1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do Rockets fans feel about the Spurs winning their 3rd title?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jun 24, 2005.

Tags:
?

Clutch City, how do you feel about this?

1. I'm happy the Spurs won..This means I'm not really a Rockets fan.

34 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. I'm happy for Robert Horry proving himself clutch in other uniforms.

90 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. I'm not happy that the Spurs have more championships than the Rockets, its about Rockets pride.

133 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. I'm still angry that we lost to the Mavericks. We could have taken the Spurs/Pistons.

133 vote(s)
    27.5%
  5. I dont care, I stopped watching the NBA since the Rockets lost.

94 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i guess hakeem isn't a real rocket then since he was pulling for the spurs since they are from texas. and the spurs are not the cowboys either...the spurs are not from dallas. anything from dallas is bad.

sorry but i actually grew to like the spurs as the playoffs went on. ginobili and duncan are great and its fun rooting for horry. i don't like the pistons and i liked the suns even less so it's not like i'm gonna root against the spurs since i respect them.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I've said it a hundred times, and I'll say it once more. A true diehard Rockets fan(i.e. the kind who watched religiously even during the Steve Francis lottery years) would never root for the Spurs. I don't wanna hear about Texas pride or how they're a classy organization. They're our arch rivals. They're the enemy. And they now have 2 1/2 rings to our 2.

If you're just a bandwagon fan(and Lord knows this town has plenty of them), fine. Root for the Spurs. And then go back to rooting for the Rockets should they ascend to contender status in the next few years. Just know that I have about as little respect for you as I do those pain in the ass Spurs fans who actually live in San Antonio(and yes, I have met plenty of them).

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I hate the Spers* with every ounce of my being and I literally would not shed a tear if those b****es (along with their r****ded fans) went to hell!!!!!

4. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

My My My! I wonder just how many of those folks expressing such hatred and vitriol for the Spurs would have literally upchucked their dinner if that had been Kobe Bryant and the Lakers hoisting up the Larry O'Brien trophy last night. Rather than direct my anger at the Spurs for doing things the right way, I prefer to save my anger for the Rockets organization for doing things the wrong way for so long that they now find themselves looking up at the Spurs. Ten years ago, it was the Spurs looking up at the Rockets but today the worm has most definitely turned...

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dream was there because of Robert Horry.
    He came to visit his friend. I, like Hakeem, respect the legendary 94 team, like Mario and Sam and Otis etc..
    He wasnt rooting for the Spurs directly. I dont think he cares about Tony Parker.

That's what's so great about that 94 team. They still are team when they are not. I hope Dream visits Vernon and bails him out of jail now.

Hakeem isn't a Rocket fan, he's a Rocket. So that's not legal argument under this court of law.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

wow! your post deserves a Pulitzer Prize.

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Whatever. You can plainly see there are diehard Rockets fans here -- who are watching all the games and talking about the Rox every day, and have been for years and years -- who are happy the Spurs won. Being a Rockets fan is actually defined by being a fan of the Rockets, not by being a Spurs-hater.

Everyone needs to get off their petty jealousies. When the Rockets were eliminated, some other team was going to get the championship. I'm glad it came to Texas.

8. declan32001

declan32001 Member

from Deuce Rings:
    I do agree. There's implied sarcasm coming here but I just can't get rid of it. The difference between our tanking in '82 and '83 and S.A.'s is the Spurs had the best record in the NBA in '95. We sucked so bad in our tanking years that it's amazing to me that the league decided to create the lottery.

That Spurs team could have competed with anyone once they got healthy, and they chose not to. I did think that was ridiculous.

Going back to topic I suddenly realize I don't really hate any teams now. That's sad in a way.

I think S.A.'s a great team and worthy of the championship. I can't say I was sorry to see Duncan shoot like 40% over the last 3 games of the NBA Finals though. :D

9. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

actually i hate the spurs with a passion. rooted for the fakers to beat them and the pistons to beat the lakers last year. this year i wanted to the pistons to beat the spurs. i hate the spurs and always will. they are the team i want the rockets to kill and smash like a bug this upcoming season.

10. Jeffster

Jeffster Contributing Member

*applause*

It's not my fault that tinman and rockets03 forget to take their medication.

11. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Never liked the Spurs. It may be petty jealousy, but I wanted the Pistons to win it.

12. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

Im a diehard rocket fan but my second team is the Spurs.

This is a BBS for the rockets fans, not for the spurs-heaters.

13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Correction The Spurs only have 2 real championships. And a big fat * next to another which i dont count.

14. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

the spurs are still a boring team. i dont understand how fans put up with them for 41 games a year. maybe its their jerseys, the spurs are so black and white/silverish. they need more color.

15. Davidoff

Davidoff Contributing Member

I'm not happy that the Spurs have more championships than the Rockets, its about Rockets pride

I dont care WHO it is.. If it doesnt say ROCKETS or HOUSTON on the front of the UNI, I HATE THEM!!!

16. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Oh yes, I think this BBS has room for Spers H-A-T-E-R-S. I don't understand why the Sper fans don't just go to their BBS so they can bask in their own boredom. I don't understand why these Spers lovers are taking offense to our divine unalienable right to spew Haterade on a team that is natural enemies to our one and only team that we should give praise to in here. If one of us photoshops an image of a vagina on each Sper's head, the last thing we need to hear is how that team is so classy and they don't deserve such horrible treatment, that they deserve respect no matter if you like them or not.

17. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Who the hell said I was rooting for them?

THe question was how do you feel about them winning it...

and I dare any of you to question my faithfulness to the Rockets just for being glad that a Texas team won..

The second any of you do as much as I do to help out our fellow Rockets fans...you can call into question my love for this team.
    Not only do I spend tons of my time making sure the least of our fans can see our team play...I have been cheering for the Rockets thru thick and thin..thru championship years...and thru years that were so pathetic it would make some of you younguns heads spin...think early and mid 70s...years that you KNEW the team was crap...but you cheered for them anyway..

so get off your high horse and drop the SPurs l;over crap...being glad for a team that wins after your team is out of the running does not equal loving the other team. If I actually gave a crap about them, I probably would have watched more than 3 games after the Rockets got knocked out..

but I didnt

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

2K, don't let posts like that get to you. most of us know your dedicated love for the Rockets.

I for one am kind of mixed in my feelings for the spurs. I'm happy a Tx team won, but damn..now they have the most Championships in Tx... :(

I never watched a full game of the finals this year. The most I watched post Rockets in this playoffs was the mavs series with the suns, I wanted to see them get knocked out....I HATE THE MAVS.

19. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

Duncan is peaked, Park does not have devloped anything, I think Spur is peaked, no more title for near future. It's Rocket's time, Man

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I hate the MAVs too. If the Mavs win a championship, the Rockets would be the Texas version of the Clippers. I vow to never see such a day.