1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many games will the Rockets win during the 2014-15 Season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MojoMan, Oct 16, 2014.

?

How many Games will the Rockets win during the 2014-15 Season?

Poll closed Oct 28, 2014.
  1. 65 or more

7 vote(s)
    3.7%
  2. 60-64

8 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. 55-59

68 vote(s)
    36.2%
  4. 50-54

80 vote(s)
    42.6%
  5. 45-49

17 vote(s)
    9.0%
  6. 40-44

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  7. 39 or less

4 vote(s)
    2.1%
  1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

How many games will the Rockets win this year?

Just for a reference, there are 82 games in the season. That means 41-41 is a .500 record.

Last year, the Rockets had 54 wins.

The best record last season was held by the San Antonio Spurs, who finished with 62 wins.

The worst record last year was held by the Milwaukee Bucks, who finished with 15 wins.

Here are the official final standings from last year:

http://www.nba.com/standings/2013/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Div.html?ls=iref:nba:gnav

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

50-54

If Dwight or harden miss any significant time this team is screwed :(

4. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

I think the Rockets are going to be weaker at the point guard position with the loss of Jeremy Linn. And it was not exactly a position of strength to begin with. Also, the loss of Omer Asik is not going to help either.

At the same time, Trevor Ariza should help on the defensive end at small forward. Dwight Howard is likely to continue to develop his play in the low post. And the big change could be if James Harden focuses on playing defense and becomes more of a team player who is willing to pass the ball. I expect that all of these things will happen this year.

Still, the West is tough and the Rockets will have their work cut out for them to improve on their record from last year. The Rockets should finish the season with right around 54-55 wins.

I am going to go with 55 this year, after picking them to win 54 times last season.

5. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

6. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Who cares, it is about the playoffs, the rockets have two superstars.

7. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

8. Raven

Raven Member

50 wins and 7th seed.

9. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

52 wins 7th/6th seed. granted the roster does not change now.

10. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

56 wins... go Rox!

11. kemah

kemah Member

I chose 55 last year and was wrong but will say 55 wins this year and the 4th seed again.

12. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

51 wins 5th-7th seed.

Need to make moves and that is not getting another star but getting a stronger bench

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Fiddy wins

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't think they get to 50 ....48-49W's.

Just not at all impressed with the bench at all. McHale is going to struggle to find production at every position IMO.

DMo is hot and cold , decent bench player.
    Daniels can shoot.
    Jason Terry might be healthy , might not.
    Cisco can defend Durant.
    Black can rebound .... and hustle but appears undersized despite being listed at 6'11".
    Adrien can rebound .... and hustle but is undersized.
    Dorsey is still hot garbage.
    Papa I just don't see an NBA athlete , especially at the leagues toughest position.
    Ish Smith cant shoot , cant hit FT's and is turnover prone.
    Canaan is a 2 in a 1's body the one reason he may make the final roster is the lack of playmaking ability when Harden is on the bench. At least he can shoot ....
    Nick Johnson has potential but has to learn PG skills. Probably spends most of the season in the DL.
    Capela will be in the DL.

Also .... the offense doesn't impress me. They will miss the playmaking ability of both Parsons & Lin when Harden is on the bench. Ariza might be a better fit with Harden but not when he's on the bench and I don't see enough from the backup point spot to think they get the offense flowing there either. It'll be ugly when Harden is on the bench.
    T.Jones is still the weak link ..... they have to upgrade the position.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I'd say around 55 wins, but more likely to be in the 50-54 range than over 55 IMO, so while I voted for 55-59, I don't think we get more than 56 maximum.

17. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Didn't get to see the game last night because I don't have Comcast. But looking at the box score and from the past preseason games, it appears the starters have not played a lot together yet.

Hopefully, we can get a good look at the frontline group tomorrow night during the game against the Spurs.

18. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

At first I thought we could win 50 easily, but this pre-season has me very worried about back-up PG, the PF position and was reminded of McHale's incompetence. I thus will go with 45-49 since Howard, Harden, Ariza & Beverley alone should account for enough wins, but our bench was even a problem last year when we had a superior one.

Starters can only take you so far, especially when you have a coach who just tells you to do whatever you want. The championship teams would be nothing without the likes of Elie, Cassell, Brooks, Chilcutt, Herrera, Chucky and even some old ass veterans. They at least sustained the lead or increased it. I can see our bench losing leads like crazy and we will have a rough start.

If no trades are made and McHale sticks to his theory that you cannot play Daniels, but play Ish Smith 20-25 minutes a night then we are in trouble. I now see why people think we might miss the playoffs.

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Rockets are finished with preseason and are putting the finishing touches on their team in advance of the regular season tip off on Tuesday against the Lakers, who may have Jeremy Lin as their starting point guard after Steve Nash was declared out for the season because of another injury.

Will Terrance Jones be the starter at power forward? Or will Donatas Motiejunas take over the position? And will the Rockets get help at point guard through a trade?

These are the personnel issues that need to be addressed if the team is going to become the dominant force that everyone wants them to be.

20. Kiddsir

Kiddsir Member

69 games with an epic season.