1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long will you continue to support this pathetic Texans franchise?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by CometsWin, Oct 4, 2015.

?

How long will you continue to support the Texans?

1. Forevaaaah

81 vote(s)
    37.0%
  2. We just need a QB

62 vote(s)
    28.3%
  3. I'm about done

38 vote(s)
    17.4%
  4. **** this team

38 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I root for the Texans because they rep Houston. That's it. To the extent I care about the NFL, it's the Texans and only the Texans.

Huge distinction for me between the Rockets/Astros and the Texans is that I grew up with the former...the latter wasn't a thing until after I was an adult. I think I'd feel differently about them if they were the Oilers, because there would at least be that connection. I can disengage from the Texans to a certain extent in ways that I just can't with the Rockets and Astros...even if I wanted to :)

I will not be carving time out of my schedule to watch this team, and I most certainly will not be buying tickets to see them play. Having said that, I'm sure their games will be on in my house. Their organization bores the pants off of me...and it's sharply contrasted with the approaches taken by the Rockets and Astros to building a product.

I am blown away by the fan support this organization gets. The NFL is a monster everywhere...but this market laps up football mediocrity like it's fine wine.

Nook and davidio840 like this.
  2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

More like Boone's.

3. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

That is pretty darn spot on in regards to how I feel.

At this point, I wouldn't mind if the Texans just sucked and lost all year to get a QB in the draft. Yeah, it is a risk, but it is a risk worth taking at this point. At least it will give us something to be somewhat excited about next year....

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We were a SB team before Schaub got hurt.

But I was referring to this year

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Fantasy Football makes the NFL extremely enjoyable - as Nimo noted.

But I will be a Texan fan till the day I hit the dirt. Rocket/Astros fan first.

6. marky :)

marky :) Member

I honestly try to watch every weekend but I always end up doing something else. It gets horribly boring watching our team struggle.

But I mean come on...42-0 in 3 quarters. Thats embarrassing.

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I guess I'm just not as emo as a lot of you guys. I watch the games because I enjoy them. If they win, awesome. If they lose, it sucks but my well-being isn't affected at all. I just shake my head, make a few jokes about how bad it was and then move on with my life.

I just can't imagine being so pissed off after a loss that I'd start a thread OFFICIALLY RENOUNCING MY FANDOM.

Bunch of big-talkers...you'll all be watching on Thursday and you know it. Either to cheer them on or dump on them. Because you enjoy it.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's just a bunch of bad fans upset that the weather isn't fair at the moment. The board would be better if they found a front runner to cheer on and forgot about the Texans.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Sadly forever. Although Im just not as emptinally invested in them anymore. Havent been since 2013. They will always be my favorite team, I just know not to expect anything from them anymore.

10. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

If the Texans beat the Colts Thursday night then the Texans will be in 1st place with the tie breaker win over the Colts. Let's win AFC South with a 6-10 or 7-9 record!

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Althought I do hate those Facebook "Win or lose Ill forever love my Texans" posts.
    GTFO you only like JJ Watt.
    People really love that S*** show.

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

No less than 8 wins

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

This is almost exactly how I feel, except to an extent, it's the same basically with all sports.

This makes other more passionate sports fans than me, I guess. Which is fine. And I really really like sports, especially professional.

But with apps, twitter, radio, etc., there are so many ways I can keep up with a game, that I don't always have to carve out blocks of time to watch.

I'll admit the Rockets are different, in that I will watch them more for sure, and when they're good try to watch 100% of the games. But when they toiled in mediocrity year after year, I wasn't as invested. But I still watched a lot. But this goes to why I like the NBA the best generally. For one, you can miss a game for whatever reason, and absent a "big" game, it's ok. There's another one around the corner. Because of that, you don't have a whole week of build-up, and a whole huge off-season of build-up (like the NFL). And because of that, you are also seeing a lot of other teams and players come through. Whereas in the NFL, a team sees what, just 13 other opponents in the regular season? And, just generally with the NBA, even when the team is mediocre, it seems easier to pick a few favorite players on the squad that might be up and coming, or do something that you just really like - eg, Aaron Brooks, or Carl Landry, or even Chuck Hayes. It's harder to do that, to me, for the NFL, or MLB.

So on the whole, I'll watch basketball/Rockets fairly religiously, and am more fairweather for the Texans, Astros or any other squad I like.

Which is fine... it doesn't mean I can't jump on board more wholeheartedly when I see the direction finally going the right way.

14. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I will always root for the Texans cause I'm from Houston and I love all our teams. The sad part is that you get used to being let down after all the build up in the offseason (every offseason).

But whatever I'll still watch the rest of the games if/when I'm home... the rest of you bandwagon fans can suck it when we finally start winning again. Go root for the Patriots or something.

15. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

The only team I like is the Patriots, because they seek to destroy the integrity of the NFL.

JK, but seriously it's a boring and giant time waster of a sport. Like how baseball used to be. The ratio of time between plays and time actually spent on plays is ridiculous. And I absolutely agree 1,000% with FTW Rockets FTW on the fact that it's a fake tough guy sport.

The NFL is the new WWE, full of drama and pretenders.

16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Hmmmm, it's almost as if you are FTW Rockets FTW.......

17. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

The litmus test is that I don't always agree with him on Rockets talk.

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Liking a team only when they are winning is the definition of a bandwagon fan. I will support all local teams regardless of whether they have a winning product or not. It makes the eventual success all the more fun when it occurs.

19. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I only support local sports franchises and local restaurants

20. Buck Turgidson

Just because it's in your neighborhood doesn't make Golden Corral a local restaurant.

1 person likes this.