1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you feel about trading for Ricky Rubio?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Sep 30, 2014.

Tags:
?

How do you feel about trading for Ricky Rubio?

1. Bring him on !!!!

34.2%
  2. No way, he sucks!!!!

65.8%
  1. finsraider

finsraider Member

Too much. We're looking to buy low, not high. That NOP pick is worth more than Rubio.

1 person likes this.
  2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Rubio isn't someone I want to be married to, yet. If you commit that NOP pick to him, then essentially you're all in on him as the 3rd star on this team. I'm not there yet.

No more than DMo, Canaan or Johnson, and a few 2nds. Maybe even take back a contract like Budinger.

3. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

You are taking a random posters guess on a trade as to why Morey is disliked among GMs? Ok......

4. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Scoring wasn't our problem last year. Defense and late game execution, he helps both tremendously.

5. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Still want Rubio and would pay DMO+Future first (lotto protected)+NOP pick+Johnson for him without blinking. I hope we can get an additional rotation player from them. Corey Brewer would be ideal.

Rubio, Bev, Ariza, Brewer and Howard is an amazing group of defensive talents to have one one team. Perfect for the next coach. Perfect group of people around Harden.

6. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Sounds legit, Twolves will not dump Rubio in a panic for a couple of reserves and a couple of second rounders. They can wait it out until the trade deadline or even restricted free agency unless they are offered a real asset.

7. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Besides Harden or Howard what player on this team would a GM be willing to trade Ricky (heart of the franchise) Rubio for?

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I don't get why people want Rubio. He is so overrated it's laughable. Guy can't shoot or finish. His D is highly overrated and his only real redeeming quality, passing, is already taken by Harden.

9. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Jeez, don't be so literal. He'd be hypothetically hated if he made such hypothetically lowball offers.

I know Rubio isn't universally loved here, but we are not getting him for a bag of Chee-tos and a box of pre-lubed Magnums.

Don't anyone let basketballholic lead you down the primrose path of hypothetical never-give-up-the-first-round-pick trades such as Jeremy Lin for Caron Butler's expiring and two first round Milwaukee picks.

10. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

morey testing out ish smith to see how rubio would work, and isnt this working out GREAT ;)

god please dont let this trade ever go through and be stuck paying him 15mill

11. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Because he will stop Harden from dribbling the air out of the ball or get McHale to draw up a play? Sorry if you have almost no offensive game to speak of kinda hurts the late game execution. Gladly have someone on this team with defense and playmaking but he has to be able to do more. At least Rondo can penetrate and finish around the rim.

I know this team needs a couple of creators with the loses of Parson and Lin but Rubio does little to move the needle. Plus added a lot of defense in losing Parsons and adding Ariza. Also biggest problem is the 4 on the defensive end.

Oh yeah and offense is a problem with the loses of Parson and Lin.

12. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

By the way getting Rubio means BEV and two of Capela, jones, and NOP pick have to be in the package. Kidding yourself if you think you get him without overpaying.

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I wish minnesota the best of luck with that sort of demand, no one in the league will pay even 40% of that.

14. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

AS long as Rubio demands more than 12mil he's not coming anywhere near this team

15. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

He looked horrible today. Got wrecked by George Hill.

16. delishman

delishman Member

Not necessarily referencing what he's worth. I imagine some tweaking can be done but that Pellie's pick is gone in any trade of significance.

17. mightybosstone

I've always been against Rondo in a Rockets uniform and the same goes for Rubio. Point guards with no perimeter jumper that don't get to the free throw line have no business on a team like this that placed so much emphasis on scoring in those two areas. Plus, he would just be a bad fit next to Harden and he's not remotely worth the amount of money he's going to expect to be paid. The guy's not even a top 15 PG. I'd rather have Beverley by a mile.

18. cml750

cml750 Member

I voted yes but only because so many want chemistry killer Rondo. Personally, I do not want either but would prefer Rubio to Rondo any day.

19. tkrieger

tkrieger Member

I like Rubio, but his three ball isn't good enough to work in the Rox offense. If he's forced to shoot layups (Moreyball), he'll get killed physically. Rubio needs screens, the Rox haven't done enough of that. (Although Ariza might change that.)

Rubio is a decent defender due to his length, but if he's screened off the ballhandler, he'll just give up and watch. (Beverley OTOH will chase the ballhandler from behind.) This is his major shortcoming.