1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many games will the Rockets win in the regular season ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Aug 27, 2018.

?

How many games will the Rockets win in the regular season?

1. 67+

2. 65-66

3. 63-64

4. 61-62

5. 59-60

6. 57-58

7. 55-56

8. 53-54

9. 52 or less

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

There's not a significant difference in the talent on the bench, but they develop their bench better and actually use them during the season so that they are ready if needed.

I shouldn't have said we don't have the depth. What I should have said is: MDA is terrible at managing minutes and this year's team has less depth than last, so aiming for the same outcome will hurt imo.

rockets1995 and hakeem94 like this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I went 60... I think the team is capable of winning many more, but I think/hope MDA is realizing that it isn't about reg season wins - but having everybody healthy and rested for the post season...
    I'd be fine conceding the top record - if it results in a championship! :)

3. bratna8

bratna8 Member

I don't think MDA pushed them last year. CP3 and Hardens' minutes were managed well during the regular season.

I think with the addition of Melo, it'll be better minutes management for CP3, Harden and EGo.

We should still be on pace to be around 62-65 wins in my opinion.

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

that's the popular narrative... that MDA managed Hardens minutes... but I disagree... really his mpg were only down 1 mpg from the previous year (< 3% reduction) when he pooped out in the playoffs... and that was with him missing a few games due to injury which should bring about a minute reduction coming back from injury... I find it hysterical that after the loss to SAS, MDA said he'd have to do a better job resting harden for the postseason, trims his time by 1 mpg and then equated his slump to 'too much rest' - lol how many games did he actually sit for rest? 2? 3? The dude isn't 23 anymore...
    CP3 actually had a slight increase in mpg over the previous year. only .3 - but still, dude is getting older and has an injury history... i'd be super cautious on his minutes...
    The dude who really got run raged intermittently was Ariza - I think it was December that his mpg was ridiculous - and he ended up injured shortly thereafter...

I am def not a fan of MDA's minute management... i think he keeps guys in games way to long pushing his offensive efficiency - so he can be viewed as some offensive guru... imo...

Ideally, I'd like to see Harden at 32 mpg and CP3 at 30 or less... and really nobody over 32...

When comparing Hardens and CP3's number to previous years, keep in mind... A) They're older and B) Most of those years they had many more games that were dog fights going down to the wire vs last year we had a lot more comfortable leads that could have afforded more early departures...

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. crimsonghost

crimsonghost Member

Rocket Melo > Hoodie MElo

6. sheb

sheb Member

Depends on how fat James Harden is when the season starts

7. Dandy Chiggins

With a inevitable curry and iguadala injury which will put them out approximately 10-15 games each. I say rockets take the number 1 seed with 62 game win season. Book It.

8. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Mid 50s. And that has nothing to do with defence or Ariza leaving like the media tells us.
    I think we take more games or quarters off (at least I hope we do) to make sure we're fresher come finals.

9. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Chris Paul had Absolutely no Backup Point Guard during the whole Season, his minutes increased and costed the Team the Title with his injury. DeAnthony Melton is going to be great player, but Mike seems to get beat by his own mistakes by shorter 7 or 8 man rotation in the playoffs, Chris Paul Injury in Game 5, Dead Legs by Harden, Ariza in in Game 7, 0 - 27 from 3. If Mike wants to Evolve, Expand the Rotation and give Rookies a Chance, Melton and Zhou Qi are going to be huge off the bench.

10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I was thinking 63-19 which of course is a very good regular season record. May take some time to get the new guys going.

I think barring injuries the Rockets will be even better than last year come playoff time.

Plowman, Deckard and topfive like this.
  11. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes the COY cost the team the title :rolleyes: bc a random poster on a board knows a rookie they've never seen play is going to be a great player

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. Know Your Role

We'll break the current regular season record and close in on 70 wins. Prediction that this Rockets team will end up one of if not the best ever. Melo won't be useless, CP3 will continue to thrive and have backup to keep his minutes down, and Ariza and M'bah Moute are overrated and we're better without them.

hakeem94 likes this.
  13. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I feel like we could have easily won 70 games last year.... and probably should have...smh still cant believe we lost those 2 to Memphis and LAC...... with the exception of a handful of games and if you watched the games you know about 75% of those games were virtually over after the 3rd qtr......

I expect us to to dipped down a bit due to learned lessons and hopefully a lot of RS mins being eating up by the backend of our roster.... but still manage at least 60 wins.....

Chris and James alone can get you 60 regardless of the rest of the roster is if they're trying....

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

He maybe COY, but he gets out coached easily by Gregg Popovich with a less talented Roster in 2017 playoff disaster, in Harden quits, DAntoni didn't trust the bench, Simmons alone destroyed Harden and Ariza easily. Up 3-2 against the Warriors Mike didn't close out the Series. Mike does not how to Coach Defense. Gregg and Steve know defense. Steve learned from Phil Jackson and Gregg Popovich. Mike is pure Euroleague style.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Do you really believe Steve Kerr is a better coach than D'Antoni?

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

yeah that's all his fault. great logic. close out vs a team with 2 mvps. and 4 all nba players vs 1 star. should be easy apparently

Mike is pure Euroleague style. The same guy who's the coach of a team that won a franchise best 65 games and put GS on the brink of elimination. he sucks!

17. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

60 max. I feel like last season's success will be tough to duplicate. So many times last year where we broke records or top ranked in something, or felt like it was THE year.

Dunno if we can go on another tear like that.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Let the season start finally!

19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

60 + net ORtg when Carmelo is on court

20. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

As long as we don't have 2 loses to the grizzlies I think 67-69 is doable assuming we split or lose 1 in the 3 game season series against the Warriors, Celtics and Raptors. Sixers was a bad match up for us last year so maybe have a loss there as well. Sweep all in our division.....