1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How bright is the Jazz future?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by TheRealist137, Mar 14, 2015.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

they already have one of the best front courts in the league.

their guards and bench suck. trey burk hasn't improved and exum is still 2-3 years away.

fast foreward 3 years and they have a playoff team. depending on how good exum and gobert become, maybe a contender.

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well, of course, but could they do it without Gobert? I sure wouldn't mind having the guy in a Rockets uniform. Fat chance! I'm not getting all worked up about the rest of the team, although they have some very nice young players cloaked with the "P" word, but Gobert really impressed me.

3. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

How many all-stars did the Hawks have last year?

How many all-stars from last year did the Hawks add to their roster this year?

You initially implied a team needs a superstar to be in contention. Now you're implying that team can just be stacked with "all-stars" and be in contention.

However, you don't become an all-star and then start winning games. You win games first and then get put into the all-star game by coach's votes. If the Jazz continue their chemistry that they've got going on this year post-all star break then they will indeed have multiple players that make the all-star team.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Black Kirby is good but not great... a future playoff contender

need a very good coach, system and another allstar to move further up

I like where Gobert is heading

5. what

what Member

Most young teams have a bright future. The problem isn't the talent. The problem is if the front office is willing to develop it.

The Key to this is going to be Trey Burke and implementing Gordan Hayward properly. Hayward, to me, can be a great player on a great team. He did it in college and he can do it in the pros.

Right now, because they are a young team, they don't have a GREAT pg who knows the system and more importantly, knows the personal. If they give trey burke 3 years will favors, gobert and heyward, and the coach plays to the team's strength, then I think they will be a contender.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Hayward will never be a "great player".

Sorry to burst your bubble.

His skill-set is nice, but he is slow footed and can't get by anybody.

Reminds me CP!

7. PhiSlammaJamma

If their is going to be a purge this year...nope.

8. what

what Member

He's shooting 45% from 2s, which tells me that he is going something right. And I also LOVE his intangibles, making the RIGHT play, steals and blocks.

Probably you and I look at great in different ways.

Namely: what does slow footed have to do with anything?

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Ability to break a man down off the dribble.

He is a jump shooter much like Klay Thompson.

His intangibles are great. I think he is an amazing third, maybe even second option on a GREAT TEAM.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hayward is fine. He'll never the top guy on a contender, though. Not a chance. I could see him as a 2nd or 3rd guy if he keeps getting better, though.

11. what

what Member

So what you are saying is he'll never be a iso-superstar? That's fine by me. I hate Kryie Irving too. And I am not all that fond of Westbrook either.

I also don't look at teams in terms of Star #1, Star #2, etc, so your concept of third, second is over my head and lost on me. I look at teams in terms of flexibility to adapt to styles on the fly, defensive potential and IQ.

12. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's 12th in the league in FTA per game, he's far from just a jump shooter. Also gives up a ton of possible more FTs and points by driving and dishing it to the open man.

Do you even watch him? The jump shooter comment makes me think "No".

13. ln3012

ln3012 Member

to be fair, the Jazz are 12-3 in their last 15. if they played like this all year they would likely have a couple guys in the ASG too. if you throw the Hawks all-stars on other teams i don't know how many of them actually make the all-star game. i wouldn't consider horford, korver, milsap, and teague true stars individually, which is why what the Hawks have done this year as a team is so impressive

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

Hayward is way better than Parsons.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The Jazz were my likely to surprise team this year, thought they'd finish 11th but closer to 10th than they are, but it took them too long to move Goober into the starting lineup

16. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Hayward has much better handles than Thompson (who dribbles it too high to break down defenses), he's not a pg though, more a secondary ball handler type.

17. dmoneybangbang

I'd currently rank the future western playoff teams as NOLA, TWolves, and then Jazz.

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

I hope they get decent again soon so I can hate them properly.

1 person likes this.
  19. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

And how do you know Gobert, Favors and Hayward won't be all stars?

20. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

They need someone to run their PG spot. Luckily for them the number of quality PGs around the league are abundant, they just need to trade for one since its pretty much impossible for them to sign in FA.

I know it seems unlikely now, but at some point Atlanta is going to have to decide between Teague or Schroeder. Its the Eric Bledsoe Clippers situation all over again, Schroeder is too good to be backing up Teague forever, and he's cheaper (three more years on rookie deal) so long term they'd be smart to turn the keys over and deal Teague. Utah probably could trade for Teague.