1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How important are the Denver/Dallas games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ShadyMcGrady, Mar 1, 2008.

?

How important are the Denver/Dallas games coming up?

1. Very important. Have to win both.

114 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. Pretty important. Have to at least split.

106 vote(s)
    44.7%
  3. Not that important. We lost Yao, what does it matter?

10 vote(s)
    4.2%
  4. We're on a long winning streak and everyteam loses eventually.

7 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

To you, how important do you think the Denver Nuggets and Dallas Mavericks games coming up are?

Are they very important because they will show our true strength without Yao?
    Are they not that important because we're on a 14 game winning streak and everyone loses eventually?

How will if you feel if we split the games? Win both? Lose both?

Thoughts...

2. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

We will win both games, and something special is going to happen this season.

3. apocclass

apocclass Member

the denver game very important because obviously, they want our spot and we are probably more likely to fall out than golden state since we dont have yao anymore. also, we need to get that tiebreaker. a win puts us 4 games ahead of them which is a nice little cushion going into a very tough part of our schedule.

the dallas game, not so much. it would just be nice to be them because they are a great team and we want to prove we are still legit even without yao. also because they have beat us 3 times already, and stackhouse has been talking trash :mad: :mad: :mad:

but, this streak does have to come to an end sometime.....

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

in computer programming terms

every game is atomic
    an atomic piece of a linear list
    an immutable list that we call a winning String...uh, Streak!
    meaning you can't go back in time and say, NO! The Rockets didn't deserve that...it was against teams in the post Jordan era.

you can't change it.

Jordan is no longer a function...despite the nba Keymaker/Stern creating a matrix of jordan clones.

that said...i sure am hoping that the atomic outcomes generate an infinite loop.

as for how important the Dallas game is to us...

*** Dallas

5. LewLLOYD

LewLLOYD Member

important within our own dramas.
    we are the ones who get excited or depressed based on the outcomes of these games. so we all want to instant gratification of a sweet victory/ drubbing of our rivals. down with denver, down with dallas.
    yet if we loose both of these games and beat out the rest of the upper eschelon teams in march, then i would be happy too ;)

my new fav player is scolandry. never seems to get tired that scolandry.

6. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Given the fact that we are 2 games out of first place, .5 game behind Dallas and 3 games up on the Nugs, both games are incredibly important. The next couple of weeks are going to define how much we can expect this team to "man up".

7. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

If dallas and denver are playing at their 80% to 100% capacity and we still beat them, I will bet my life that we'll make it past the first rond.

8. RocketTilIDie

RocketTilIDie Member

2 wins would be nice

9. ShiniKashi

ShiniKashi Member

AHAHAHAH

I CAN'T BELIEVE I UNDERSTOOD ALL THAT!

compsci ftw~

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Poor HP you have gone nuts. :eek: It's a shame, once one of the best posters on here. :(

11. zforrest

zforrest Member

I understand why someone would think that, but I just want to point out that past game results do not affect probabilities of future events (ie, going on a winning streak doesn't increase the odds for a loss in the future). The games are mostly independent.

But I voted that both games count.

12. ind0fo0

ind0fo0 Contributing Member

putting your life in tmac's hands is good... if you want to die.
    :rolleyes:

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

lol...they gave me a 19yr intern this week who "wants to learn classic programming" from me. I'm having to brush up on my academic speak. They say it's best to use a foreign language in all your common encounters. Why not here. haha

that said...the venacular is always more popular with the locals....which brings me back to...

*** Dallas

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Denver is pretty close to a must win if we want to make it into the postseason. Dallas not so much, although it would be a huge victory.

15. bluerap04

bluerap04 Member

Win both

Duck Fallas!!

..no wait

16. zack15432

zack15432 Member

we will definitly win 1 of those 2 games. I also predict that we will go 6&1 between now and the lakers game on the 16th. that week will be the true test of what we can do as a team. 5 games in 7 nights, the hardest week of the season. LA, BOS, NO(B2B), GS, PHX(B2B). Go ROX keep the streak goin as long a possible.

17. solid

solid Contributing Member

Need at least a split. Of course, we all want to win them both. My theory is that if the Rockets win the rest of their games they will be NBA Champions. It is really very simple to understand, just not very simple to do.

18. dedong22

dedong22 Member

we get some tough games in March, gonna be interesting and could be a HUGE confidence building experience

19. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Denver is a home game. We need to win games like this one, to prove we still have something left without Yao.

Dallas is a road game against a really good team. Can't be too disappointed if we lose that one.

20. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

I think that we must win these two games to prove people wrong. People have been saying that we are done with Yao being out, but i think the opposite, we can do it!