1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you feel about the Gasol trade being officially dead?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Dec 11, 2011.

?

Are you happy or sad that this deal fell through?

1. Happy

78 vote(s)
    30.1%
  2. Sad

109 vote(s)
    42.1%
  3. Meh

72 vote(s)
    27.8%
  1. Happii

Happii Member

The plan was to trade a lot of players to NO to clear cap room while getting a bigman then offer a ridiculous contract to Nene. Therefore all those players + draft picks = 2 bigmen.

2. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I'm devastated, not because we didn't necessarly land Gasol but the ripple effect it will have on the team and organization. The plan would have been to have a very good frontcourt AND multiple moves were already in place and now it all goes away. Martin, regardless of being a professional, is mad and NBA players don't forget. Scola has been disrespected badly in this, great guy and he'll be a good solider but i'm he's not happy.

The Rockets were ready to be transformed again and now...back to being the little engine that could and an 8th seed.

3. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Well I am glad everyone is happy now because I sure am not. So exactly where are we today?

No interior rim protection. Let the opponents lay up drills continue!

Two really poor defenders still in the starting lineup when we could have dumped their asses for a quality big who can alter shots and offer some rim protection.

Adelman and his "I don't care about defense just score more points" attitude gone.

New big man coach who I believe thinks that defense is a critical part of being a contender. Where does that leave our defensive black holes - Scola and Martin?

Do we trade those defensive non-entities for picks? Rebuilding through the draft has proven to be a 3-5 year endeavor filled with fan discontent and mind numbing basement dwelling.

The 2 best bigs in the draft are Drummond and Sullinger. Both are projected to be top 5 picks. How the heck do we even get a chance at a top 5 pick? I would love to see that plan. And there is no Lebron like sure fire superstar in this draft last time I checked.

Morey gave it a great shot - we could have been relevant again.

Letting Chuck walk was appropriate. Likable, hard working and fairly effective, but realistically a lower tier center unable to protect the paint except by taking a charge.

We don't have the cap room to do anything but sign Dalembert and offer a wheelbarrow of assets for a defensive star like Iggy. Maybe the best case scenario. Definitely inferior to a Pau - Nene front line.

Basically I think that we are truly ****ed.

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Scole . . Martin . . .. Goran . . . .
    I might have could have let them make it
    but
    The Pick too . . . . .. Straw that broke Gasol's . .. er .. the camel's back

We need young talent and the draft is where you get it
    I would have thought it was still too much but i could have let it go

Rocket River

5. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Cheer up...I think you answered your own question. And yes - to properly "rebuild", we do need a top 5 pick or better. .200 ball should do it.

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

1. Just because Adelman is gone, why do you naturally assume that this team will no longer run & gun?
    2. You assume we can't land a restricted F.A.?
    Jason Fleming – 12/11/2011 3:40pm EST

The Houston Rockets are preparing a four-year, $55 million offer sheet to Memphis Grizzlies restricted free agent center Marc Gasol. Once presented, the Grizzlies would have three days to decide whether or not to match.

The Grizzlies all along have said Gasol was their top priority and they would do what it took to keep him, but is a max deal asking too much? And if it is, will they try and work out some kind of deal with the Rockets so they could salvage something?

More to come, for sure.

3. You assume that the Kings wouldn't give up Cousins for the right price?
    4. I didn't say Gasol wasn't the answer, I just said that the price was too high.
    5. Dwight would be nice...can't I dream about at least a 1% chance?
    6. Thabeet could become an All S........, :cool:

7. flippedfk

flippedfk Member

No rim protection? Thabeet might not be horrible at alot of different things but the one thing he can do is protect the rim

8. T-Slack

T-Slack Member

I'm happy that we kept that first round pick and didn't give up what I consider the crown jewel of our young players in Patrick Patterson.