1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many wins do you see realistically?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket Rowdie, Oct 9, 2012.

1. AFS

AFS Member

I think 12 wins with us losing one of the games in our division.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

If we do not have any more major injuries:

No less than 13 wins, and no more than 15. We will be favored in every game except against Baltimore/New England, which will be a coin toss. We will lose to at least one of those two teams, and might get upset once or twice.

3. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I would have said the same thing yesterday, but I think 2-3 losses is what we'll see. I wouldn't be surprised if we went undefeated or a single loss, but I think 3 is probably the max we'll lose.

4. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I would say 12-4 or 11-5.

5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Where is the original predictions thread?

6. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

7. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

I just don't see Houston beating GB and BAL. It would be awesome if they did. The game I see as a sure loss is @ NE and maybe @ DET... My guess is 12-4, but that's being quite conservative.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Going 8-3 for the rest of the season is very doable, no?

Of course, injuries are always a wildcard with this team. Not to mention with our sorry division it's very possible that we have everything wrapped up with 2 or 3 games left. So I make no predictions.

9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

it seems a lot is predicting losses against the "better" teams. why? we're favored against GB. a win over GB will automatically mean we're favored against BAL (another home game). we must not be considered that good by our own fans if we're expecting the Texans to lose against all the good teams.

i see likely losses at CHI, NE, and at IND (only because we'll have our playoff position locked in). 13-3.

10. StevieCrossover

We will lose the last 2 games when we put our bench players in to rest the starters for the playoffs

1 person likes this.
  11. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

The Texans could win only five out of thier next 11 games and still be 10-6.

Not worried.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I expect a loss against Baltimore. I don't think our run defense will hold up.

13. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This is a valid point. But I don't think teams will be able to consistently beat the Texans by leaning on their running game. Especially if the offense continues to come out guns blazing to start games.

I truly believe that this team's pass rush and secondary can lead them to the Super Bowl.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I see lots of Baltimore, NE, etc... it's football man. We'll lose to the Jaguars or Colts or something, one we're not resting players for... Bears and Vikings could really cause some problems for us though.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

chi and ne away are going to be tough.

Det has not won a thanksgiving classic in 9 years!!! I hope we make it 10.

We'll probably give away the last colts game with home field locked up.

12-3 or 12-4. Which means 7-3 or 7-4 the rest of the way.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

13-3. Losses @ Chicago, @ New England, @ indy. They will clinch the division in week 11 (tying the record for earliest to do so) and will possibly have home field clinched by the time they get to New England. Both New England and Baltimore have pretty difficult schedules down the stretch and will likely win 10-11 games each.

17. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans should be favored or only a 2-3 point dog in every single game. It is unlikely, but very possible to go 16-0. Having said that I would guess 12-4. I expect the Ravens, New England and Bears to somewhat limit what we do on offense, and I expect all 3 to try and control the clock. I can see 1-2 loses to lesser teams because it just happens, and teams like Detroit and Indy are capable of pulling upsets.

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I guess we're just so used to the Texans BLOWING CHIMPS that we can't grasp the fact that we have a really good team this year.

Obviously, we're not going to go 16-0 (I'm going to bold that part so as not to be called a homer), but there's no reason to see any game on the schedule this year and just assume we're going to lose. Those days are over.

How many people predicted losses at Denver and NY before the season started?

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

If the Texans lose two of the next four, Clutchfans will be pushing panic buttons and calling for Kubiak's head. I see the Texans losing about 4 of the next 11 games. The Texans have gotten off to a great start against some pretty bad teams. But, the schedule gets a little more difficult from here.

Almost all NFL teams, even the good teams, are going to lose games because of turnovers, bad calls, or just bad luck. I'll be disappointed if the Texans lose more than 4 games, and I'll be very pleased if the Texans lose less than 4 games.

20. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

I'm sticking with my original prediction of 12 wins. 7-4 rest of the way for that to happen.

Cushing's a really big loss. Folks may be underestimating the weight of it because Watt's been owning the spotlight this year. Doesn't make Cushing or Joseph any less vital to our success. He's been back there cleaning up any and everything coming out of the backfield with ridiculous range.

Still. 7-4 gets us 12 wins, 8-3 could net us homefield throughout. Both are obtainable. Should we go at least 1-1 into the bye, we're in the driver's seat like we've never been before.

Regroup and hopefully bring back Sharpton after the bye.

Bills are in total disarray, but we should be wary of Mario posting his first big game.

@Chicago is a red circle game. It's one of those games that real contenders find a way to win on the road.

4 division games left, 3-1 should be the expectation.

@Detroit is another away game that will define whether we've taken the next step or not.

@New England is a bonus game in my book. 99% of us have it written down as a loss.

Home Finale against the Vikings is a trap game. Probably too soon to rest guys, but close enough that it's tempting to look ahead to January.

Facing GB, BAL, and @Chi? In the wake of Cushing going down? Doubtful. 3 of 4, possibly.

Only way I see fans getting upset is if we come out and lay stinkers.

#40 emjohn, Oct 10, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.