1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How are you all coping???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox_fan_here, Feb 26, 2008.

1. madmonkey37

madmonkey37 Contributing Member

With Yao's injury, suprisingly well.

With all the moronic reactionary threads, not so well.

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Man, even my roomate who is a diehard mav's fan felt bad. :( This day is going down as the worst one of the new year for me.

Let's hope the new look Rockets and TMAC can carry this team.

GO ROCKETS!

3. Arnibicus

Arnibicus Member

i was in a relatively happy mood, then heard this on the radio...i'm probably going to go through the 5 stages of grief...stage at the moment:depressed

4. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Ha-ha... nice EDIT. :) Your statements shall be saved for POSTERITY, Mr. "Fans like me". :) You said Yao is a bust and you want to trade TMAC. Fair enough.

See my sig. :p

5. scola4president

Im getting over the initial shock and depressed stage, I was watching a story on outside the lines and my eyes waterd up. We must fight now, this will be a the biggest test this team has faced. The rest of this season will be huge and Tracys legacy is on the line. Go ROCKETS!!

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

And that translates into name calling. You are not even calling it like it is. Whatever...we're done here. Yes, I don't think Tmac and Yao can make a successful run in a season without one of them coming up injured. That translates into name calling.

I didn't edit any name-calling out. You were just flat out wrong about that...or a liar. As far as "giving up", that was a haste reaction which I admit. But, I never give up on the Rockets. You want to continue to be a d*ck about it. Be my guest.

7. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Nothin like drivin home from a lousy day at work, puttin on the sportin news radio hopin to hear news of brent barry becoming a rocket and more talk of the win streak to brighten me up and greeted with this. :( It could be worse though, we could all be knick fans.

8. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

Not good at all. Yao being out for the season is a nightmare.

9. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

Cmon I know we are all upset but lets not fight amongst ourselves. Lets go dis some Mavs fans or something.

10. dreammvp

dreammvp Contributing Member

crying...lots of crying....

11. Precision340

Precision340 Member

i'm going to go home and have a few drinks (pregame routine) and root for our guys tonight.. as cliche as it sounds we just need to take it one game at a time.. go Rox!!
    damn.. not even 3:30 yet...

12. jogo

jogo Member

I feel like s$%t. This blows our hope for a championship and our best players waste one more year aging.

However, I have hope we might be able to make the playoffs, though I've heard the schedule is tough. This is a good team, with talent at all positions, and we can win without Yao.

Can we win a playoff series if we make it there? I don't know. It probably depends most on who we play.

13. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

Sitting at my desk at work , staring blankly at the computor, really wishing for a drink of anything atleast 100 proof.
    Really trying not to shed a tear.
    I have never taken a illegal drug a day in my life, now i am seriously considering.

14. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

crown and coke...

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

How am I coping? Let's see....

- I have a house up for sale and am trying to find somewhere else to live.

- My work is crazy right now getting a plant set up while we're going into the meat of our busy season.

- I have a 2 year old boy.

Don't get me wrong. I feel bad for Yao and I want my Rockets to live. Maybe I'm in the minority here, but my priorities are a bit bigger than letting something like a loss of a game or a player ruin my day.

Besides, I've always been a fan of Houston teams much more than any individual player.

16. Layupdrill

Layupdrill Member

me too... I can't concentrate and I'm just crushed... this *****ing sucks. :(

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

18. Dei

Dei Member

GREAT!!!

The Rockets are on a 12 game winning streak, on a relatively easy schedule, and the Bobby Jackson trade looked to be in our favor. I wouldn't say that somebody getting injured is a good thing, but Yao's injury couldn't come at a better time. The tide is on our side, gentlemen, and we just have to ride it and believe the team has what it takes to get there.

19. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Shut off my cellphone: 15 sympathetic (but obnoxious nonetheless) messages from friends.

Drinking and smoking drugs as I type.

And I have a 25-page research project due tomorrow... wonder if my prof. will accept Yao's injury as an excuse for extension.

20. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I think I'm going to go somewhere to watch the Rockets game tonight. Perhaps Champps or Buffalo Wild Wings. I will drink heavily and cheer the hell out of my team.

Anyone else planning on doing the same?