1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How much do each of our players deserve in Salary?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pradaxpimp, Aug 4, 2003.

1. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

Steve - 13 million
    Cat - 6.50 million
    Yao - 5.50 million
    Cato - 3.50 million
    Griffin - 2 million
    Mo - 2.50 million
    Glen - 3 million
    Hawkins - .5 million
    Morris - minimum
    MOOCHIE - HE SHOULD GIVE US ALL OF OUR MONEY BACK + GIVE US EXTRA FOR GIVING HIM A CHANCE IN THE NBA.... MOOCHIE OWES US INSTEAD OF US OWING HIM..
    Boki - 1 million

WHOA.. BEN FOR STEVE...... HAHAHAHAHAHA... might as well make moochie that starting center and put yao on point.... WOW... and some of the price values yall put on steve... MY GOODNESSS GRACIOUS... are yall like trying to be the next DONALD STERLING... The only reason he resigned elton and maggette its becuz he got a good coach that demands good players

#41 SaVeThEpIgS88, Aug 7, 2003
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2003
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Steve is a better player period.

3. Axeman

Axeman Member

Steve - 1 million per year for each APG - if he averages 9.5 APG, he makes 9.5 million

Cat - 1 million
    Yao - 20 million (that's about 1/5 of the merchandising revenue he's going to bring in (not to mention the Toyota Center naming rights $$$)

Cato - 20 bucks
    Griffin - 5 bucks and a lifetime supply of Big Macs
    Mo - 50 bucks and a lifetime membership in Weight Watchers
    Glen - What do they pay the ball boy these days?
    Hawkins - 3 million for pure hustle ;)
    Morris - At least as much as Griffin, but doesn't get the Big Macs
    Moochie - 2 bucks for a haircut at Supercuts, and 100 bucks to buy a suit for his next job interview. Then garnish his wages for 10 years until he has repaid his salary.
    Boki - Enough for a plane ride back to Europe.

4. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

I'm NOT paying Moochie 102 bucks! That's almost a full days worth (20+ hours) of working minimum wage (which is what he'd be doing if it weren't for one decen season...):mad:
    And screw a plane ride, I'll pay someone $10 to take Boki on a raft across the Atlantic.

5. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

If you look closely it is negative 1.5 mil

6. pradaxpimp

Here's the thing when paying players the MAX. Max=complete package on the spot. Not about the potential for 3 years down the road but right then and there. Steve doesn't play D and has not shown consistent improvement in assists or turnovers. 3 things we all agree upon that could use a slight adjustment. (get a hand in the face, one more assist, one less turnover per game. Not very hard if you ask me.

Lets look at Duncan who is current MVP. Name one area where he does not do atleast an average job. He can score, controls the paint, makes nice passes out of double teams, hits the boards. A player well worthy of deserving the max.

Lets look at Kidd who we all want #3 to emulate. This guy has a plan everytime he gets the ball in his hands. Not to stroll up the court and then waste some time with some potential Reebok Commercials. He gets the ball and doesn't waste time getting it up the floor and looking for the easy score. He always plays rock solid Defense also. He's not a scorer, but if you leave him open he'll take the shot. Again, a player worthy of the Max.

Name one PURE superstar that does not play D, and plays out of control. Shaq, Kobe, Mcgrady, Kg, and Duncan always D up and play within the confines of their games and those are the players deserving the max.

Don't tell me that I'm stupid for wanting to pay Steve less than the max, because other people would pay the max for him. In today's day and age the professional athlete has the owner by the testicles with their primadonna ways. Steve is a great player in many aspects, but he has shortcommings that can be overcome with a little mindset tinkering. A few players deserve the max, and a lot of them don't. MAX=Best you can do.
    Steve can do a whole lot better than 6.5 assists and 3 turnovers a game. I believe in him as all Rocket fans should do.

7. farhan007

farhan007 Member

your saying duncan and kidd have no short commings!!!! Duncan is a horrible clutch freethrow shooter!!! Kidd is also a horrible overall shooter also!!! I would rather have francis over kidd becasue francis has more talent... Shaq also is a horrible shooter... Kobe sometimes can be the biggest ball hog. Who said Francis plays to be on reebok commericials? He plays to win! So what he is in commercials!!! Kobe, shq, kidd, mcgrady all have their own commercials...

8. pradaxpimp

I agree with everything you said. But lets look at it this way. Shaq and Duncan can dominate and score much more easily than Steve can (look at fg %). 2nd point, those are the only shortcommings that they have. All of those players you have listed above play D with some heart. All of those players have been in the playoffs.

Kidd and Francis, A different thread, but I will address it. He's not the greatest shooter, but he makes it easier for 4 other guys on the court to score. Steve makes it easier for himself. It's not the talent, but its what you do with it at times. And Kidd has led his team to the Finals twice, albeit a weak conference.

I know Steve wants to win as much as the next guy, but he really doesn't know how to win games with his talent. What I meant by the Reebok statement, was that he will maybe go for the dunk when the layup is easier, a few crossovers would look a lot better than a pick and roll, an around the back dribble and some ill advised get up in the air have no where to go and commit a turnover. I love Steve's talent, and I realize we're only go as far as he takes us (including yao, because someone's gotta get the ball up the court and pass it to him other than mooch). Steve is our Franchise, and if he doesn't carry the Franchise to the Dynasty we gotta make a change.

My 2 pennies.

9. xs28

xs28 Member

interesting to see the different 'deserve' salaries, anybody have their actual salaries?

with re to yao, those numbers posted are they before everybody takes their cut or what he should get, by the time he gets his cut there's probably 10% left. team yao better work on more advertising deals.

10. xs28

xs28 Member

all these talk about shoe deals with KG, LJ and KB, any word on nike's plans with yao? maybe adidas or reebock will try to sign him?

11. SaVeThEpIgS88

SaVeThEpIgS88 Member

SF:10067750
    GR: 9600000
    MoT: 7800000
    KC: 7344000
    CM: 5394125
    YM: 4147560
    MN: 3600000
    EP: 2312760
    BOKI: 1396440
    AG: 688679