1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many games does Carmelo Anthony get to prove that he doesn't suck?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Oct 18, 2018.

?

How many games does Carmelo Anthony get to prove that he doesn't suck?

1. 25

39 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 41

10 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. 62

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 82

29 vote(s)
    37.2%
  1. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Even 25 games it way too much and being too generous.

Thats 1/3 of the season wasted on this bum knowing very well that regular season is the only time he can actually help...because during playoffs he is going to be too much of a defensive liability to help this team. And unplayable against the Warriors.

I would say give him 10-15 games or so and if he is still a bum then start reducing his minutes. Let the Melo fans cry.

If he is only there to jack up bad shots and shoot them at a low %, while not contributing elsewhere (setting up others, defense, rebound) then I dont see how he is useful. I would rather have Harden, CP, or Gordon taking those shots.

slothy420 and pippendagimp like this.
  2. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

This.

He was open on some of his misses. Instead he pump fakes unnecessarily and then jacks up a contested 2 with a hand on his face.

He has been doing this his entire career.

And people wonder why his FG% sucks.

Just not a smart player.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Starting Melo means even more minutes him and Harden sharing the court together, which is recipe for disaster on the defensive end, and also sets the non-defensive tone early in the game for us. Opposing teams will be off to a good start more often than not.

YOLO likes this.
  4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Zboy doesn't like Melo? Wow.

Don't you wish people would share their opinions more often? I'm sure they have interesting things to say.

HP3 likes this.
  5. hakeemthagreat

I'll judge Melo's play when James Harden actually starts trying on the court. Melo came to be the 3rd or 4th option here, assuming Harden would be the leader we pay him to be. But if he's out there lolly gagging, sleepwalking like last nite, then it puts guys like Melo, Gordon in a position to FORCE shots they don't normally take. If Harden continues half azzin he's going to get coaches fired, players traded & fans pointing fingers.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

and here we are with the early scapegoat excuse of the season. westbrook isn't around anymore. Harden it's now your turn. cp3 next? :eek:

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

The biggest killer is his defense. It's probably worse than Harden. He got me dizzy after seeing him switch multiple times in a single possesion under the basket looking like a dingleberry, the then slasher comes at him and he doesn't contest.

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Harden's obesity is finally catching up to him. A top professional NBA player coming out of shape every season. Close to 30 years old, homie that metabolism don't kickstart no more.

9. HP3

HP3 Member

I mean, its more than just Melo. If we could pinpoint one thing that went wrong last night, I'd be ok. But its multiple things and thats really really not good.

10. hakeemthagreat

Lol. This whole thread is scapegoating Melo, who's still adjusting to a new team, in a role he's never played in his career. Yet our best player gets to throw the ball away, miss multiple layups, not hustle for loose balls & fall asleep on defense?

If KD or Steph did all that in one game would you blame Shaun Livingston or Iggy? Lets be consistent

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

How many games did Joe Johnson get?

He constantly sucked, but it seemed like DA constantly kept playing him

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

if you're going to be consistent, then don't make other players be the reason they played poorly. For every single question mark melo had coming into the year that's been discussed over and over and over, they were on display. for all the talk about being an easy transition and great fit all around, hou looked absolutely unprepared. You're trying to give him excuses bc you're obviously a melo fan.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Man this is going to be a long season

Jake Tower, BaselineFade and napalm06 like this.
  14. hakeemthagreat

Hes clearly out of shape. I posted in the preseason I was concerned about Harden not taking this year seriously, after last nite it seems theres something to it. Last nite I got flashbacks from game 6 against SAS

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

It amazes me year after year that people tend to overthink things (not a knock on OP) after a game or two. It’s an 82 game season and Melo is going nowhere. If Melo does not play well, he won’t get a ton of minutes. I’m not too concerned at the moment. I still think he will have some very big moments. Wishful thinking? Maybe.

16. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He's got till 5:45 PM, Tuesday.

Jake Tower, Game7, J.R. and 1 other person like this.
  17. hakeemthagreat

The whole team looked unprepared. The switching defensive scheme was a complete failure, which falls on MDA. So everybody is responsible for that atrocious loss. But Harden in particular looked disinterested & lackadaisical, the way he was throwing the ball away & falling asleep on defense multiple possessions. He's the BEST PLAYER on the team lol. He sets the tone. If he's not competing the whole team suffers.

18. theimpossibles1

I don't like the vibe Melo brings to the team. Not that he has had a bad attitude thus far, just a career of selfishness doesn't suddenly change.

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

We don't have enough firepower in the frontcourt. Morey said Melo comes here to create new chemistry. Melo is a better effective scorer as a starter. He comes here to score, not for defense. I still expect him to score 20 ppg if he is free to shoot.

By the way, Ennis was trying to play offense, not defense. It is his contract year.

#39 BigBum, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  20. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Eh, I actually take that as a good sign. Typically when Zboy is certain of something, he ends up being wrong.

DonKnock likes this.