1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How are you all coping???

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox_fan_here, Feb 26, 2008.

1. walker

walker Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thank god we didn't trade away all our young talent though! The future looks bright, but it still hurts.

2. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

I am still at work and this morning when I came to work, first thing I did was to open my laptop and then, Cltchfans.BBS. The very first thing came into my eyes is 'Sticky: Yao Ming out (UPDATE: Yao's season is OVER) ' I was surprised and shocked. I wanted to believe that it was a joke though I know it shouldnot by the definition of 'Sticky'. After reading that thread, I felt down and, like some of fans here, my motivation for work was gone(cause the potential of winning a playoffs or even a title this year is so temptaious and the Rockets games(especially the wins) always gave me pleasure and kept my head up).

I believe that we could make the way to the playoffs even it will be hard with big Yao's absence, but I am wondering how far we are able to go this season in the playoffs?

3. Raven

Raven Member

I'm coping by realizing that I'd probably give up a championship just to see Houston kick Utah or Dallas out of the playoffs.

4. lalala902102001

I think that I'm finally in the drepression stage. I was angry when I first heard the news this morning. However, for some reason this big win tonight just made me feel sad. This could really have been our year. I feel that if Yao were healthy, this team could beat anyone including the Lakers. And now it's not going to happen. Somewhere back in my head, I know that we will start losing next month when we play the contenders and there will likely be another first round exit in the playoffs this year. That is just unfair. It's the same old **** everything.

I'm hoping that the acceptance stage will come soon...

5. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I'm not sure if I buy into Yao being Walton and incredibly injury prone. His first three seasons he played over 80 games and the 4th he had a toe infection which I really don't count towards somebody being injury prone. A broken leg last yr can worry you a lil but its not something that you worry about happening to a player very often. The stress fracture is a lil worrying cause it could be related to his size but the other two me are more random and bad luck. I start worrying when players knees and ankles start going and that hasn't been the case with Yao. Hopefully if he can play in the Olympics China might slack up and realize somebody as big as him can't play 11 months out of a yr.

6. Rocket 914

Rocket 914 Member

Maybe Yao needs to practice less - if he doesn't improve from this season's level - the Rockets can still win as long as they're healthy.

7. knickstorm

knickstorm Member

i suggest you all go out and watch that movie stardust, original, funny, feel good love story........plus michelle pfeifer has never been hotter.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I'm still in shock. I wish we could go back to last friday.

9. YallMean

YallMean Member

we will have the same core next year. the new guys will only get better. There is always next year.

10. agpal77

agpal77 Rookie

Another stab in the heart! Its feels like breaking up from a relationship.....but this happens every single year! I think the rockets should trade yao's and mcgrady's asses!!! Dont want to deal with this again next year...they bring you up high and just drop you 100 stories down!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

11. pickymen

pickymen Contributing Member

Feel sad and sorry for Yao. I didn't have the energy to work at all today after hearing this from a friend.

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I usually don't miss the start of the game, however, last night I went to sleep before the game and woke up in the middle of the 2nd quarter and just sat on the couch glad they were up by a bazillion and sad that there was no big fella.

13. kwng

kwng Member

The news dropped like a nuclear bomb or H-Bomb!!. What a devastation.
    I was practically stumped and felt like firing the medical staff. I would suggest Rockets management to issue an instruction or order to Yao to
    report any pain or discomfort after every game to be investigated.

14. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

i had recently stopped smoking...

and well i smoked myself into a stupor last night and wont be ashamed to admit when i found out a little after noon yesterday i damn near wanted to cry. BUT!!! Scola and Landry have gained my confidence and i believe in them as players and i believe in the rox as a team. We are going to the playoffs and are going to Kick some ASS!

despite my blind optimism and faith in my rockets i cant help but :(
    *lights up*

15. MONON

MONON Member

Yesterday morning I excitedly entered the BBS expecting to see that Brent Barry had signed with the Rockets :D only to see that Yao is done for the season. :eek: :confused: :( I then pulled out my "Hee Haw" collection, set down with my bottle and watched several of the "Gloom, Despair and Agony on me" segments. Then I found out the results of the Wizards game last night and realized what a team we have even without Yao. So, after a "bummer" of a day yesterday; I'm back on my excited high today.

I doubt that we'll win the championship this year, but we'll be playoff tested for a trophy next year with Yao. :D

16. Panda

Panda Member

Oops, here goes Yao.

Oops, here goes Brent Barry.

If Yao goes down after BB signed with the Rocket's, BB would be pissed off to no end. Anyway it doesn't matter now.

Maybe this is just not the year to win a title. Maybe T-Mac needs a year without Yao to build confidence that he can get out of the first round by just himself. Next year, a rejuvinated T-mac will team up with Yao to clinch the title.

I know I'm just rationalizing things, but sometimes it feels better to do so...

17. omax

omax Member

I coped last night by playing with my three-year old son who is too young to know who Yao Ming is. He thinks I'm the best thing since sliced bread when I play with him.

After he went to sleep I played with the Rockets on 2k8 and pretended
    it was real.

18. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

I'm usaully not one for wild eyed optimism but the team that played last night has not given up. Mutumbo came out and played his heart out, so did Landry and Scola; and we as fans should not give up.

I realize that the West is unbelievably tough this season, but as long as we're still in the playoff race I'm not giving up on this team. We can still pull something together and make a deep run. Not a championship run but something we can be proud of, and build around.

If you're jumping off the bandwagon now please do, we certainly don't need the negativity around here. Its been a pretty outstanding season so far, and while the news yesterday was a devastating blow improbable things happen in sports when teams (and fans) gather around a purpose. So keep your chin up Rockets fans, if we go down, we go down fighting and supporting our team. Otherwise, go over to the ESPN site and pretend that you were a Laker fan all along, I won't rat on you.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

It's posts like this that make me want to stay away from the GARM. No offense, TC, but something like this should not stress you into giving up not smoking. That's just plain stupid. This in no way affects your day-to-day life.

Some of you really need to get a grip on reality. [/preaching]

20. francisfan4l1f3

Woke up this morning and the first thing that crossed my mind was "wow yao really is out for the season" :(