1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many points will Kevin Martin score tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Al Capone, Feb 24, 2010.

Tags:
?

How many points will Kevin Martin score tonight?

1. Less than 10 pts

6.2%
  2. 10-15 pts

11.5%
  3. 15-20 pts

27.9%
  4. 20-25 pts

36.4%
  5. 25+ pts

18.0%
  1. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

we all should give him 7-8 games to get accustomed. hopefully playing with another ballhandler like brooks is not the reason that he's struggling.

2. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Yea because its Brooks fault Martin cant hit a wide open shot

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

this is the same thing i saw with tyreke. if plays aren't being run for him specifically, it's hard for martin to get into a rhythm.

he needs to constantly know plays are being run for him so he can be active... like for most scorers.

his 1-on-1 game is not that great though. brooks is a better 1-on-1 offensive player than he is.

4. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

Bottom line is if you cant hit a wide open shot, you're a liability on offense, and Martin's defense is atrocious. If I were Rick I wouldn't even be playing him until he can prove he can score in practice.

5. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

WTF? You're going to criticize Kevin Martin's shooting? Do you know how idiotic that makes you sound? The man just got off a wrist injury - let the man get a couple of games under him before you criticize him. Do you know how rare it is for a wing to have a .600+ TS? He's done it the past 4 seasons.

This guy is a dominant scorer and a GREAT shooter. If Yao comes back next season playing like we know he can..... this team is going to be fun to watch.

6. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

You know he had the wrist surgery months ago right?... and it was on his offhand

7. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

He obviously still isn't recovered from it and is affected by it off hand or not. Unless you're going to imply a career 60% TS shooter just lost his touch for no reason. Give him some time man.

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

23.4 points this 4th qter

9. Hball

Hball Member

That's what worries me, a lot of king fans say he hasn't been the same since coming back from the injury.

Which makes me wonder if his wrist will be a lingering issue in the future.

10. Bruce

Bruce Member

It sickens me that we traded Carl for this bag of useless crap!

11. homeboy1

homeboy1 Member

Useless? ...Crap?..Jesus, son of God, help this man see how short sighted he is. Amen.

12. OremLK

OremLK Member

All wrist injuries take time to recover from. Usually about 6 months to get back to full strength and range of motion.

This is not unusual and is probably being compounded by his nervousness and unfamiliarity with our system.

13. mic

mic Contributing Member

I was close! Off by 1 w/ 19.

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

you overrated aarons passing

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I was right.

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

He did pretty well in the 2nd half. IIRC, he was 0-5 with 2 points in the first half which would have made him 5-9 with 17 points in the 2nd half.