1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How many games did you watch Lin play last season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MOFvsLOF, Nov 4, 2012.

Tags:
?

How many games did you watch Lin play last season?

Poll closed Nov 9, 2012.
  1. More than 10

50.6%
  2. Less than 10

11.8%
  3. Less than 5

18.8%
  4. None

18.8%
  1. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I watched every single game he played over 1 million times each. Therefore, I am the best of all time and the rest of you are posers who just jumped on the bandwagon.

2. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Would you have done this if he was not Asian? Racist!

3. beta ticket

beta ticket Member

I watched all of his games from 2/4 vs nets. I also TiVo most of them and watched them again and agin.

4. Second_Cousin

Second_Cousin Member

What difference does that make its a completely different team. It's the individual player's skill set that matters.

5. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

Why does the knowledge have to come from his games in new york? I watched him play a few games at Harvard. I saw him live three games at summer league his first year. I saw a few of his starting games in new york and a few of the games where he got in at Golden State. As well as the very little bit of time he played in the preseason for us.

Honestly, I've liked his game since Harvard. I underestimated his talent level, but I always thought he would be a decent back up PG. I was one of the ones excited we picked him up from GS and who wanted to keep him when he was cut from the Rockets because of the money game.

What bothers me about this thread is, does it matter who knows more about what he did in the past? It's about what he's doing now that matters, so why do we care "who knows the most" about his game?

6. kent335

kent335 Member

Look at the poll response. I am guessing that the majority of active viewers of Clutchfans today have watched a lot of Lin's games last year.

7. kinein

kinein Member

[​IMG]

8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Pee pee games, play them.

9. ptR91

ptR91 Member

I wanna know your knowledge of Lin's game is, you LOF.
    starting from his high school to college to NBA to D-League and back to NBA

10. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

apollo33 is quite irrelevant sometimes...but sometimes he did have points.

11. my2cents

my2cents Member

I will say 0

Thanks for the really good point!! Why don't you think about the reason? Could be the games so "normal" and nothing caught people's eyes?

That is the main reason we rebuild the NEW team.

12. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

I watched 400+ games of HOU Rockets b4 this season, thank you for understanding.

13. SK34

SK34 Member

How many games did LIN play? Has he played a whole season yet? Has he played 82 games yet?

14. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I've watched Lin almost every game since the start of Linsanity. I use his play on the Knicks as a benchmark for how he's playing now. (He had a James Harden-esque 38 points on the Lakers.) I think his quickness and reactions aren't totally back yet, but when Lin starts disrupting the opposing offense regularly, taking opposing PGs off the dribble (WITHOUT a screen), and getting at least 6 FT attempts a game, he'll be back.

When Lin starts "breaking ankles" of defenders and finishing his plays, that's when you'll know he's back. He hasn't gotten back to that level yet.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

My point is, just because you watched all 25 games Lin played last season doesn't make you some kinda know it all expert authority in this forum so you can condescendingly claim your opinions of Lin is somehow superior.

16. torocan

torocan Member

True, but you can argue it gives a better idea of Lin's play in terms of improvement/decline than watching just 3 games this season post-surgery.

Like someone who argues that Lin has reached his Apex when he's clearly done certain things at a higher level last year. Or that he's doing something well when he's clearly not doing it as well this year...

17. everyxt

everyxt Member

Any one followed the Knicks because of that pick we had from them?

18. YYYY1313

YYYY1313 Member

I watched all his games. I haven't watched Basketball in years up to that point, so I don't know just how good he is or isn't. I'm slowly getting more educated on the game and how he stacks overall. I will say this, during that span of Linsanity, it was an extremely exciting time to watch. It felt as thought he could do no wrong. Since then I haven't felt quite that same excitement from him, there are moments where it feels like it's coming and other times where it's not.

I'll continue to watch.

19. stefanb

stefanb Member

Nice. I'm sick of all this Lin talk. We have Harden now so I can't believe people are still wetting themselves over Lin.

20. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Don't see the point in this thread, but whatever.