1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many of you were this old the last time we won the title?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Mar 4, 2018.

1. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

In 94 I was 6-7. I didn't really appreciate what was happening, but I did rock a white Olajuwon jersey from 1st - 3rd grade.

From 2006-2016 I was feeling pretty sure we wouldn't see another Houston sports championship for the next decade.... but then the Astros went and did the unthinkable.

Now, with the magic of this season, I feel some magic about the Rockets that I haven't felt in my adult life. Anyythiiiiing is possssibblleeeee!!!

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I was a month away from 17 when they won their first title. Do the math and figure out my age for the second title.

Scary that I had to wait 22 years for another championship in this city.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I was using Windows 3.1

4. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Very prophetic, and very plausible.

I was 8 and 9. My grandma was a huge hometown fan of Houston teams but especially Rockets. It was nothing like watching those nail biting playoff games and winning it all. Hakeem literally taught me basketball, and team work. It's a great time to be a Rockets fan. Im just going to hate the coming banwagoners if we do it again.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  5. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

I was lucky number 13 years old when the rockets won their first championship, teacher asked me over the summer what did you do that was fun, said watch the rockets win the championship.

tmoney1101, Ramo$e and napalm06 like this.
  6. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I was a few months old. Glad to be able to see the Astros win one, but it’s about time for the Rockets to get another, too.

Ramo$e likes this.
  7. Caesar

Caesar Member

I was 11 <3
    For a memory of a lifetime. Recall. Recall. Recall.

bulkatron likes this.
  8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Was 29 in 94.

I was the guy allowing a 13 yr old to stay up late to watch the end of games on school days.

tmoney1101, smp, burnshroom and 5 others like this.
  9. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

cute kid!

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I was 7 when we won the first title. It was only the second year I had been following the team.

While I enjoyed the hell out of it, I clearly didn't have the fan miles to appreciate it at the time, I thought competing for titles was just a thing that happened. The post 97 years were a rude awakening.

the shark likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Young enough to know what championship meant to folks and a city.

Hakeem, Jordan, Larry Johnson, Muggsy Bogues. I used to watch a ton back in the days.

12. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

11 too. Did you go to school in Houston?

13. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I remember our first title and second. I was 7 and 8 for both of those titles.

I remember me and my little sister running around our apartment complex with everyone else going nuts.

My son is 7 and will be 8 on Friday. Will be special for us if he's around the same age when we win it again.

tmoney1101, Exiled and Ramo$e like this.
  14. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

I was 18 (19 for the 2nd championship). Just graduated high school. Had to endure a few friends saying "The Rockets will NEVER win...".

This was before the internet so no good way to really gloat at them a few weeks removed from seeing them daily.

15. Granville

Granville Member

If you never saw Calvin Murphy score 35 points and the man he was guarding score 40 points, you don't know vintage Rockets basketball.

K-Low_4_Prez and charlieaustin like this.
  16. solodolo11

solodolo11 Member

I was 2 and 3 when the Rockets won their titles. Needless to say I don't remember it at all, so I'm eagerly waiting for us to finally win one!

17. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

I was 14/15 for the 2 championships. Birthday is early June so those 2 years were AWESOME!

I started following in 93 because of boarding school and no TV, but upperclassmen listened on am 740.

It felt like something special hearing Jim'n Gene talk about 14-0. That's when I began to read the paper every morning, sports section of the Post and the Chronicle.

Magical, man, steeped in good feelings.

Stupid white Bronco.

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I was 3 :(
    All I remember is the second title run when my dad would have watch parties in our small apartment in Willow Creek on on Broadway. Never seen so many Mexicans in one small place.

Ramo$e likes this.
  19. the shark

the shark Member

2005?

This explains everything.

charlieaustin likes this.
  20. CHI

CHI Contributing Member

I was 12! Very fond memories