1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How good will Anthony Davis be?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Pieman2005, Mar 14, 2014.

?

How good will Anthony Davis be?

1. HOF player that can win MVP/DPOY awards

57.3%
  2. 2nd-Tier superstar player that can be built around

33.9%
  3. Perennial all-star but not good enough to be #1 player on a contending team

6.5%
  4. Borderline all-star player with defensive impacts

0.8%
  5. Other - Will fizzle out or not realize potential due to injury problems

1.6%
  1. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

In his last 5 games (3/4 - 3/14) he is averaging 30.8ppg, 13 rebounds, and 3 blocks for game.

He moves around really well for a big guy, and has great defensive instinct.

Offensively he has decent ball handling and some good range.

Imagine when his body is more filled out and he puts on some pounds.. the guy is a monster and, imo, is only getting better.

2. split41

split41 Member

Will have at least one mvp trophy in his cabinet before his career is out at least one finals appearance and maybe a ring. This dude will be a HOF.

3. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

GOAT. He'll average 40 points, 20 rebounds, 10 assists, 5 blocks, 5 steals, 1 turnover in a year with a ton of injries to his teammates.

4. clippy

clippy Member

The Pelicans completely collapsed tonight the second he re-entered the game. Kevin Love 2.0?

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

lol shutup clippy

6. clippy

clippy Member

Tell me about it, that choker cost me a 4 team parlay.

7. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Hopefully 35-40 fantasy points a night for years to come...hopefully...

8. what

what Member

It kills me when people talk about Kevin Love not being a winner. The dude is a top 3 player in the league with a team that has Ricky Rubio as a big 3 option. I mean the t-wolves have nobody on that team outside of Kevin Love.

9. VBG

VBG Member

He could be Kevin Garnett. So a top 20 player of all time is his ceiling which is quite ridiculous.

10. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

He has the potential to be a HOFer.

11. clippy

clippy Member

While I agree that players need teams to win, at some point you have to take a bit of responsibility. Making the playoffs in the NBA isn't a big accomplishment--over half the teams do it every year. And Minny isn't even that bad outside of Love. Pek is a solid center. Martin is a gifted scorer. Rubio, Brewer, Barrea.. all decent players. Good coach too. I mean, Pau Gasol too worse to 50 wins when he was on Memphis.

12. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

While using rings in arguments for or against players is often stupid (only 1/30 teams gets them every year), if you repeatedly can't make the playoffs as a supposed superstar (8/15 teams from each conference make them every year), that gives me pause. Was Harden's team last year better than this year's Wolves? Are this year's Suns? That's why I can't really take seriously the assertion that Love is a top 3 player, and is why I'm not really impressed with a guy like Cousins either. But Davis, only in his second season, has time and potential to become considerably more impactful than both.

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

14. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

All Love needs is a legit rim protecting big & some decent 3-and-D wings and he'll be in the playoffs every year. I'd still take him over Aldridge.

As for Davis, he's on his way to superstardom. A Chris Bosh on Offense/Marcus Camby on D hybrid.

15. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

better than duncan is his potential

16. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

17. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

He is stud on both ends, you have to be blind not to like him as a player.

18. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Love is just so bad on the defensive end. Plus he looks fat no matter how fit he gets. Ricky Rubio, Pek, and Martin is a lot more talent than Kobe has had when he gets a team the 8 seed. I'm not saying he's bad but he needs more talent to prob him up. You think if you put KD on that team then don't go to the playoffs or Lebron? You say he is top 3 and that puts him in that category. I think you even put Dwight on that team and they make the playoffs so he isn't even as good as Dwight.

19. Pieman2005

Pieman2005 Member

Davis just had a 40-20 game, didn't score in the OT so it didn't inflate his points

20. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think he can probably be HoF caliber, but not sure yet about MVP-caliber... since that was included, I voted for the second option instead.

He's a special player though.