1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Much better can Chandler Parsons get?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zacatecas, Feb 3, 2013.

1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

2. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

i think his trade value won't be any higher..

3. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Scottie Pippen

4. landryfans

landryfans Member

He is really skinny,

5. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

His ceiling is your floor.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

His trade value moving forward will have alot to do with what happens with his contractual situation.

Right now, he is probably one of the most sought after assets in the NBA currently on the best contract a team has to offer. You are getting almost Rudy Gay like performance on a 2nd round contract. That's huge. Yes, someone like Rudy Gay might be a better overall scorer(even arguable), but Parsons does so many things that don't show up in the stat sheet its hard to deny that already as a second year player, he's probably at the very least, a middle to upper middle class starting SF in the NBA.

I would assume starting salary for a middle class SF in the NBA would probably run you from 7 to 10 million a year easy.

So yes, as a trade asset NOW, and factor in future upside.... you have yourself a gem if you choose to trade him.

Now, when he gets to free agency in a few years you might see a team significantly overpay to get Parsons, and leave him as a player that's on the court value drops in comparison to what you have to pay him. We just dont know what kind of contract he's going to be offered, and by which team. Either way, its not hard to see Parsons today in free agency getting a very nice Landry Fields sized contract. If he takes ANOTHER leap forward on the court in talent(which is easy to see happening), he could get paid that much more in two years.

So how good will Parsons be in a few years?... I couldn't tell you. He's already VERY good as is. The question I can answer is that its probably going to be VERY hard for the Rockets to keep Chandler Parsons in free agency because he probably will command a pretty penny.

Good news is the Rockets still have another year or so before they NEED to take a look at moving him if they feel like they cannot afford him in a few years. Right now, they can so no need to deal him. Lets just see what happens to this team in the next couple years first.

1 person likes this.
  7. c1utchmatic

c1utchmatic Member

in regards to the top SFs, y'all better get acquainted with the name andrew wiggins

8. rockettes

rockettes Rookie

the chandler parsons project

9. andersongo

andersongo Member

While no part of Parson's game can be considered truly elite, he also has no real weaknesses. A player with no weaknesses in his game is what Parsons is at this stage of his career. I was on a Miami board last month and many posters were singling out Parsons as a future stud (rich man Battier, lol) because they recognised that his game is fundamentally sound in just about everything.

10. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

His shooting has improved, to the point where its an illusion that his defense has regressed...

The truth is his defense is the same if not better, its just he has to use more energy on offense now with an increased role... if.he can stay in the gym with harden workin on his core and stamina his defense should continue to get better... id say battier level defense... and remember last year he was reading shanes book on player and teams tendencies and studied that thing... i hope he continues reasing and improving his technique because his "percieved" lack of athleticism isnt wat holds him back but his Gator arms that does(pun intended)...

On offense he has already tooken a huge leap and has surprised me alot... i liked him last year because of his intensity, hustle, energy and effort... but this year hes putting it together... if he were to somehow become a 50/40/90 guy id be ecstatic and hed prolly fetch around the max... personnaly i wouldnt mind 47/37/85... if he could accomplish that with improved defense and technique... your looking at a borderline/all-star guy and a great 3rd option or possible 2nd option on a championship calibre team...

11. Roxs

Roxs Member

Fun Comparisons:

Since the 2000-01 season, only 4 Forwards averaged these stats on a PER36 basis during their sophomore year:

46 FG% or higher
    14 PTs or higher
    5 TRB or higher
    3 AST or higher

Lebron James
    Blake Griffin
    Wally Szczerbiak
    Chandler Parsons

Crazy huh? Don't believe me? See for yourself

12. zxcvbn193

zxcvbn193 Member

There is only one white Scotte Pippen and that's Ramunas Siskauskas. There can't be another one, sorry.

13. Gil

Gil Member

He's already peaked.

14. SeabrookMiglla

the sky is the limit for him, he is young. although i really see him becoming a great out side shooter/ gel kinda guy who plays D. hes playing the roll he should on this team, and i think he will get better. ive seen spurts of his fadeaway jumper which look nice, he did kobes move on kobe one time lol

15. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

+1 :)

16. SK34

SK34 Member

If he keeps banging the way chandler bangs then he can continue to bang at a high level. With Lin by his side, his banging will improve drastically. #bangsanity

17. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

Wow, I'm a bit surprised that so many people are quick to unload him as "sell high player"... Almost as if his value peaked.

I was personally thinking that Harden and Parson would make a nice dynamic duo. Harden seems like a future scoring champion, and Parson looks like the guy who could support him very well (defense, shooting, assists, rebounds, etc.)

I would not like the Rockets to trade Parson. In various draft-re-done publications, Parson is as high as the 7th to 9th best pick of the 2011 draft. If the Rockets have to pay him a 10 million dollar contract in 2 years, well, it's because HE EARNED IT THROUGH HIS PLAY!!! That's a good thing! Beats paying Tabeet or Jordan Hill large amounts of money for not having proven anything in the NBA.

18. kianainhi

kianainhi Member

And here I thought I was the only person who noticed he combing his hair during the game. I swear he does this every game. I just want to yell at my computer "Quit fussing with your hair and concentrate on the game!" :mad:

19. RickyNewport

RickyNewport Member

During Pippen's 2nd year the hand check was still in the league and players could be mugged driving to the basket which means in today's game Pippen more than Likely would have scored more.

But still good numbers for a 2nd round pick.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

LOL everybody saying he's peaked don't really know what they're talking about. The dude isn't even 25, and he's only in his 2nd year in the NBA. Think back to your 2nd year at your job, can you honestly say you haven't improved from your 2nd year to now?

Right now with Parsons it's hard to say how good he'll be because we don't really know his ceiling. Last year he projected as a Battier type player who give you really good D+around 12 pts a night. This year his D slipped big time but he showed that he could be a major offensive threat, he's hitting 3s and Js at a decent clip while still being able to drive and makes plays for others. If CP was a lottery pick everyone would be talking about how he's headed for stardom, but the reality is everything really depends on how hard he works on his game. Right now he's projecting to be a "Lowry level" near all star player. If he brings his D to last year's level while maintaining his offensive game, I think we're looking at an all star caliber player.