion. Now that I think about it I am not comfortable with it.

20. finsraider

finsraider Member

Depends. If we've traded for or signed our 3rd star by next summer, then you pay what it takes. If not, we aren't matching the offer he's almost sure to get.