1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How Does _____________ Pull a Paycheck?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, May 26, 2010.

1. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Haha...i just love the idea of rappers talking about all that crap and then selling it to people in the lowest income brackets.

BTW i'm from NYC. I just see the absurdity of it.

2. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Seriously, I know you kids worship the guy and I definitely admire things about his music but lyrically he's pretty bad. What really tipped me off to how bad he is was when I heard him rap on that track (can't remember the name) on DMX's debut album. He's gotten better since then but sometimes I still hear his songs and think he just finds a beat he loves and throws any words he can think of on it so he can call it a song.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Jay Z says

Even though they understand the flow they understand the dough

Hey Pappi

4. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

George Lopez (the one or two times I have accidentally seen him on TV while flipping channels) is the worst non-funny human being on the planet. A methodically annoying man, who takes pleasure in making absolutely r****ded jokes that have been made in a similar fashion by hundreds, if not thousands, of funnier people before him, Lopez likes to mock Mexican American culture as if he was intimately familiar with it, you know, as a mexican man himself. Of course, being a giant flaming douchebag of jersey-shore-meets-the-taco-bell-chihahua proportion, he is NOT mexican at all himself, being of mixed ancestry. His jokes are dumb - immensely dumb - like, "2 minutes of watching his schtick makes me want to shoot my TV and hurl flaming bags of dog**** at his house" dumb, and yet they're not even applicable in the method he tells them! That would be like me making jokes about japanese-american culture because my eyes are slightly more elongated than the average white man's (true, actually) and I ate sushi as a kid.

In conclusion, **** George Lopez.

#24 rhadamanthus, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  5. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I saw Lopez standup once. It was hilarious. And, to be honest, I wasn't a fan nor was I excited about going. And from what I recall, most of it wasn't 'white people do this, mexicans do this' although there was sone of that in there.

Most of it was growing up in a Hispanic household and the common traits of Hispanic families.

Never seen the tv show, though.

Daughtry/palin: agreed.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I am no kid. I grew up with Biggie and 2 Pac and Lyrically Jay and Em are the closest to them.

You can single out his hit singles and just like any great rapper they talk about simple things but if you really listen to hip hop you'd respect true skill and delivery and Jay has that. I don't worship him but I respect his ability.

7. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

Jerome Solomon

8. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Anybody on a CBS "comedy". These shows are not funny...at all.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Jay Z says

The streets robbed me wasn’t educated properly
    but **** ya'll I needed money for Atari(change)
    was so young my big sis still playin wit Barbie
    young brother big city 8 million stories
    old heads taught me youngin walk softly
    carry a big clip that'll get *****s off me
    keep money smelling mothy
    change is cool a cop but more important its lawyer fee

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There are too many for me to name but one guy that has always baffled me on how he continues to earn a paycheck or be culturally relevant is Regis Philbun.

Then there are the writers, directors and actors of the Twilight movies. I know its geared towards teenage girls but from the snippets I've seen the dialogue and acting make One Tree Hill seem like Sir Ian Mckellen doing Shakespeare.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Wow, are you two listening to the same Jay-Z? I don't think Jay is god like most do but c'mon. Worst lyricist? Not even close. As for his lyrical content, he has more substance in his songs than most. He doesn't even have many songs where he talks about champagne and bentlys. Maybe his radio songs but I'm guessing you never heard his first album, "Resonable Doubt" or any of his non radio hits.

12. Jontro

Jontro Member

Justin Beiber... I don't think he can even touch any $$ he makes without his parent's consent. He's like what, 9?

13. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

For rap I do enjoy Tupac, Ghetto Boys and old school NWA. So i don't mind the genre, i just think Jay Z is waay overrated.

Give me some Public Enemy any day. I even like Drake for more recent artists.

14. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

You know what, sabes que?!

I actually don't mind his stand up being that it's targeted to my peoples, so I can relate to his jokes...but yeah...his show really really sucks.

15. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

John Lopez

16. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Does Carlos Mencia still have a show? I didn't think it was possible but that dude blew and sucked at the same time.

Horrible.

17. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i'll agree on george lopez at least. that dude is annoying, and now he even has a late night show, which is even more ridiculous.

Daughtry...I don't get the hate. While I get that he has a similar sound that's already out there, he isn't terrible.

18. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Son, I was listening to hip hop before you were old enough to worship overpaid small forwards. Jay Z has fantastic delivery (that's why a lot of people don't realize what a poor lyricist he is) but his lyrics are poor and he doesn't tell a story in his songs anywhere near the way Tupac did.

19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Some people just don't know music. And you're right, they go based off what they hear on the radio, the commercial crap is what you guys listen to. Do yourself a favor and download the Blueprint I & II and Black Album, we'll see how many Bentley's, Crystal's, and bling blings you get from those.

I seriously don't understand what the infatuation with Lady GagGag is. Which I'm sure is what you kids are into now a days. Now that's music, am I right?

Now Lady, nobody wants to take a ride on your magic stick... blah!

[​IMG]

20. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

Some of you ladies are way too sensitive about your Hip-Hop.