1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much do you pay for cable and internet? What package?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Senator, Feb 29, 2020.

1. jchu14

jchu14 Contributing Member

If you have xfinity, check your account for promotional deals on internet only plans.

Saw the deal on Slickdeals, 400/10 for $30 and 600/15 for $40 per month with paperless billing and autopay, 12 month contract.

It's available in many parts of the country, but not all. I was able to sign up in Houston.

I was already on a 400mbps for $50 plan with xfinity and this deal lowered my price to $30. I was only on month 3 of my 12 month contract and was still able to get the deal. No early termination fee.

Make sure you don't get the 'flex' tv addition. Even though it's 'free', they still charge a broadcast fee.

Getting your own modem and router is also necessary.

#41 jchu14, May 14, 2021
    Last edited: May 14, 2021
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

$110 Total for 1GB internet and UNLIMITED Data (Comcast...included their Flex Box for free). I stream Netflix $17.99, Disney+/Hulu/ESPN+ Bundle $13.99, Paramount+ and Showtime bundle thru Apple TV+ ($9.99 for BOTH as along as I keep APTV+..$4.99), Prime TV (Free with Amazon Prime), HBO Max (Free with AT&T Unlimited Mobile plan), Peacock premium (free with Comcast internet), Locast ($5 a month "donation" for locals thru the app). Sports are streamed thru various sites (Sportsurge for Astros, NFL...YahooSports and other sites for NFL, Rockets varies). There is are sites for ESPN and CNN Live streams if needed.

So my Streaming Apps are $51.99. $161.99 for Unlimited data Internet and the TV streams. Still MUCH cheaper than Cable TV. I've found that much of the crap bundle on CableTV is a waste and haven't missed it. If I need to watch something those cable channels, it is usually on one of the streaming apps Im paying for or available directly thru that network's app.

Rocket River likes this.
  3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Is it me or has Charter internet cable been particular 'dawgsh!t times f-ing infinity' lately?

I dunno WTF is going on with this internet? I'm constantly unplugging and re-plugging in. Why am I paying for this lackluster sh!tface of an excuse of broadband?

I'M PISSED!

Should I go to AT&T Fiber? Not only is it 300Mbps (faster then Charter 200 (cough)), it's $55 a month (unlike $80 a month for Charter).

Streaming is stuttering. Internet goin down. Do I have to go to Californie for Internet there Mr. Charter? Uh huh.

I NEED! I NEED! I NEED!!!

[​IMG]

#43 Surfguy, Aug 25, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2023
  4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

About $90 for 1 gig up/down fiber with ATT. Streaming I'm not even sure like $60 a month for Hulu, Disney, Netflix, Apple TV, ESPN +. Gettin expensive though.