1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How bad is the Toyota Center crowd?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, May 5, 2017.

1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

At that price we should be seeing some power dancer booby

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

The Warriors crowd has always been very loud and they had a great atmosphere way before they became the contender that they are right now. Their crowd didn't just start showing up 3 years ago...

The Rockets crowd isn't incredibly hype or loud like a few other places, it is what it is. Y'all keep acting like we have the worst crowd in the playoffs tho when we don't. The Wizards, Bulls, Clippers, Hawks, and Pacers are worse. The Cavaliers crowd has been nothing special.

3. BackdoorHarden

Clippers are just as bad as the Rockets. They were still selling court side seat next to Balmer for $250 for Game 7 against Jazz 2 hours before tip off. Sad. They will always play 2nd to Lakers.

The Warriors crowd now are not the same loud crowd from 10 years ago when they made the playoff once in 20 years.
    Corporate crowds now paying $2,000 for courtside seats in Oakland still somehow generate noise desperate the fact they know nothing about basketball. Probably all the booze

Solution: Free beer at T Center for court side seat. Get them drunk and loud and fight those corrupt officals screwing the Rockets and not calling Kawhaii for fouls and travel

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I figure your warrior fan boy ass would say this. That arena is a dump. Let's see what happens when they move into the new arena. They're gonna lose their atmosphere. It's not gonna be that "same type of crowd."

5. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oracle is a dump, they should tear down that whole area and build some housing or a park.
    Raiders are gone and I bet the As want to leave too.

jevjnd likes this.
  6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't think they have club level type seating at Oakland–Alameda Arena. What the hell are they gonna do? Watch the game? Cheer for their team? I bet it's gonna look like What Toyota Center will look like.

jevjnd likes this.
  7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

What I also hate about our crowd is the "to be seen at crowd." That is the worse type of people. Hate it for the Texans and Astros too.

8. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Was watching a nice replay of Harden's dunk over Gasol, and from the angle, you can see tons of fans in the lower bowl not even reacting, at all. I mean, I couldn't see anyone reacting. One lady clapped her hands, I think, but maybe she was just in churro joy.

They are like a bunch of fly larvae waiting for a pile of poop to eat or something.

No offense intended. Those are my people, I know.

Richie_Rich, jevjnd and heypartner like this.
  9. Caesar

Caesar Member

My theory is location, location, location. Houstonians just do not like driving to downtown. Put the Toyota Center where Reliant is and our crowd would be crazy IMO.

jevjnd and snowconeman22 like this.
  10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well, it's a billion dollar stadium. I imagine it's not for the middle class fan.

jevjnd likes this.
  11. Mr. Space City

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Astros seem to be getting pretty good crowds

B-Bob likes this.
  13. DrSteven

DrSteven Member

I think it is one of the worst ever. People are late for games and leave early when we are down 10 with 2 minutes to go

Caesar likes this.
  14. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

So bad that the queens broadcaster said boy its so depressing here, one would thought the rockets are 13-43 this season.
    I hope they are bad traffic out there in houston.
    Its so disappointing.
    Word by word.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Oh, another Toyota Center is empty thread?

They're as popular & frequent as Ryan Anderson sucks threads & formerly D-Mo threads. ;)

Little Bit and RasaqBoi like this.
  16. WeAllHateDallas

13-43? Cocaine is one hell of a drug.

Sidarma likes this.
  17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

It's Valentine's Day. Houston is the city of looove.

And it's 50% off lap dance night at the strip clubs.

Sidarma, Little Bit and RasaqBoi like this.
  18. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

houston is a **** basketball city... end of story. it wasn't always that way, the summit used to get raucous as all get out but it also had that old school basketball arena vibe and was in a more "accessible" area. honestly, toyota center itself is just so sterile... it feels like you're watching a game in a hospital or administration building.

regardless, this team is on it's way to 44-13 and the crowd tonight looks like we're in the lottery.

ryan_98 and J.R. like this.
  19. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

It's not bad traffic. It's not bad ticket prices. It's not whoever they're playing.

This city does not give a **** about the Rockets.

20. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

This makes me so so very sad