1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How ludicruous is the idea that Lebron/Bosh/Wade win 45 games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Jul 1, 2010.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

the key with boston was them also having/acquiring rondo and perkins, that solidified the lineup from 1 to 5. They did it perfectly because they acquired what fit and was needed...if miami has bosh/wade/lebron, they can score gooden for the minimum (yeah i know it's crazy) and although it's a great pick up financially, its not great ont he court, since they need a point and center more than a quality back up 4.

2. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

Err. You mean Drew Gooden who just signed for $32 million:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=188830

Maybe not.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

i already knew he commited verbally to that, which is why i said it was crazy. My point was, its not as simple as persuading FAs, who can get bigger money, to give it up and play to win. They have to get FAs that complete the lineup and not just get any good deal that doesnt balance them out.

4. choujie

choujie Member

It's just Morey's pitch. I don't think that will happen. Tmac+Yao with nobody had 50+ wins.

5. spaceage808

spaceage808 Member

only one way to find out!

6. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I think convincing lower salary guys to take the minimum would be an even tougher sale for a GM. After all these lower salary guys aren't making endorsement money and have a more legitimate reason to truly need a decent contract to support them in retirement. Convincing these relative have nots by NBA standards to take less money to win after signing 3 guys to max contracts who were not willing to take less to win and had less true "need" for the money doesn't seem likely.

We can look at teams like the Rockets with Yao and say they won 50 games with "nobodies" but those nobodies were still by and large better than the average minimum salary players. It would be interesting to see a list of all the players who are currently making the minimum though.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think i was expecting them to commit sooner than later. That way they could start pictching "winning a ring" to the lower salary guys, but i'd go for the vets, not the young guys, those guys are the ones who wouldnt settle like you mentioned. Get the Rasheeds, the kurt thomas, ben wallace, guys who've made enough money and now just play in hopes of winning rings. Of course these guys wouldnt last more than another season, but if you achieve succes, you can be sure another wave of vets will be willing to join next year and you can continue that trend revolving around the big 3.

With that trio you can get by with scrubs as their back ups, since they'll be playing 40-42 mins a night...you need 2 more starters and their backs up, or 4 spots with solid talent that will take up most of whatvr money you have left.

Bring in Rafer, White chocolate, or Arroyo as back up point...the key is "back up" because they failed as starters recently

Is Patrick Mills healed up? He may be a solid back up as well, and even Shaun Livingston.

Convince AI to come back at point, he's one guy people havent mentioned, bu the's got alot to prove, more than money can every buy, and this would behis perfect chance to prove it AND win.

Bring in ben wallace as back up center...

all those guys should accept $1 mill salary or slightly less, so that's 3 mill and what's left another 3? Use that completely on a starting center, hopefully someone at the 4-5 mill mark will give that up to win. Maybe haywood?

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can't read Hollinger's article. Does he factor in the overlapping skills of James and Wade?

9. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I just skimmed over it, but I don't think he did.

10. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I seem to remember another big 3(dream, barkley and glide) that were a moving pick and a Stockton 3 pointer from making it to the finals vs the Bulls...and those 3 were on the downside of their careers

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Me too, but that was just to get to game 7.

;)

DD

12. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

i thought that was the case but didnt remember for sure....good call

still....a big 3 plus Maloney and Elie did pretty darn well...

13. acjeitherocket

yea this bosh lebron & wade thing is not gonna happen

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Lebron is in the prime shaq and duncan class to me. He's so dynamic that any team he's on will win 45 wins. He's that good. The cast in cleveland minus lebron is no better than minny,knicks,pacers and teams like that. Add wade and bosh and thats mid 50's win with minimum players. Once they bump the salary cap, they then get the mle and lle and vet min. They can also intake 25% greater than beasleys salary which put them at a 7 m per yr worth of players. That can be turiaf and azuibuike for beasley. So now u have the big 3,chalmers,kelenna,and turiaf. They still have the mle and lle. 5.5m,2m,and vet mins.Fasenko,jordan,magloire could take the lle, barnes,miller,outlaw,thornton, and guys like that would be glad to take the mle or some of it.

15. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's this ludacris.....

[​IMG]

16. Mikeylu

Mikeylu Contributing Member

i generally agree...

Lebron by himself with scrubs is a 60 win team...

throw in wade and bosh.. can not be worse...possibly championship x 10
    but more then likely championship or 2..at least.

17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

As others mentioned the Celtics big 3 were ideal teammates and little did they know the actually had a big 4 in Rondo.

Give Lebron, Wade, and Bosh Rondo, Perkins and the Celtics bench and yeah they'll win big time. But the idea that a bunch of Mike Millers are going to come play for the minimum when they can get 10 times that somewhere else is just stupid.

18. meh

meh Contributing Member

I wish people would stop saying this. While Lebron's teammates disappeared completely in the playoffs, they were very good in the regular season. To dismiss that is so ludicrous I don't even know where to begin.

Rotation players in Cleveland >>>> Anything the Heat can surround Wade/Lebron/Bosh. They also play top defense, which will be impossible in any big 3 scenario. Scrub vet minimum starting center + Bosh, or Bosh at center, is basically a layup drill for the opposition.

19. nebula955

nebula955 Member

It's not that bad. They can easily trot out this lineup:

PG: Iverson
    SG: Wade
    SF: Lebron
    PF: Bosh
    C: Shaq

Bench: Tmac, Sheed, and the Dleague surprises.

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

IPairing does mean 2. The paragraph is not very clear. . It said Bosh joining a triumvirate of Lebron and Wade. A triumvirate is a group of 3.