1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How good is Pau Gasol?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gah, Dec 8, 2011.

?

Among big men, He is:

1. Top 3

43 vote(s)
    31.6%
  2. 4-6

49 vote(s)
    36.0%
  3. 7-10

23 vote(s)
    16.9%
  4. Not even top 10

21 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. gah

gah Member

Simple poll that I wish will help to clear the smoke.

I'm biased, I like the trade -except for including the pick(s)- and yes the guy is old. But he has been considered as the best big man in the league (albeit, in the past). So how do you rank him right now between the big men? Explain.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Its hard to say because he had to play second fiddle next to Kobe. He was good enough to carry a Memphis team to the playoffs.

3. Mr. Space City

great 2nd option but not good enough to build around

4. Htown's2kFinest

He's definitely one of the top big men in the whole league. Not the best big, that goes to Howard, but he is agruably right in line after him.

5. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

Pau Gasol is one of the few true big men in the NBA. He can play inside, he can play outside, he can play defense, and he can rebound.

Age is really his only flaw. Well that and last playoffs' random b****assness.

6. Raven

Raven Member

Yep, the kind of guy you look for after you get your superstar, not before. All this trade does is make it more difficult to get the type of player they need to build around, but I don't think Les cares about that. I think Les has ordered Morey to get the Rockets back into the $$$ playoffs $$$, so he can pocket the extra cash, especially in a strike shortened season. That's my hunch, that Les wants to get fans back into the arena, and that rebuilding might be smarter, but it would also hurt ticket sales, so the goal is to start winning immediately.

7. gah

gah Member

That's not a sound argument, are you supposed to pass on every parallel opportunity until you can get a top 8 player among 450?

Au-contraire mon ami, it gets us closer with more cap-space and with the best player we've had since a healthy Yao Ming, we become more atractive and competitive.

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He was traded for kwame at one point. Maybe this is morey way of tanking the season. Don't see why else he would make this trade. Wrong side of 30 owed 60mil.

9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Let's ask the Mavs.

10. ashishduh

ashishduh Contributing Member

Hate to break it to you but even if the Hornets liked our proposed 3rd piece (whatever it was after Scola and Martin) and gave us Paul in a 2-team trade, he would have left next season.

Having Pau instead of KM and Scola very clearly does not make it harder when having those two made it impossible. Your argument is void. At least now we have a top 5 at his position player.

11. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

haha, so many homers. If you would have asked this question back when he was a laker, results would be completely different.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I say he can produce like Yao. 25/10 a night guy. All-star

13. BleedsRocketRed

...and never win a game. Dude was 0-12 in the playoffs. I mean, seriously

14. Mr. Space City

that's how this forum tends to work.

people even said jared jeffries would be a solid player for the rockets once he was announced to come to houston

15. theteam

theteam Member

Hakeem won his titles in his 30's

1 person likes this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He's like Chris Bosh caliber

No joke, he's basically Chris Bosh Maybe a bit better

17. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

I say he is atleast a top 5 center. Whatever, I still trust Morey has a trick up his sleeve to satisfy rockets fans....;)

18. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

Put it this way, Yao use to own Dwight but Pau use to give Yao all kinds of problems. I would like to say he is the BEST offensive PF in the league today but because of his mental toughness and on D, that makes him arguably second to DH.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Probably should have made the poll a little clearer. Initially, I missed that you put 'among big men' cause I just read the title of the thread.

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Rockets got the big man version of T-Mac with 3 years before retirement.