1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do Rockets fans feel about the Spurs winning their 3rd title?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jun 24, 2005.

Tags:
?

Clutch City, how do you feel about this?

1. I'm happy the Spurs won..This means I'm not really a Rockets fan.

34 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. I'm happy for Robert Horry proving himself clutch in other uniforms.

90 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. I'm not happy that the Spurs have more championships than the Rockets, its about Rockets pride.

133 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. I'm still angry that we lost to the Mavericks. We could have taken the Spurs/Pistons.

133 vote(s)
    27.5%
  5. I dont care, I stopped watching the NBA since the Rockets lost.

94 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I would PUKE...literally, the day the Mavs win something of significance! :eek:

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The NBA is in bad shape when everyone loves everyone like its figure skating.

I remember when:

Houston Rockets fans HATE the Lakers. Mitch Kupchak punching Hakeem. Hakeem swings back. Rudy T getting punched. Rowdy Rockets fans yelling "BEAT LA LA!" Houston Rockets fans hated the Celtics. Ralph Sampson getting tossed. Houston Rockets fans hated the Spurs. When the Spurs got a tip in after the clock expired. Gene Peterson yelling obscenities on the radio. Thats HOUSTON ROCKETS BASKETBALL! Vernon Maxwell would drop a game winning 3pter and talk SMACK to the Spurs. Hakeem would say 'Dats mu trophy Mar-io!' referring to David Robinson. Rockets fans wearing their red jerseys in the Crap Alamodome! Rockets fans hate Karl Malone and John Stockton and JEFF HORNACEK!! Rockets fans hated the Sonics. Gary Payton, Sam Perkins, George Karl. All those illegal defenses. What have we become? What the hell has the NBA become? Where's the Bulls vs Detroit? Fouling Michael Jordan hard. Knicks and Pacers, Reggie Miller taunting NYC. Barkley talking crap to the Rockets taunting us. Then when Barkley was on our team, throwing punches at Shaq. Rockets fans yelling obscenities at the Sports Illustrated dude at the Astrodome for delaying the championship edition.

Look at the footage of fans back in the day, and look at these Enron, Mercedes driving fair weather fans. Even worse, the peace loving, I love the Spurs, I love all NBA Teams, I respect them, Oh Oh Oh, Luv not war!

THIS ISNT THE SAN FRANCISCO ROCKETS! ITS HOUSTON BEATCHES!

3. tinman

Supporting Member

I respect Detriot Piston fans and Sacremento Kings fans.
    No way if we did a poll for these fans that even ONE VOTE says they were happy that their rival won. Not even one freaking vote.

Sacremento fans dont like the Lakers, they live in California. Duke fans don't root for North Carolina! is this Houston Rockets fans or PETA or we the FRENCH?

What the hell happened to this town? just because we have some nice clubs now downtown and some rail train that morons keep hitting? we got the superbowl? now we just kiss everyone's butt?

4. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

I must have missed this. Was this when we made our finals run?

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Houston (117) @ San Antonio (119) 04/25/93

I know I'm not the only person who remembers this BS game where Robinson gets a layup after time CLEARLY expired.

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets would've made a Finals run had it not been for that game. That game(along with a loss to the 11-71 Mavs) cost them home court against the Sonics in 1993, which if you'll recall was a series in which the home team won every game. If the Rockets have home court and presumably knock off the Sonics, the only team standing between them and the Bulls in the Finals is the Phoenix Suns.

But hey, Rockets fans are used to getting screwed by the refs. Michael Finley, anyone?

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Rockets2K, you know you could walk around wearing a Tim Duncan jersey and a "I Heart Kobe" tattoo showing and I'd still respect you. Where would we Rockets fans who work late hours and can't watch games live be without you? But as far as the rest of you Spurs lovers are concerned, my previous post still applies. :)

8. rvpals

rvpals Member

I can't stand another Texas team winning a title besides my own Rockets.

I lost respect for Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, Ginobilii after watching this series. They don't deserve to win this title. I don't even want to talk how Bowen is much like a John Stockton. Duncan is looking like Malone using his elbows and hit the defender's face with the ball and get block and whine like a baby.

9. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

tinman, you seem to be forgetting an important distinction. That is the difference between "hating" an opponent that your team is actually playing, and "hating" every team after your team is out of the playoffs for no apparent reason, when your team is already gone. I'm a basketball fan, an NBA fan, I was those before I was a Rockets fan. It does not make me or anyone else less of a Rockets fans to pick a side in playoff series that don't involve the Rockets. Sorry that I don't share your irrational grudges, and I don't deny your right to hold them, but stop making posts insulting other people for not sharing your psychosis.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

This is like asking Hakeem to stop being the Dream, asking Turbo not to jump off the trampoline. I'm never going to stop the Rockets smack, until the balance of the Rocket universe is right!
    [​IMG]

11. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Well said. I rooted like crazy for the Rockets and will continue against all comers. However, once we were eliminated, I rooted for my next favorite Texas NBA team.

12. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

San Antonio is a cool city filled with a lot of cool people. They are not pretencious at all from my experience. Now that their Spurs have won another championship, I celebrate with my Texas brothers and sisters!!!!

Dallas, that's a different story. Those guys are just too full of themselves after the Cowboy championships :rolleyes:

13. RebelRocket

RebelRocket Contributing Member

Better the Spurs than the Maverisks :D

14. madmax4ever

madmax4ever Member

I hate the spurs and I always will. Showing the "admiral" during their f'n celebration...come on. You're done, stay home. I don't know how as a die hard rocket fan that you can root for the Spurs... The whole "they're from texas"...please. Who rooted for the mavericks after they blew us out in game 7 because they were from Texas? Love the spurs all you want just not here. Go swim in the riverwalk and leave the diehard rocket fans be.

Rockets '06 baby!

15. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

all of the above excluding the first choice

16. tinman

Supporting Member

"Go swim in the riverwalk"

thats the quote of the year!

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

If I did that, I would be begging for you to kill me.

Seriously...

tinamn...once your tirades were cute...they arent any longer.

18. Zacatecas

Zacatecas Member

It bogs my mind how some here are such Spurs haters!

We're talking about San Antonio. The place everyone has conventions, I know because everytime I try to book a hotel there, I can't because there is some convention going on there. We're talking about a town nobody in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc. care fore. If you guys thought that Houston had it bad about not getting any respect, what about San Antonio?

San Antonio, is a town that doesn't really boast about their championships. They don't typically rub it in your face. I remember how much they rooted for the Rockets when the Rockets were winning. Sure, they'd want to beat each other in a face to face challenge. We're talking about a team that plays the game hard. The same style of play that we all claimed to like when the Rockets were winning their championships.

It is really pu$$y $hit for there to be such blatant jealosy of the neighbors down I-10. Look we are going to winning championships in bunches when McGrady and Yao get the correct role players. Let's all celebrate together as long as we aren't playing each other.

Tim Duncan looks to be as humble a person as there is in the NBA. And now because they have a 3rd championship, it threatens the security of Die Hard Rocket FAns!!! I'm as die hard a rocket fan as there is!! And I like good Basketball. The Spurs are going to be a good training ground in helping Yao and McGrady get over the top.

How would you have rather won the title the Lakers or the Spurs? The Lakers would still be reminding you that they are that much better than you because they have the most championships in the Modern Era. And the Celtics would just point to the banner in their arena. And then the Bulls fans would just say it would have been 8 if Jordan hadn't retired; completly disregarding the Rockets own accomplishment.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Im just keeping it real for the Rockets fans who want to express their emotions. apparently many have on my threads.

This is truly is the PLANET of the APES. Rockets fans bashing on Rockets fans because they don't like the Spurs?

Ape must not kill Ape!
    [​IMG]

20. vibe

vibe Member

I am a Rox fan as much as anyone here but I like the Spurs and happy the won. Now if the Mavs would have won, i'd be pissed. I hate Dallas.