1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about Wang

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gotoloveit2, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gotoloveit2

gotoloveit2 Contributing Member

Saw the game last night. I think Wang is a descent player with good potential. He is much bigger than when he first got drafted. He moves pretty well for a 7' 1", seems to know how to play team offense. He was constantly moving, asking for shots or setting up picks for his teammates. He is not great on defense, but he seems to be able to hold his ground without being pushed around much. If given the opportunity, I think he could develop into a good SF kinda of player. With Yao roaming in the paint, Wang could be a good complement. I dont think he would shoot the 3's much worse than Rice, who hasnt been that consistent anyway. If Rice is good enough to get the minutes, I think Wang is a good alternative, and he is cheap. Comparing to EG, Wang is just as good if not even better. The only edge EG has is his weakside blocking ability. The only drawback for us is if Yao and Wang develop a good chemistry, the Chinese national team that we'll face in the future could be a real threat.

2. orien

orien Member

talk it 2 the clippers coach, not us.
    u wanna trade him in rockets?
    :confused:

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Why don't we just make it simple and simply transplant the two teams since everybody seems to like the Clippers so much?

4. gotoloveit2

I am not talking about the Clipper, but Wang the player. I do think my points are valid. Rice is old and injury proned, all he does is taking 3s which hasnt been that consistent. I know EG is still very young, but I really dont think his potentials are that great. I just thought Wang could be a nice trade in the off season.

5. orien

orien Member

ZHI ZHI need to improve his defence. he is skilled player, but not a good defender.
    but if rockets can get him, that is no a bad idea. and lets get barter also...
    :D

6. supermagichero

No Wang, please. He is only good in defending Yao, maybe because Yao is also chinese. ;) Otherwise, Wang is useless. Let him stay in the clipper.

7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

8. orien

orien Member

wang 25 years old, not young anymore, he need change his mind.
    he should be more clever...:confused:

9. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

STOP THIS, HE'S HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. supermagichero

What hell does it mean?

11. orien

orien Member

why u so nervous, we r just talking a impossible topic.

12. supermagichero

People don't even want to talk about it.

13. orien

orien Member

cause, ZHIZHI made a huge mistake, he hurt our national-respect.
    that was his mistake. but finally , he is a chinese, may we dont like him, but we need respect him, just like others 2 us.

but for me, sometimes, he is not good at all.:confused:

14. jamalccc

jamalccc Member

NONONO. His joining of the Rockets is detrimental to Yao's development. He won't speak English during practice sessions. Plus, Yao might learn Wang's soft attitude. That ain't good.

15. supermagichero

You can't make mistakes that he had done. It was horrible. He is a completely selfish and useless b*tch.

16. gotoloveit2

Never said Wang is a good defender, nor is Rice or EG. Again, my point is that Wang seems to know how to play team offense. He has gained some bulk since joining NBA 3 years ago. With his height and mobility, he plays decent D as a SF, and more a perimeter threat if given the open look.

17. supermagichero

As I said, his only value is to defend Yao. With Yao and him in the same team, who shall he defend? :mad:

18. orien

orien Member

thats why i say he did a HUGE mistake.
    he is selfish, definitely.

no, i dont like him, but i wont vituperate him.
    that make me look bad.

19. themocitydon

themocitydon Member

the only thing wang zhizi is better than yao at is running the floor. and thats about it.

20. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

WTF? What does "vituperate" him mean?

Man I guess an MBA only gets you so much these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.