1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many games does Carmelo Anthony get to prove that he doesn't suck?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Oct 18, 2018.

?

How many games does Carmelo Anthony get to prove that he doesn't suck?

1. 25

39 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 41

10 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. 62

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 82

29 vote(s)
    37.2%
  1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

How many games he got to come off the bench?

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Zboy likes this.
  3. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Melo was part of the problem last night but he wasn't the main issue on defense last night. But it does seem like he will be the boards spark. If he plays good then people will make thread. If he plays poorly then people will make threads.

He is a 15 year old vet playing on a min contract. If you expect him to be some kind of savior to the season then you are going to be disappointed. He will have some good nights but other than that he is a min contract player. He isn't going to lock anyone up. On occasion he will make a defensive play see strip of Davis but overall he will be late to rotate and has no laterally quickness. So ....... Complaining about a guy towards the end of his career on a min contract is idiotic.

The problems last night on defense started with the guys making all the money.

Richie_Rich and tycoonchip like this.
  4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Salty from a Lin apologist that got proven wrong lulz...

On the contrary, I have excellent track record when it comes to detecting scrubs.

Juwan Howard
    Jeremy Lin
    Ryan Anderson

Called it early and was proven right each and every time.

[​IMG]

....and now Melo.

The hilarious part is that this is an easy one. Melo and playing defense lol... Just imagine him against the Warriors. *gulp*

#44 Zboy, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    cheke64 likes this.
  5. YOLO

YOLO Member

not saying you specifically but wow this is a completely different tone compared to what filled the endless melo threads we saw the last couple months

6. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Yup people see we added a HOF player and jump the gun. He is what he is an offensive spark off the bench. Expecting anything else isn't realistic given his age and skill set. Adding prime Melo would be different but now he is a min contract player playing out his career and will have nice moments from time to time when he turns back the clock. I do expect him to shoot better than he didn't in OKC because I think CP3 and Harden are that good on offense.

7. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

8. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

WTF is that dumbass point at?? lol

Imagine getting instructions on defense from Melo hahaha...

and now Imagine this **** against the Warriors.

They will exploit him, get in a groove and run away with a win.

You have to be delusional if you think Melo will all of a sudden start playing defense

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

1) I’ve never defended Lin. You’re confusing me with all the other people that think your a moron.

2) All of those players played good minutes for us at times, and all players eventually retire. You’re basically saying that eventually the sun won’t rise tomorrow. You’ll be right some day, but does it really matter?

The sky will be blue tomorrow. See? I pulled a Zboy. I even called it early, it’s not even night here yet!

All of you calls are easy. That’s why they’re stupid.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Why are you always raging and so angry?

I said all those players will be useless in playoffs and I was proven right. *splash!*

PS. Why do you have such a hard time with "you" and "your"?

Also....

Hahahaha...

Told ya..bitter Lin homie.

"Even if he doesnt produce like a star every night." Good one! hahahahaha...

#50 Zboy, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  11. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Melo can be hidden on de

Melo's defense is terrible but those are bad examples....

First play that was Hardens man.
    Second play was a terrible double by EG. No way anyone can make that rotation in time. Mike said we paniced and doubled and that was a prime example.
    Third play was his fault. Didn't communicate switch and let his man run free without much effort.

12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Cant hide Melo AND Harden, while downgrading team defense (losing Ariza and Luc), and the defensive coach that held the defense togther last season....

....against one of the best offense in the history of NBA (Warriors).

13. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

Yes but you are placing the blame on Melo like he had any factor in that and not once did anyone in the FO or coaching staff say Melo is a replacement for them especially on the defensive side of the ball. Just like the Rockets couldn't hide Anderson and Harden they will not be able to hide Harden and Melo.

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I am not placing the blame on Melo for him sucking on defense. He is what he has been his entire career. A low % high volume chucker that does not bring much else to the table.

I am placing the blame on Rockets management thinking that he is going to be a different player in our system and that his defensive liabilities will disappear.

Again, there is a reason our defensive coach quit. The same guy that had actually coached Melo in Denver.

15. lalala902102001

At this stage of Melo's career if he can not score efficiently off the bench he is done as an NBA player. It's simple as that.

25 games and he's out if he ain't producing.

16. MeloMan15

MeloMan15 Member

What will happen is Melo will be on the roster for the entire season. I would say around game 30 or so if he continues to play like this on offense then his minutes will get less and less as the season goes on. He will get some DNPCD and things like that. But he will not be cut.

17. hitman1900

hitman1900 Member

It's not like everybody and their mothers didn't predict this would happen. Again, father time is unbeaten, and it's not like Carmelo was super efficient in his prime either. Just sit his ass down, have the front office admit they were wrong, and move on. 2.4 million is a drop in the bucket for these nba owners anyways.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

you might want to check your choice of melo threads over the past couple months

Zboy likes this.
  19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

we should only play him against the crappy lottery teams. basically play him only when he has a chance to be somewhat effective as a scorer so we can rest our main players more minutes those games.

Zboy likes this.
  20. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

We happen to agree on this point but Stephen A Smith went off about this today on his ESPN radio show. His contention is that MDA has to start Melo - that he (Melo) simply lacks the temperment and desire to come off the bench and doing so affects his game in a detrimental manner. SAS was also adament that we ignore Melo's "politcally correct" speeches about him doing whatever MDA wanted because they weren't sincere. I must admit that I was not in favor of signing Melo due to his declining skills and poor defense. He was terrible in the playoffs for OKC and I didn't see how much his signing would help them move the needle vis-a-vis GS. I believe he was signed more as a "name" player so Morey and CP3 could claim that the Rockets had themselves a "Big 3" as well. We'll just have to wait and see how this all shakes out. By year end we'll all have a better idea of just how Melo helps or hurts this team.