1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you feel about bandwagon fans?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nice Rollin, Mar 17, 2008.

?

How do you feel about bandwagon fans?

1. They dont bother me.

66 vote(s)
    55.5%
  2. I despise them.

53 vote(s)
    44.5%
  1. Royals Ego

Royals Ego Member

very true, my feelings exactly

2. MoBalls

MoBalls Contributing Member

They dont bother me at all. But it is kind of funny. The more support the better.

3. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

I don't mind the ones that fill the seats at the Toybox. Cus when a bandwagoner bothers to go to a game, that usually means the team is doing well and the house will be rocking.

However, I do mind those annoying "fans" who suddenly becomes a follower when the team is doing good and talks as if they're the Rockets oracle. They talk loudly and annoyingly to make a point so that everybody within a mile radius knows they follow the team, but they don't care enough to go cheer at a game (if they're able). I've actually stopped hanging around some friends at school that are like this.

It's like when the 'Stros made the World Series. I feel so bad for you long time baseball fans.. cus I was one of those bandwagoners :D

4. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

I'm fine with it. The more the merrier. But I do feel a bit superior to them due to rooting for the Rox through thick and thin over the years :cool:

5. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

the kind that annoys me are the ones who act like they've liked the team since day 1 and dont know crap. there are some of friends who admit they will only start watching when their teams start winning or are in the playoffs and know the are just casual fans...i am fine with that.

what i dont like is being out here in LA and being accused of being a bandwagon fan right now whenever i am wearing my rockets gear. I probably know more about the lakers, let alone the rockets than most "fans" out here in LA.

6. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Local news stations are the biggest bandwagon fans. When I see the streak leading off the news casts, I'm like :rolleyes:

I'm waiting for the best Rockets coverage promos :rolleyes:

7. dskillz

dskillz Contributing Member

I agree with this. The people who hate the bandwagoners would be complaining that the city hasn't jumped on the Rockets train. So I am fine with the bandwagoners, but the ones that say the more ignorant things and act like they know it all do piss me off.

8. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

As long as they weren't rooting for the Spurs last year, the Heat the year before or the Spurs the year before that (so on and so forth), I don't mind. Some people just aren't into sports the way I am. I don't expect everyone to madly follow a team that I love when they haven't done squat in over a decade.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I have been wearing Rockets gear to school EVERYDAY. At least a rockets cap but once a week a jersey or general shirt. This is from september august.

No one ever wanted to talk Rockets. The day I heard about Yao people asked why i was sad I said Yao went down. Still no convo.

Since the streak went to 17-0 I have gotton 8 (EIGHT) random people I don't know asking me about it.

I however welcome all bandwagoners.

10. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

Bandwagoners on the whole are okay. But the ones that come out of the woodwork and pretend they're [insert team name here]'s BIGGEST FANS? Kill 'em all and grind 'em into paste. :mad:

11. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

This movie was boring, so anyone who is a fan of it, sucks.

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Doesn't bother me in the least.

fans that bother me:

Elitist fans tend to bother me more as I think all should be able to enjoy the Rockets in as much or as little time as they want.

People that jump from team to team. As long as the Rockets are the only team they get excited about ever, I'm okay with bandwagon fans.

And last, but definitely the most annoying to me, are college fans that will cheer for a school they didn't go to against their own school. I've known a few UT grads that cheer for OU. I've known a few UNC fans that will cheer against their school that was also an ACC school.

13. meggoleggo

meggoleggo Contributing Member

traitors! :mad:

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

It depends.

If you're a bandwagoner and you admit it, that's ok. We all start somewhere.

But I can't stand bandwagoners who try and come off as if they've been following the team all season. They're not fooling me.

15. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Whaat??? This doesn't make any bit of sense! How and why in the world would someone go against their school????? I can't ever imagine going to a UH game and root for Rice or TSU.

16. CharlieMurphy

CharlieMurphy Contributing Member

Same with me. I get annoyed when casual fans and bandwagoners act like they know half of what I know about this team.

17. what

what Member

I get annoyed more by elitist fans who believe they are the only true fans of a sports team. And by the way, most people have the good sense to not torture themselves grinding away watch pathetic basketball. If your true measure of a fan, is to blindly support a bad team, by watching every game, I'd say you need a life.

BTW, buster, don't get your hopes up about this rockets team. They had a great run, but they are playing so far above their heads right now that come playoff time, all of those so-called bandwagon fans will soon be back to their finicky ways.

18. Yaozer

Yaozer Member

Sometimes I like to yell out Hakeem's name out there when I'm at the game. Does that make me a bandwagon to others that are there?

19. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The examples I know are the following:

People from Oklahoma going to UT for a better education. Every UT student that I know grew up in Oklahoma, roots for OU.

People from Carolina that couldn't get into UNC will still cheer for them.

#39 Joe Joe, Mar 18, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Yep, that is why they annoy me.