1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Many of You Sicken & Tired of McHale's Square offense?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gorockets2009, Mar 17, 2013.

1. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

I have to admit that I have been harsh toward McHale and Harden because I have never liked their square offense based on Harden's heavy ISOs. The system is simply, Harden tries to create at the top of key, other 4 spot up shooters standing around the 4 corners. When it works, I have to admit it is a beauty. But most of the time, it doesn't work. Like today, it is ugly to watch. Last time it took a 7 game losing streak for the coaching staff to change it allowing some mid range shooting and let Lin to be PG. Now they even to let Lin play the PG for the first 6-7 minutes each game, then go back to it Mchale square offense again. The biggest flaw of this so called Mchale system ( the reason why DM praised him the coach of the year:grin:) is that it is very predictable. Once the opposite team figures out how to clog the paint, double team Harden, the Rockets are in trouble. If refs don't give Harden the call, then it makes it even worst. When the ball stops at the top in Harden's hands for too long, bad things happen, a good example is in today's game, Harden dribbled the ball for too long then passed the it to Defino which ended with a badly missed shot. I truly believe the Rockets will go nowhere with this chaotic Mchale square offense even they can make the playoff this year. What do you think?

1 person likes this.
  2. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

In all honesty i am sick and tired of all the threads hating on Mchale.

1 person likes this.
  3. gorockets2009

gorockets2009 Rookie

Dude, it has nothing to do with hating Mchale.

4. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Wut??? McHailmary has an offense?

5. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Pretty sure there is nothing wrong with the offense.

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I sicken & tired very much.

7. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

We don't usually start off shooting sub 20% in the first quarter either.

8. andersongo

andersongo Member

You are flogging a dead horse as the predictability of the offense has been highlighted since the start of the season. The most McSuccess's critics can hope for is that the COTY is fired at the end of the season and replaced by a legit coach who will run a variety of plays and tell Morey and his analytics team that until they learn that 3pters and lay-ups are the most efficient shots as long as they are not the only shots, they should GTFO of coaching matters and stick to raping teams of their free-agents.

9. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

I'm sick of all these replies implying someone is hating on someone, when some of us as fans just like to analyze the game and see why things are working, and why things aren't.

I would rather have someone disagree with me, and point out flaws in analysis so I can learn something, rather than "stop picking on him, can't you see he's had a rough night", or "you're stupid, because I don't agree with you" type of posts.

I don't buy into, "they just had a bad game, tomorrow will be different" reason for losing games, not when there's a pattern to all the losses. You can say that when the Spurs get blown out, because that doesn't happen often. This team has trouble focusing, playing D and giving effort on a nightly basis.

1 person likes this.
  10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Make baskets.
    Problem solved.

11. roxxy

roxxy Member

Offense isn't this teams problem. Defense is.

12. FatChad

FatChad Rookie

They had a lot of open shots that didn't go in, missed layups, and bad defense. That's why they lost. Not the offense. Nobody could buy a bucket the first half.

13. jocar

jocar Member

Coaches "allowed mid range shooting" and "let" Lin be PG..... just like they "didn't let" players make any shots tonight, told them to stop attacking the rim, and didn't "allow" them to play hard until 3rd quarter.

Ffs stop repeating that ignorant bs.

1 person likes this.
  14. joesr

joesr Member

damn i wanted to say another LoF hate thread on someone but OP's join date in 2008 and not 2012/13. Dangit for that.

1 person likes this.
  15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yeah....I'm much more "sicken & tired" of our top ranked offense than our bottom ranked defense....

Mchale's offense is what's really holding us back...

16. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

All I got out of that is "FREE JEREMY LIN"

17. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Sicken... lol

18. Drift Monkey

Drift Monkey Member

maybe, maybe no.

19. roxxy

roxxy Member

OMG your sig did somebody really say that?

20. brick

brick Member

The way McHale plays Harden at both 1 and 2 is very similar to what Dantoni did to Melo before Linsanity. And both players are excused from the coaches to play little defense.