1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How embarrassed are Stephanie fans right now?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Honey Bear, May 24, 2016.

?

should clowns who cant play be allowed to vote for awards

1. yes

27.4%
  2. no

72.6%
  1. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Not a Rockets fan, an NBA and Rugby fan

All my posts detailing the GSW gimmick, Curry being an inflated numbers guy in this system etc. were made long before the playoffs.

Because I saw context.

The context in which these numbers were being put up and the hype from those who didn't get basketball.

Forgive this man father, for he know not what he say

Nor does the media, that somehow, someway, found a way to give Curry 13 1st all-NBA defense votes. . .

RED FLAG MAW****A

RED FLAG

#41 Honey Bear, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  2. shlhl

shlhl Member

premature and series not over yet

3. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

If I was a curry fan, I'd be freaking proud of my team.. Not like the frustrated rockets fan that I am who loves Olajuwon and tries to love every new superstar rocket but never can quite accomplish as much

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Steph Curry has had the greatest hot shooting streaks of any player to ever play in the NBA.

I've played basketball all my life and I've seen what he's done many times on different levels, but just never in that long of a stretch. Usually its just a stretch of a season, or even a couple of games where EVERYTHING goes in. Every crazy shot. Every 3, and you see every play happen before it happens in your mind. You are on the ultimate confidence ride, and you are truly unstoppable.

However....

In sports, and in basketball the SECOND Steph Curry loses confidence in his shot, you will see that what he's been doing isn't sustainable over a career, and that's okay... it doesn't mean he's actually a bad player. He's just had the great hot streak of any player in NBA history shooting the ball. Whatever happens from here on out, he's still going to go down as one of if not the greatest shooter the game has ever seen, and the fact that his team holds the record for greatest regular season in history means something.

Oh and the series isn't over yet, but looks that way. Much of their success in the next couple years will rely on the continued confidence of their key players, and hot shooting. They don't have to shoot the ball with the crazed hot streak zone that Curry has been playing in, but they can't afford for Steph and Klay to have a total drop in their shooting..... which as anyone will tell you thats ever played a sport before, cold streaks happen just as much as hot streaks.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He's been on a shooting streak for his entire career.;)

I guess it had to end sometime...

6. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

This thread is seriously pathetic. "I can't believe he won MVP" then someone post his numbers, "those numbers mean nothing, he can't do it in the playoffs!". LOL, just sad and pathetic.

I hate the Warriors and Steph Curry just as much as anyone but I can recognize what a great player Steph is and what a great team the last 2 years the warriors have been. I am by no means going to say he is a goat or they are the best team ever (he will go down as the GOAT shooter and they had to prove it in the playoffs to be the best team ever). They are a fun team to watch and I tune in to hopefully see them lose but damn do I wish the Rockets had a team as good or that knew how to share the ball and that could play defense.

As others have said I can see why Rockets fans get such a bad rap when I read through crap like whats posted in this thread.

7. Dark Rhino

Dark Rhino Contributing Member

Don't poke the bear. :cool:

8. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I think this thread is a bit reactionary. Curry is a shooter and offensive player unlike anything the league has ever seen. Even if GSW loses tonight, it doesn't undo everything he accomplished this season. He's already won a title, so it's not even a Steve Nash scenario where people could claim that there was a little bit of fool's gold in his statistics. Even if they don't rebound this season, I would put good money on Curry/GSW winning another title in the near future.

9. Exiled

Exiled Member

OP attempt to trash Curry has an opposite effects , somehow i dislike him less now

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The last two years are a basically an insane (NBA Jam video game) streak for an already amazing historically great shooter. He's been on fire for two years. I'm not saying that he's going to suddenly become a bad shooter.. no, but we even saw Reggie Miller come back down to earth later in his career, and have ups and downs as an other historically great shooter. The law of averages will eventually equal out.

That being said even a "cold streak" for Steph Curry will end up being a shooting percentage that most shooters will only dream of.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

i had a friend that told me steph curry should win the most improved player award. 2-3 months into the season. wtf? he was dead serious.

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Steph hasn't played well... But to anyone who has watched him regularly it's clear he's a quarter second slow at the movement. And that's fine. It's not an excuse. Slow or not he's got to play better... Or get roasted for it.

The bigger issue is Green and the Warriors bench/role players which have been seriously outplayed this series.

Westbrook is getting lots of love. But he's not amazing at the moment, imo, triple doubles or not. He controls the ball a ton (ala Harden) and still shoots inefficiently. But clearly his athleticism, strength and want-to are playing a big role.

But I'm still most impressed with OKCs bigs and role players - Roberson, Waiters, Kanter, Ibaka. And the fact that Durant can be a seriously good defender if he tries.

All of which ignores coaching. Kerr has been blitzkrieged a bit and doesn't know how to respond. Donovan has been steady hand, found something that works.

I still don't trust OKC in a close game in the 4th. But it won't be close of Green doesn't get his head out of his ass.

I'm ecstatic the Warriors are losing and Green has been exposed a bit. It's disappointing that such an opinion might group me with some of the blowhards in this thread though, including the sexist OP

13. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think you need to look at his numbers again because the last 2 seasons have been right at his career averages in terms of percentages. He just takes more shots because Kerr has given him the green light and confidence to do so vs Mark Jackson. He is the best shooter of all time. There is no doubt at this point. He just doesn't effect the game much when his shot is falling but that doesn't happen often. Unfortunately, he's been human for two of the most important games of the season.

14. Honey Bear

This comes as no surprise to people in the know.

Nothing premature about something that's been going on for 2 years, because this is the first time we've seen the Warriors face legitimate, healthy competition.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/26/s...?ref=sports&target=comments#commentsContainer

15. Honey Bear

A playa does, as a playa do

The Daddy done told you how it is

And that's what became

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=10165218&postcount=387

16. Caesar

Caesar Member

Maybe it's just me, but i see the Warriors blowing them out in game 5, going to OKC and winning a tough game 6 and then going home and blowing OKC out in game 7.

This is a 73 win team...right? 3 in a row is nothing for them.

Maybe a part of me is worried the Cavs would beat the Thunder and i think Cavs fans are the most undeserving fans in the NBA. They don't deserve to win ****. Go burn jerseys and Dan Gilbert can go write letters in Comic Sans script. Idiots. Gifted 3 #1 picks plus 2 other # 4 picks all for LeBron's planned all along return. Then pretend LeBron was going home because he had to in his heart or something when in reality he bailed on Miami because they were older and the Cavs now had better assets to build a team around LeBron. That was all extremely fishy and fake. **** the CAVS and **** LeBron's mercenary b**** ass. I'd rather root for Steph and the Warriors.

Of course i'd rather see Durant get one, but i don't think they can beat the Cavs where size is equal on both sides.

17. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

He has shot almost the exact same percentage from 3 each year of his career during the regular season. It's not just the last two years.

That said he has not shot as well in the playoffs. He's been about 4 percentage points lower in the playoffs.

18. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

The Cavs have no chance against this version of OKC.. They would be lucky to win a mercy game. The Cavs will be run right off the court.

19. JHarden713

JHarden713 Member

Westbrook is doing to Steph what Hakeem did to Robinson

Its awesome

20. TheresTheDagger

Good analogy.