1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How About Those Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Oct 19, 2000.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I know it's just the preseason, but both teams did play the starters a lot, and we were missing Shandon, Mo, and Dream. With all we were missing, how about that comeback? Down 15, no one gave up. This team will be special. Francis and Mobley were spectacular, and Cato, Kenny, and Carlos were awesome on the defensive end. And how about the Francis steal and dunk on Quitten to ice it? What a game.

GO ROCKETS!

------------------
    President of the Jason Collier police!

Looking for next year's Dan Langhi? Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

2. Rockets R' Us

Rockets R' Us Contributing Member

WOOHOOO! [​IMG] That's OUR playoff spot!

------------------
    Francis out top, 9 seconds on the clock, he gives a no look pass to Cuttino Mobley, 4 seconds left, Mobley passes to an open Langhi in the corner with 1 second left! Langhi at the buzzer.......YES!!! How Sweet It Is!!

3. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

4. tybrave

tybrave Member

what a game

------------------
    tyron

5. Francis3

Francis3 Member

It was a really fun game to watch. I just loved the last part , pippen loses the ball and francis jams it. Carlos again played amazing, he showed alot of heart. Kenny played a very nice game, he had a couple nice spin moves. Cato was beautiful on defense, he stole balls, blocked shots , rebounded!

------------------
    "You look a team that's been to the mountaintop like the Houston Rockets, I'm going to put pressure on myself to be the best possible player that I can be. With the pieces they already have in place and myself, we can do some amazing things next season."

Maurice Taylor

6. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

How about Cato ? He's a new man !
    You can tell his summer was put to good use.

Steve and Cat were unstopable tonight.The only thing portland could do were foul them wich they did often.

Actually everyone looked good even Jason Collier.

------------------

7. Francis3

Francis3 Member

DAROckets, Buddy just one thing to tell you for next time, Jason Collier never ever will look good. I would like for you to edit that post before the admins see it, you will get in trouble. [​IMG]

------------------
    "You look a team that's been to the mountaintop like the Houston Rockets, I'm going to put pressure on myself to be the best possible player that I can be. With the pieces they already have in place and myself, we can do some amazing things next season."

Maurice Taylor

8. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I would say it's only preseason, but we sucked last preseason and got off to that awful start. Where there's smoke there's fire........start printing the playoff tickets.

------------------
    "It's not a matter of if we will win the NL central, it's by how many games." Barry Larkin

9. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Great Game. Even better defense. It's premature, but im looking hard at a #5 or #6 seed. how about we start a forum for cutting down collier huh? He's not that bad. In fact he actually fits our team excellently.

10. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Why didn't Dream play? Is he injured?
    I didn't see the game so I have no idea what happened with him.

------------------
    2000-2001 Rockets Game Formulas:
    End of 1st quarter: "They're playing so well!"
    2nd: "What a great game!"
    3rd: "Theres no way they can lose now!"
    4th: "What the ******* **** happened?!!"
    Vote Gore to keep our planet green!

11. The Cat

Dream did play at the start, but sprained an ankle and had to come out. Might be out 2-3 games they said.

------------------

ClutchTown.com

12. The Cat

13. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I thought Cato got more than 2 blocks. Hakeem I know got a couple as well.

------------------

Maurice Taylor

14. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Man, Pip really lit into Walt [​IMG].

------------------
    "It's not a matter of if we will win the NL central, it's by how many games." Barry Larkin

15. Summer Song Giver

Hey Cat can I be your V.P. then?

------------------
    I'm not the type to eat it up but the type to hit it raw dog and seed it up.

16. The Cat

Sure. You're in. [​IMG] [​IMG]

------------------

ClutchTown.com

17. Summer Song Giver

Thanks I'll work hard to help rid the world of all Collier bashing.

------------------
    I'm not the type to eat it up but the type to hit it raw dog and seed it up.

18. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Well , Im going to bash him all year long. I bashed Bryce Drew last year and this year Im picking on Collier. I hate Collier so much, when he shots it looks like he is trying to break the glass. He shoots the ball so hard, it looks nasty.

------------------

Maurice Taylor

19. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

I only got to see mid 3rd pd on, but loved the defensive effort. It may only be preseason but their doin' it WITHOUT SA & MO & only 12 minutes from Dream. Wow!

I get very pumped when I see the Rocks play solid D, b/c that's were the running game starts. It could be argued that the Blazers didn't play their starters as much, but 12 of their 16 TO's came from the first 7 in the rotation.

'Los must have been loggin' on here this summer and caught wind of all our fantasy GM deals in which he was included. He must have gotten a little p****d because has been smokin' this preseason.

What I saw in the second half was pretty solid D from Walt, too.

------------------
    GATER

20. Francis3

Francis3 Member

Looking at Carlos , It looks like the guy has been smoking alot earlier than the pre season if you know what I mean. [​IMG]

------------------

Maurice Taylor