1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

how can people like steven curry

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by icecreamman, Apr 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

how is this dude an "mvp". almost all his shots are of illegal screens. he has no skills besides chucking up 3's. no handles, no defense. people talk about how bad hardens defense is curry is 10x worse. his mannerisms are horrible. he's the biggest closet dbag i've ever seen. how could anyone like him?

2. sw847

sw847 Member

lol, i am assuming you are either being sarcastic or trolling...

the guy have great handles, arguably top 3 in the league. his court vision and passing is incredible, and although not all nba defense but his effort is there. Cone on man, he just led his team to the best record in league history...

No skills besides chucking up 3s? lol....he is THE best 3 point shooter the league have ever seen, that alone will qualify him for a HOF ballot.

3. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

You tell me i'm trolling? did you not see what you just typed? Steven curry is a joke. Softest player in the league. Nearly all his 3's are off illegal screens. Yes this dude has no handles. They're exaggerated. He barely even runs the offense. Dude is constantly running around in circles coming off of illegal picks in order to chuck up 3's. Dude had 174 more 3pt attempts then 2pt fg attempts. So yes all this dude does is chuck up 3's. He is not a hall of famer. If you did not watch the last 10 games played by the warriors the refs did everything they could do to get the warriors back in the game. Their "records" are given asterisks. They do not count. He didn't lead no body. you can't be srs. dude is not even leading in assists on his own team. Dude is a horrible player and the worst thing to happen to the nba and ruined the integrity of the league.
    Don't ever tell me i'm trolling and then reply with what you said without looking at the facts

4. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nc5v8r0rNk0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

5. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I'm with OP. NBA / ESPN just needed a story line. Perfect timing.

Harden doesn't cross over that well from marketing perspective.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They do not however they like Stephen Curry.

7. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

He's very good but he's not in any GOAT category like some say he is. I need to see more than 2 years of great basketball. He was a choke artist before last year. The difference is, he pretty good players around him. He's the 2016 MVP, he wasn't the MVP last year with his suspect 23ppg. Westbrook was better, still is.

9. sw847

sw847 Member

lol first of all don't get angry...just a game man...

why is chucking up 3s a bad thing for curry? his percentages are so damn high that 3s are just far more efficient.

Personally you can hate on bogut (who i really dislike) or green all you want for the illegal screens, how is that a reason to hate on curry? look at our guys...they can't even make a wide open 3. we are currently witnessing shooting greatness...Curry is more than capable creating his own shot or setting up others. I just don't see the reason behind hating him.

Is he a media darling? YES, but from what I have heard, it just does not seem like there are many negative news about him. the refs definitely helped him...just like the refs have helped numerous teams in the past, including Hakeem and jordan to reach their greatness...but that does not take away anything from what they have accomplished.

also ALL great shooters run around in circles opening themselves up for a shot...look at ray allen, miller etc.

Anyway...don't want to argue anymore, guess you have to right to hate on him all you like and I have the right to admire his game all I like....

end of the day all we can is enjoy watching the game as much as we can...it is just entertainment...!

10. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Lol you can tell the OP has a low IQ when he said curry has no handles. LOL. Half his highlights are layups r****d.

11. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Its crazy. lol I got negative repped for that exact word but I see it here so often. :rolleyes:

12. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

This is almost as good as when that one dude said that everyone thinks Curry is good because he's a light-skin whereas Harden is a dark-skin or some ****.

To contribute to this thread: And Curry's not even that good a shooter. Like, he's all right but not like people have made him out to be. I know some rec league guys who can shoot like he can, just need to give them illegal screens too.

13. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I am sorry but a player shooting 50% fg 45 % 3pt and 90% ft is pretty impressive.

I don't like how Harden's defense gets called out all the time but people act like Curry is ****ing Derek Harper on defense.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What is steven curry?

I know red curry, green curry, yellow curry. I know chicken curry, beef curry, seafood curry. Never heard of steven curry. Maybe I'll like it too.

15. dream_team

dream_team Member

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area, and I get sick & tired of all the Curry love I have to hear just about every day. I even have to hear it from the females that gloat about him being such a nice & handsome guy. I'd be one happy guy if I never heard his name again.

With that being said, I have to admit he's the greatest shooter I've ever seen. I thought Harden should have won MVP last season, but Curry is a no-doubter for MVP this season.

16. CallMeTheDream

Bro why are you defending curry? I can't stand so called "rockets" fans like you. You're a product of this soft ass era defending another teams star on your teams forum.

17. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

What would the OP do when Curry repeat the performance next year?

18. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

Lol. He's chucking up those 3s at a higher percentage than Harden is shooting overall.

19. CallMeTheDream

Bro why are you defending curry? I can't stand so called "rockets" fans like you. You're a product of this soft ass era defending another teams star on your teams forum.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

lmao, to echo the words of Morey, the hate is strong with this one.