1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How good is the small forward position...??

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Remii, Nov 22, 2013.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Evan Turner is very attainable....

Asik + DMo + pick for Turner + Hawes

2. Remii

Remii Member

Yea... I figured that. Parsons played like hot garbage without Harden in the Philly game _ and no one around here said nothing.

Didn't mean to upset you... But I brought up Parsons non existing defense. You're the one that brought up his contract.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

I didn't respond to your OP. I responded to a particular post of yours. That particular post of yours stated Parsons contract being immaterial to the Rockets championship chances. Which both lacks common sense and wrong.

You mentioned Lebron, Iggy, George, Deng, and Butler in your OP post. Do you believe that the Rockets would win a championship by replacing Parsons with Deng or Butler? Or that we can actually trade Parsons for Lebron/Iggy/George?

4. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Their problem is not their Small forward position. Their problem is they need a bag of cheetos.

5. Remii

Remii Member

No.. I asked you was you more concerned about championships or cheap contracts because that seemed to be your main reason for Parsons value more so than his defense.

And I believe Deng is just as good if not better of a perimeter defender than anyone out there and if Morey can trade for him he should. He's a SUPER UPGRADE over Parsons on both sides of the ball. So I can't guarantee they would win a Chip but they definitely have a much better chance with Deng in the starting lineup than Parsons.

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Im not really sure why if the Rockets "upgrade" the SF position by bringing in someone like Deng, Batum, etc. that this automatically means Parsons is gone.

I'm all for upgrading the position, but I'm not all for just shipping out Parsons when you could just sweeten the deal with a pick or two instead of putting Parsons in the deal. Just doesn't make sense when Parsons and a player like Deng/Batum/etc. are as versatile as they are to play different spots and roles on the team.

7. Play07

Play07 Member

I want parsons to stay it's all about chemistry, he can be that clutch Horry type of guy that plays within the system... just want him to do less of the celebrity stuff he did this summer, if he's not going to improve on his defense

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Dude… its a business, and its called marketing. You'd be dumb to not do the exact same thing if you had the chance to promote your brand if you had one.

Also there is no indication that he didn't work on his game. Its not like he came into camp with a huge beer belly or anything. His defense is suffering and his shot is a bit flat. I don't think there are too many drills you can work on in the Summer with just your trainer that is going to make an impact on your defensive skills. Its all effort. And his shot… he's still been very affective offensively, and every shooter goes through slumps. His effort on the defensive end is what is key to helping the team improve on that end.

Attributing his defense and shooting to his Summer is very unfair. What is he supposed to just cut himself off from society just cause he cares about what think and doesn't want to look like he's not working on his game 24/7.

9. Remii

Remii Member

No one said they would have to trade Parsons to get Deng but they shouldn't not make the trade if Chicago wants Parsons... But I would try to get that 1st round pick as well from them if that were the case. And I believe that pick is from Charlotte. Asik and Bev may even be an option with Rose hurt and Bev is from there or Asik and D-Mo.. I'd rather keep D-Mo tho, can't teach 7 feet...

10. Play07

Play07 Member

Some guys channel in over the summer and work on their game. See Paul George, Anthony Davis, even Lin & bev.

I understand what you're saying about marketing, nothing wrong with that it is a business, over the summer I saw parsons doing way more than that... He did at least 5 interviews just on him getting Howard to come, tv shows, magazines for teen girls, spoke on about wanting to model, list goes on & on.

Like I said I like parsons and don't think he should be replaced with a better defender, because he showed his first year that he is capable of being a lockdown guy on D. Just saying he went away from that scrappy mind frame on defense and him being in the public eye more as a celebrity "something he enjoys" May have something to do with it