1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many games will Yao play this season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sun12, Jul 18, 2006.

?

How many games will Yao start this season?

Poll closed Jul 22, 2006.
  1. 70-82 games

323 vote(s)
    87.1%
  2. 60-69 games

35 vote(s)
    9.4%
  3. 50-59 games

3 vote(s)
    0.8%
  4. < 50 games

10 vote(s)
    2.7%
  1. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

70-82, I'd be surprised if it were any less. Yao doesn't get injured much besides that toe, and he's an ironman at that

2. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

75 may be being optimistic. But 60 is being pesimistic i would put Tmac in for about 70 and Yao for 76 or so you guys actually believe Yao has injury problems when infact that is a lie Yao has played all 82 games his first 2 seasons and he played 80 the season after that.

3. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Yao has shown himself to be fairly durable, aside from last years injury plague from hell season.

I think he'll play somewhere between 75-82 regular season games

T-mac will play somewhere between 70-75

4. littleyao

littleyao Member

The more appropriate question would be how many games TMac is going to play. We know Yao is very durable and will play through pain if he has to, so I certainly worry TMac's status much more than Yao's

5. Shooter1583

Shooter1583 Member

I'd say somewhere around 75 or so. I think he'll have a few knick knacks here and there.

6. deshen

deshen Member

I think it is not the same toe.

7. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

Yao will be back to [​IMG] in no time

8. chrispaul3

chrispaul3 Member

I think Yao will play in about 80 games, he is very, very durable, no question about it, way more durable than Shaq. He really isn't injury prone, Mehmet Okur just had a freak accident :eek:

9. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Yao broke his foot because someone stepped on it, not because he came back from toe surgery too soon.

10. Rockets Dynasty

I don't know why, there is nothing at all but a gut feeling here but somehow I think all 82.

I really think that toe infection seriously affected his overall health. The Rockets never came out and said it but they pretty much admitted it.

Truth is, that toe infection would make you sick, I mean physically ill. And it is well known that Yao would vomit before and after games often because he was sick.

Yao can handle pain, he can play hurt and he isn't that injury prone (other than foot breaks but the Rockets need to fix his shoes for that like Big Z and Sabonis had)

Yao;s overall health will be much better, and he's gotten an unheard of amount of rest between the injuries.

11. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Prior to last season Yao was one of the most durable players in the NBA, I still think after this surgery and he's all better from the toe, he'll play 78 games for us.

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I wouldn't be too conerned about how many games Yao Ming plays I would be more inclined towards being concerned about Tracy Mc Grady!

13. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

I think Yao will be playing more games than Tmac

Yao will be playing 68-74.

14. chris_Rocket

chris_Rocket Member

80 GAMES at least in regular season and 20-25 games in playoffs!

15. lazybum234

lazybum234 Member

I say he'll play ~75 games.

He'll miss some for random mishaps (sickness? having a child?)
    and also a couple at the end after we've locked in our playoff seed :D .

16. fnn2097

fnn2097 Member

I think yao can handle an 80 game season schedule. Should he and T-Mac be fit the rox can make the playoffs and fight for the title.

17. aznboi

aznboi Contributing Member

if Yao is gone, we're gonna lose a lot of games, he's gonna play 80/82 I think.

18. tarowu

tarowu New Member

I believe he will play more than 82 games, offseason matchs should be included :D