1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Harden can achieve godlike status without changing his game.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Swapshop, Jan 19, 2017.

1. val_modus

val_modus Member

The way Yao was treated by the Chinese national team was disgusting. I remember a summer after one of his late season foot/leg surgeries, he went to China for international ball, and was thrown right into the action without any kind of rehab plan, minute limitation, etc. first game he played like 36 or so minutes. Disgraceful.

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

So you were one year old when you joined CF? That reminds me of a poster named MacBeth. :D

3. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

4. LG1200

LG1200 Member

You know that All-Star break is what its name implies right? A break. Anyone who isn't participating in the games or events typically go home to their hometowns or go on a mini-vacation.

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Look dude, it's okay to have a desire to see Harden improve even more. He has the skill set to replace Kobe as the second greatest shooting guard of all time If he can mimic Kobe's strict lifestyle.

There is a reason why players like Kobe have superstar caliber seasons well into their thirties. He maintained a rigid diet to do this. Harden at this rate will be legit fat by the time he's 31. He's 27. He's going to have to learn to treat his body like a temple if he wants to maintain this level of production for several years. Many greats learned that at a certain age it's time to lean down to relieve stress on joints. LeBron is another example. It's not disrespect to say that he needs to start going on a cutting phase this upcoming ofseason. I don't want him to do it in the middle of a season. That's a bad idea.

6. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

It's ok man, Harden can't hurt you anymore. You need to move on with your life.

7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Haha, wrong word. He's 10 years younger than me. I member MacBeth!

8. photojoe

photojoe Member

Nothing about this post is necessarily wrong. But it's really easy to sit here and type on a computer as a fan to say that some person that I never met needs to do this or do that and needs to take care of himself and to eat better.

I'm typing this while I'm eating the pizza that I ordered for lunch.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  9. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He can go party all he wants, but why won't he take the ball out when the other team scores? he just stands there....

10. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Need to find a way to cut off his Internet as well

11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Good luck...................

Calvin WatkinsESPN Staff Writer
    [​IMG]
    James Harden on the possibility of playing with his former Oklahoma City Thunder teammates Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant on the West All-Star team: "The West is stacked period. You got Steph, Anthony Davis, Kawhi. You have all those guys playing at a high level, so it will be fun. That weekend is always fun, just to be around those guys and kind of take a break and enjoy each other.

12. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Relax as in play their games, don't get discouraged, stay confident. Ease the nerves. Not implying they should play non-nonchalant.

Secondly, I didn't give the Durant analogy; I was pointing out it was a poor one and you can't make these analogies, and regular life situations compared to basketball analogies, which you started.

13. fchowd0311

So I guess never critique an athlete? I mean are we just supposed to jerk each other off only in the GARM?

Harden gets paid millions to be an elite athlete. All I'm saying is if he wants a long career of being a superstar he needs to get leaner the older he gets.

14. fchowd0311

Emperically you probably spend more time out of your life posting about Harden then me. He's more important to your life.

So... Your life must be consumed

15. Know Your Role

James needs all the awards and accolades he can get including a Sprite/Kia/Kitchenaid 2017 All Star Game MVP Award.

16. Jatman20

Jatman20 Member

Shakespeare was a Rockets fan; I thinketh.

Against popular belief (Morey)....Harden can meet God-like status by building the team further around him.
    Rockets main core of Harden/Ryno/Ariza/Capela/Bev/Gordon/Harrell/Nene is equal/ or greater than most
    teams top 8 players.

Rather than going "All-In" or "All-Out" to get another superstar. Get more 3-D guys to fill in the depth.
    On the perimeter & interior so that the second teamers keep the pedal to the metal without skipping a beat.
    Backup PF 3-D guy to replace Ryno vs a tough defensive cover would be preferred since Nene is a UFA.

That allows Harden to rest more during the season & obtain rings. With Rings brings the God-like status.

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

get rid of Brewer and sign a legit 2 way all-star to the team

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Harden has to play with no competent big man deferral. You can't win in this league like that for long. Healthy Capela still can't hold his ground, literally, against the better dominant bigs...

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Of course it's ok for people to have that desire. It's even more ok for Harden to just let go for one weekend after a CRAZY schedule that he knocked out of the park after maturing as a leader and coming into training camp in great shape.

He is not paid to: be an elite athlete as defined by random fans. There are specific terms in his contract. He gets paid to prepare and play and excel for the Houston Rockets. He prepares, plays and more than excels. He doesn't break the terms of his contract. He is essentially getting robbed right now, because the max we can pay him is not even half what he's worth. Still, he comes in motivated, in shape, ready to tear teams another *******, and he does it. He is the MVP again.

Dude think about him as a human being man. A young human being who is annihilating his "annual appraisal". I don't care if he has an unhealthy 1 night during the All Star break. It won't affect his career if he does that for the one night. People who don't let stress and fatigue off by having fun at the appropriate time, in my opinion, will always self destruct.

I do understand the argument that he shouldn't do that on a regular basis in the summer and he shouldn't do what I described multiple times during the season. That would have long term effects on his post NBA life and it would make his physical condition deteriorate faster, etc. If that's what you mean, we're on the same page.

20. CallMeTheDream

Miss the game so he can lose out on possible incentive dollars in his contract? He deserves this after the way he was robbed last year.