1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How long does it take you to get over these playoff exits?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2k8, May 28, 2015.

1. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Glad to hear everyone seems to be overall positive and not suicidal. I was almost suicidal after last year! (JK) but it was pretty bad. I think this year it's much better to move forward. It still sucks and still pretty fresh on my mind. I think it might take me a good week to start forgetting and going back to normal every day life.

2. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I am usually stressed during games, but then get over it in like 2 minutes. It's just entertainment, after all.

3. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Had some flapjacks after the loss, emotionally detached since then...:eek:

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

My stress level was so high during the first round because if they had lost to the ****ing Mavs I would have probably been homicidal.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

The older I get, the easier it is to deal with. I watched every minute of every game on the edge of my seat. But today I move on. It's baseball season and the Astros are pretty good. Plus, we get the Texans on Hard Knocks this summer. I also am excited to see what Morey comes up with to improve on this.

It's a good time to be a Houston sports fan.

Even moreso...going to see our Dynamo take on Manchester City tonight. Good times. Good times...

6. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

When you lose to a better team, achieve your realistic expectations for the season, and appear on an upward trajectory the defeat is easier to take. Plus we got massacred in game 3, so processing defeat was much easier.

Last season was the exact opposite in every way, and made the offseason miserable.

7. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

Great question. Even though I hate the Rockets lost I'm still a basketball fan. Steph is hard not to like and the LeBron homecoming story is a great one. Either way I'm looking forward to rooting for whoever ends up being the underdog. Cleveland and Golden State have earned my respect this year. Either one will be a great champion.

8. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Pretty much this.

I was on edge during the entire Mavs series because losing to them would have been unacceptable.

The Clippers series was full of highs and lows but even down 3-1, I still felt like we would come back. Investing that much emotionally takes a toll.

I felt like we could run with GSW but once we lost game 3, I knew that was it.

Feels better than last year, that's for sure

9. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Not as long as it does for either college or pro football.....

As for the NBA, once the rockets are out I don't watch much..if any...of the other NBA games.

10. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I'm over it. Really sucks that we couldn't win a championship but I still consider it a successful season. It's rare for rockets fans to see runs like this season's so it's better to just be happy you were able to experience it. I went to as many games in the playoffs I could go and I am just happy I went along for the ride. The last time we went this far I was 9 years old and it felt really good to be able to experience the feeling of actually having a chance again. Hoping we win the championship next year but who knows, sometimes you just need to be lucky as far injuris are concerned. Who knows how Dwight will hold up, if Harden will hold up, etc etc.

11. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

One thing....it would have taken me longer if it was a nail biter, or came down to a game 7. But the way this series went, it was over before last nights game.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It is kind of hard
    I will catch bits and pieces of the finals
    but . . . .. . it will just be background

Rocket River

13. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

In my teens and 20s I lived and died with Houston sports. Now that I'm in my mid-30s, I get over it almost immediately. It's only a game.

14. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

I drunkenly texted a few girls last night after the loss and woke up ashamed for my lack of game. I'm less disappointed in the Rockets than myself.

:rolleyes:

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

It took me more than a month to get over last years because it ended in such brutally disappointing fashion. I got over this before the game even ended.

16. dragician

dragician Member

I want to see Curry breaks LBJ.

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

When the next stros game .

18. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Last time the Rockets were in the WCF, I was single and in my 20's. I lived and died by every playoff game and was clinically depressed the days after losses.

Now, I have a family, a career, a mortgage, etc etc etc. Now it's just entertainment compared to everything else going on in real life.

19. bnb

bnb Contributing Member

It's like getting over a hangover.

Feel bad the next morning....but I'm fine by the following day.

20. VanityHalfBlack

I'm more concern about the disaster that just struck our city than the Rockets shortcomings. I mean they got to the Western Conference finals. That is a successful season if you ask me.