1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How have Royce's words and actions affected you?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 14, 2012.

?

How have Royce's words and actions affected you?

1. I have a mental illness and it's now easier to talk about it and get help.

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. I have a mental illness and it's now more difficult to talk about it and get help.

9 vote(s)
    3.9%
  3. I have a mental illness and he's had no effect on me.

28 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. I don't have a mental illness, but I now have a more positive view and a better understanding.

17 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. I don't have a mental illness, but now i have a more negative view and a lesser understanding.

75 vote(s)
    32.5%
  6. I don't have a mental illness and he's had no effect on me.

96 vote(s)
    41.6%
  1. redearth

redearth Contributing Member

I feel sorry for Royce, the team, and us as fans. I hope there will be a win-win resolution. I feel it's unfair to take the measure of a man 140 characters at a time, but I also hope that Royce can appreciate that sports fans are just being sports fans despite some of the comments hurled his way.

2. Summer Song Giver

From his own words and actions I know he is probably more self entitled than he is ill.

3. DJGRIND

DJGRIND Member

Can you say Self-fulfilling Prophecy??? How much of his anxiety comes from the unknown of how things will be due to the fact that he has alienated himself? Talk about "the elephant in the room," who wouldn't feel like an a$$ walkng into any situation where you have caused so much drama...? It's normal to feel "all eyes on you" when you have caused so much tension and uncertainty. I don't think what he has is truely a mental illness, I think he has poor coping skills... I think he was not raised to deal with life properly, never been slapped in the back of his head by his mom, dad, grandma (abuelita), or grandpa (abuelo) and told him to suck it up. Nervousness is part of playing sports, being on stage or being in entertainment. Either you suck it up and play through it or shut up and go home. I get if YOU TRIED, but like I tell my kids, don't tell me you can't if you haven't even tried.

4. HOU_ROCKETS1

HOU_ROCKETS1 Member

I don't have mental illness and i want a 16th pick

5. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

This dude loves attention. The Rockets have certainly bent over for him.

6. mhsc008

mhsc008 Member

Jonathan Feigen: Patrick Beverley signed 3-yr Rockets deal yesterday, per source. Deal not in place until FIBA clearance so no cut yet.
    Twitter @Jonathan_Feigen

I think Royce White will be suspended and Patrick Beverley will take that roster spot.

7. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

I did not think I had a mental illness prior to following him, now I think I do.

It has a had a huge effect on me but I do not want to talk about it.

8. DJGRIND

DJGRIND Member

lol.... ^^^^

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member