1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How do Rockets fans feel about the Spurs winning their 3rd title?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Jun 24, 2005.

Tags:
?

Clutch City, how do you feel about this?

1. I'm happy the Spurs won..This means I'm not really a Rockets fan.

34 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. I'm happy for Robert Horry proving himself clutch in other uniforms.

90 vote(s)
    18.6%
  3. I'm not happy that the Spurs have more championships than the Rockets, its about Rockets pride.

133 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. I'm still angry that we lost to the Mavericks. We could have taken the Spurs/Pistons.

133 vote(s)
    27.5%
  5. I dont care, I stopped watching the NBA since the Rockets lost.

94 vote(s)
    19.4%
  1. slickvik69

slickvik69 Contributing Member

Due to the fact I was born and raised in San Antonio before later moving to Houston, I'm quite excited the Spurs won.

There's really no reason to dislike the Spurs, they are a classy bunch of fellows.

Also, if one watches a game in which he has really zero rooting interest, it makes it less interesting. Just pick a side and root for them, then you have some intrigue in watching the game.

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

exactly....except the Rockets always come first to me...but if they arent in it...then I go with the Texas team over any outside of Texas(except for the Dallas teams

and

I dont know any Spurs fans.

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

It's not the Spurs having more championships than the Rockets as much as San Antonio having more major championships than Houston and they only have one major sports franchise. Now Dallas and Houston have more championships than Houston.

4. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

What?! Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!

And its not over now...the Rockets are just beginning the Ming Mac Dynasty.....and when the going gets tough.........the tough get going!!!
    Who's with me?....C'mon......LETS GO!!!!

GO ROCKETS!!!!

5. Dnjndmrc5

Dnjndmrc5 Member

I got a question. Why do all the hot girls love the spurs? Everywhere I go i see this hot chick wearing a spurs jersye and they all acutually look sexy in it.

6. tierre_brown

tierre_brown Contributing Member

Because Manu and Tony draw the women in, apparently.

That's what I said in the other, non-poll thread tinman made about this topic. Once the NBA folds and we're still behind the Spurs, yes I will be pissed. But Yao/TMac have a very promising future. Why get all flustered now? Just patiently wait for our chance to strike back...and then revenge will be even sweeter.

7. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw someone downtown wearing a 'Ginobli's girls' tshirt'.

Where's the Yao's babes?

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Well at least it isn't the Lakers.

Looks like I have to start reminding Spurs fans they have 2 1/2 championships.

9. tinman

Supporting Member

This is what I expect next year . No more championships for the Spurs.
    Only:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

11. sydmill

sydmill Member

what really burns is that Duncan will always have morerings than Dream. We can always win another title, but Duncan will always have more rings than the Dream. ba$tard$

12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

So will lots of players. Steve Kerr has more rings than Dream too, doesn't he? It doesn't make him the better player.

13. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I HATE THE SPURS!!

14. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I stopped watching once the Rockets were out, but at least a Texas team won.

Rockets 1st, Texas 2nd, America 3rd.

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Rockets 1st, Cassell, Robert Horry tied for 2nd, Houstonians (Rashard, TJ Ford, Oakafur) 3rd

16. yaozilla1

yaozilla1 Member

Guys come on theres no reason to hate the spurs hakeem spanked them so bad if anything they should still hate us. With yao and tmac we have plenty of years to beat their asses. Duncan might have 1 more rings but no one honestly thinks hes better than hakeem. Personally I think 1 on 1 he couldnt even take the prime robinson that got destroyed by the dream.

17. spookyd

spookyd Member

I grew up in Houston but now live in Kerrville, about 60 miles west of San Antonio. We were encouraged to wear our Spurs attire and cheer the team on to victory to the office yesterday. I opted for my Rockets championship attire instead. ( a stylish black T-Shirt and cap combo from 94-95) I just can't root for anyone but my hometown team. :D

18. tinman

Supporting Member

we need more fans like you here spookyd!

19. cptcrunch

cptcrunch Member

I'm not afraid to say I rooted for the Spurs. I'm not the only person that likes more than one team. I have a lot of respect for both teams that played in the championship. They play as a team and play hard. My 4 favorite teams are: 1. Houston 2. San Antonio 3. Detroit 4. Whoever plays the Lakers. Call me a non Houston fan if you like, but I think if I still rooted for Houston during the Francis years than I am a true Houston fan. I know I'm not suppose to like SA because David got the MVP over Hakeem but it is not his fault they gave him the MVP instead of Hakeem. David is a great man and we need more people of his character in the NBA.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Still rooted?
    you mean didnt fair weather out since we didnt make the playoffs?
    I'll just call you a non-fair-weather fan.

Stevie is awesome, he played his heart out and so did Cuttino. Even if these guys joined the Lakers, I would still like them.

Stevie still went to China after being traded. I forgive him for hanging with Jay-Z at the SuperBowl.