1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do you distribute your take home pay?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DraftBoy10, Mar 2, 2014.

1. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

All I know is about 20% goes to Daycare for two kids. Rough breakdown:

20% Daycare
    20% Retirement
    20% Home/Mortgage
    10% Savings/Investments
    07% Food/Necessities
    05% Cars/Transportation
    05% Travel
    03% College Savings
    03% Utilities
    And that leaves roughly 7% for fun stuff, clothes, entertainment, home improvement, stuff for kids, etc.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

None of y'all tithe.

God gonna hit you with that child support.

justtxyank and DCkid like this.
  3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks! We're very proud parents. As for the chronic pain, I've been dealing with it for a long time, and as you can tell, it doesn't stop me from posting here. ;)

Os Trigonum likes this.
  4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

10% Vacation
    90% Savings

5. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

If only...

One day there will be a crisis regarding the number of people who don't have pensions and didn't properly fund retirement living purely on SS. I mean, there are plenty already faced with it, but it will become a national crisis. But heck, maybe they can take out a reverse mortgage to get by.

Deckard likes this.
  6. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

Take home: $2,340 (12% to retirement, health and dental insurance, and taxes out)

Rent: 650
    Food: 450
    Car: 235
    Utilities/Netflix/etc.: 120
    Car Insurance: 100
    Phone: 40

Usually end up saving around $500 unless something crazy happens.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

My significant other, a former state executive, put in 30 years and retired just before they started changing the benefits in a big way. The state government of Texas has been wildly irresponsible with the funding of pensions for many years now. It didn't use to be that way. State employees typically work for a lower salary than they could make in the private sector because of the benefits. A huge amount of "institutional memory" walked away because of the Legislature's stupidity. Those are the folks with deep experience who know how things work and insure that the knowledge gets passed on to the newer employees. It has cost the state dearly, in my humble opinion.