1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many of you going to 12 mid LOTR??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Old School, Dec 18, 2001.

1. Old School

Old School Member

I see where Lord Of The Rings is opening tonight across Houston with many 12:01 am showings. Seeing that the movie runs almost 3 hours I think I'm gonna have to pass and see it at a more reasonable hour.

OS

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am going to the 9:45am showing in the morning.

DD

3. Old School

Old School Member

I'm not up on all of the LOTR lore but have heard good things about it.

OS

4. haven

haven Member

12:01 AM EASTERN TIME!

Which means, I've got an hour on most of you poor sods :p.

Of course, heath beat me :(. Damned Norwegians!

5. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

I'm going to a preview friday night here, which is sensational considering it doesn't start till the 26th!

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I would, but the only theatres showing them are either sold out or too damn crampy. Plus, I'm sure I don't want to be there when a bunch of LOTR geeks like Nomar spooge all over themselves. :)

7. Heath

Heath Member

00:01 CET!

So what are you guys waiting for! :D

8. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

There aren't any midnight showings around my desolate region. I am going to the 10:30 am today though. :cool:

9. TheReasonSF3

TheReasonSF3 Member

A while ago I had to read the Hobbit for school. It was horrible. Hopefully the Lord of the Rings will be much much better than the Hobbit was.

10. Elvis Costello

I want to preface this by saying that some part of me is deeply ashamed by the renaissance fair/dungeons and dragons dorkiness of going to the midnight premiere of "Lord of the Rings." (Especially when I have to be at work by 7:00am the next day). I have never read the books and I am not into the fantasy genre, generally. But, I was there last night at the AMC 30 with a full house of people because my wife is a Kiwi (the director, Peter Jackson, filmed "LOTR" in his native New Zealand and the country makes for a perfect Middle Earth) and this film is a source of national pride for her.
    None of this matters: this film is awesome in scope, execution, imagination and pure adrineline. This is one of the best movies I have ever seen and the filmmaking muscle on display puts most Hollywood product (emphasis on the word "product") to *shame.* There is nothing convuluted about the story (something I feared might be the case) and the beauty and menace of the images has to be seen to be believed. The acting and casting are spot-on and Peter Jackson's direction is simply astounding. He will go to the head of the class with this one. So, to say that I recommend this film is a real understatement.

11. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

2 hours and 25 minutes away - I'd better get my work done so I can go.

:cool: :D :) ;) :p

12. Nomar

Nomar Member

Watch it RM95. Liv Tyler is worthy of self-splooging.