1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How have Royce's words and actions affected you?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 14, 2012.

?

How have Royce's words and actions affected you?

1. I have a mental illness and it's now easier to talk about it and get help.

6 vote(s)
    2.6%
  2. I have a mental illness and it's now more difficult to talk about it and get help.

9 vote(s)
    3.9%
  3. I have a mental illness and he's had no effect on me.

28 vote(s)
    12.1%
  4. I don't have a mental illness, but I now have a more positive view and a better understanding.

17 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. I don't have a mental illness, but now i have a more negative view and a lesser understanding.

75 vote(s)
    32.5%
  6. I don't have a mental illness and he's had no effect on me.

96 vote(s)
    41.6%
  1. jrobich

jrobich Member

I don't see how a flying anxiety excuses him from missing local games and practices -- or how it excuses him from playing in the D-league.

2. ashiin

ashiin Member

It's not just flying, it's an everyday thing for him. Anything could trigger an anxiety attack apparently.

With that being said, this whole thing feels like he's skipping partly because of the lack of playing time, which is pretty inexcusable for me.

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

It's not the first time the Rockets have had players call them out for mis-information.

4. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

White could take the same path as T-Will or he could take the same path as Morris.

Everyone was questioning Morris' maturity last season, but he is completely different this season.

I'll give White at least a year to see where he ends up.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think everyone here should really take the time to serious think about voting here, and sending it to Royce for him to read.

The proof is in the pudding. The fact is, he has done more damage to his cause then he has good. The poll doesn't lie here, and he should be made aware of this.

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

it's actually a crappy poll. no offense, but it's a biased poll. where's the:

"i have no mental illness, i now have a better understanding of the issue, and the seriousness of the illness"

7. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

8. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I have add and dislexia, and I think this is stupid. You may be born with a more challenging life, but you're perspective on life is greater than someone without a disorder generally understands. He needs to understand that people are the way they are, and it's very hard to change their minds. Going on a crusade and missing practice is the wrong way to do this. He needs to appeal to the non-believers in a way they understand: with lunch pail, never say die work ethic. Stop screwing around and work hard.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Isn't that option #4? The point of both is represent those who don't have a mental illness and think Royce's words and actions still have had positive effect on them.

I dont see where it's biased. There's an answer for everyone. Sure, i could have added more options, but it would have become too specific and endless.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah, poor choice of words on my part. i appreciate you taking time to put up the poll. what i meant was, i have a problem with the wording of "positive" vs "negative" views. I guess i didn't really understand what that meant. Mental illness is something that no one wants so i didn't understand how you could have a positive view of it. Will rep you for the effort.

actually i can't rep you because i've repped you too many times apparently :)

11. Akim523

Akim523 Member

Where's the option of "I eat babies" and " Triple purple money dishwasher"?

12. BigBenito

BigBenito Member

I don't have a mental illness and he's had no effect on me except to make me worried about his future as a Rocket.

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Thanks, i see what you mean. I guess i was looking at it from Royce's perspective and at the same time just trying to keep it simple as possible.

Maybe it'll help to think of it as "a more positive view of those with the illness." As in, we see them as good, regular, people, who happen to have a serious condition, rather than someone who's just labeled as crazy, lazy, a thug, etc...which would be a more negative view of the person.

I'm almost sure he's seen it by now. As much as he cares what people think, he probably frequents the site. I was going to tweet him the link, but i doubt he'd admit he went about this the wrong way. He'd say something like, "that's why i have to keep spreading the word," or, "as long as i have helped a few people then it's all worth it."

#53 RV6, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  14. jocar

jocar Member

WOW, 17% of Clutchfans has mental illnesses.
    That explains a lot of the crazy, bipolar posts up in here ;)

15. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

I have no idea what to think about any of this. I'd rather it just got taken care of so Royce can get some playing time (D-League or otherwise) and become useful to the team.

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think we'd all be surprised to know how many of us can actually be diagnosed as mentally ill. We all have some crazy in us. If you think about it, Royce could have been a more quiet kid that kept to himself and never been diagnosed. Sometimes our lives and/or personalities keep the "crazy" down to insignificant amounts that make it irrelevant and sometimes they don't.

17. alethios

alethios Member

So, really, Royce is just one of us and we should embrace him as a narcissistic member of our dysfunctional family LOL.

I really wish he would understand that he's getting in his own way of succeeding - no one is holding him back.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm bumping this to increase participation/votes, since this is still an ongoing issue....

19. kent335

kent335 Member

If I were an employer, I would never hire a mentally ill person.

20. kent335

kent335 Member

Royce White is a prime example of why people are down on the future of America.