1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you Feel about the Donald Trump Speech?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by T_Man, Jul 21, 2016.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Compared to who? You? Frankly I consider DD a damned fool, but even he's smart enough to not fall for the stupidity of Trumpism.

You, on the other hand...should we do an investigation, based on your past posts?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you may have ended up on a Trump University mailing list at some point...

2. TheresTheDagger

Some of those CNN analysts do like to bang the identity politics drum don't they?

3. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Liberal tolerance at display. I feel bad for your friends because they don't know they're associating with such a hate full person. You must understand this, you are on the wrong side of history. Remember that my friend.

1 person likes this.
  4. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

I am so proud of my fellow Americans. They refused to cave in to the establishment lies, the media lies and the globalists lies. If we stand together and cut the puppet string we can no longer be controlled by people that don't have the best interest of this country.

5. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

I just don't understand how people can wallow in so much hate and fear. Why?

6. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

What are you reasons for voting for Trump?

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="und" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/yMQcOrdRgs">pic.twitter.com/yMQcOrdRgs</a></p>&mdash; Farhad Manjoo (@fmanjoo) <a href="https://twitter.com/fmanjoo/status/756349849893732352">July 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

This is a poll of "speech watchers," though. My guess is that the people who chose to watch the speech, which is very long and ran very late in the Eastern time zone, is a GOP/Trump-leaning sample compared to the electorate. Some Democratic or neutral voters would watch it (maybe "hate watch" it), too, but probably a smaller portion compared to the GOP/Trump group. A greater portion would just catch the highlights on the web.

Edit:

Here's a former Obama staffer:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is actually a low rating for instapoll for a speech like this <a href="https://t.co/oQSE7xb9Dg">https://t.co/oQSE7xb9Dg</a></p>&mdash; Dan Pfeiffer (@danpfeiffer) <a href="https://twitter.com/danpfeiffer/status/756353821119361024">July 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Guess that depends what you think is in the best interest of this country. So, what do you think's in the best interest of this country?

9. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

For starters , the gulf states. One of Hillary's biggest donors.

10. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

The media is still immensely powerful in this country, and other than Fox, the battle lines have been drawn. Trump won the primary in part because of his relentless attacks on the media, but it will cost him the general. People always say they hate the media but then they will let the media shape the way they look at the work. His threat to loosen up the libel laws sealed his own death warrant. The pounding he will take from the media and the well-oiled Clinton machine for the next four months will be relentless. He might crack before it is over.

11. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

They don't have the best interest in this country and but they control our politicians.

12. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Dude. What?

So, what do you think's in the best interest of this country?

13. TheresTheDagger

A former Obama staffer portrays this negatively?

SHOCKING! ;)

Meanwhile, I agree with your statement concerning who was watching this. Mostly Republicans, undecideds, persuadable democrats, and political junkies. That being said, keep in mind one of the big things this convention HAD to do for Trump is to bring the party together and persuade the persuadable. That flash poll is probably just about as good a result as Trump could have hoped for.

1 person likes this.
  14. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

So, what do you think's in the best interest of our country?

15. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Amygdalas gonna amygdala!

16. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Forgot the part about not wanting a crooked,lying old hag in the white house

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It was a great speech but compared to similar speeches in history it might only be a good speech. I mean, you have some fantastic orators he's going up against. Kim Jong Il, Mussolini, Hitler, and many other tyrants. Question is - is it enough to help him get the power her needs to fight the good fight of doing what Erdogan has done in Turkey - if it was, then I think he can take his place amongst the top great fascist speeches in history.

For once we agree about something.

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Someone who donation from people who don't share our values.

We can agree or disagree all we want but I truly believe Trump has the best interest for this country. Look at all his policies. It's all America first policies. Some people speak ill about nationalism but to me, nationalism is patriotism and Trump is the closes candidate we've ever had to a true nationalist.

19. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Most of the time these numbers are at 75 percent. <a href="https://t.co/GhKz94bQ3u">https://t.co/GhKz94bQ3u</a></p>&mdash; Dieter Kurtenbach (@dkurtenbach) <a href="https://twitter.com/dkurtenbach/status/756353981299830789">July 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

From a Fox Sports writer.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

You give them way too much credit. They are in the business of making money. They keep giving Trump airplay and screen time, which they've been doing for about a year, because it gets viewers (both the haters and his fans) viewing, clicking, and watching.

But yeah, in the op ed world, he's not going to fair well. College educated people write and speak op eds, and that's not Trump's target demographic. Never has been, really, even in his business/self-branding life, such as it was.

In sum so far, the media's been an enormous positive for him. He's had tons of kid glove media coverage and it's a big reason he won the primaries. The other schlubs couldn't get on the screen to save their lives. Give or take the Zodiac.