1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about Them Timberwolves?!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by rocketsjudoka, Feb 6, 2022.

1. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Lots of hate in this thread for the young Wolves

2. NewAge

NewAge Member

Pat’s not wrong, you know. KAT is quite vaginal. We already knew that, when Jimmy Butler was there, saw how the franchise wanted to build around two vaginas in Wiggins and KAT and was quickly, like, “I’m OUT”

Wiggins found his niche as a role player on a winning team, to his credit. KAT’s stature in the NBA is still unclear. He ain’t a Top Dog, for sure, in fact this is very quickly beginning to look like ANT’s team. What’s KAT?

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Not arguing overall with Pat Bev's point, though it's kind of tough guy click bait and I care about as much about his comments as Draymonds.

But maybe Kat doesn't like Goobert much -- most teammates have not..
    Or maybe Kat didn't want to get tossed, and in fact, they won the game. That ain't nothing.

Does Pat Bev want Kat to throw a punch? Just so the internet can wrongly say "oh he's tough now!" Eh, I don't know. It never looked to me like Goob was anywhere close to losing oxygen.

roslolian and Invisible Fan like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

NBA is a circus, you do not want to add to the circus......Bev is cool but I ain't agreeing with him on everything.

B-Bob likes this.
  5. i3artow i3aller

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Edwards tried to dribble around and through double-teams Sacramento was sending his way in the second half. The Wolves also weren’t thrilled with the officiating, despite going to the line 29 times compared to 11 for Sacramento. “A lot of weird calls tonight,” said center Rudy Gobert (12 points, 11 rebounds). “I’m sorry, but I’ve got to say it. I’ve been in this league a long time, and some things sometimes don’t make sense to me. It is what it is. We’ve got to focus on the things we can control, as usual.”
    Source: Chris Hine, Star Tribune @ Minneapolis Star-Tribune

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

My mind is still blown that the Timberwolves have the best record in the NBA.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It’s amazing that a player who was considered soft and selfish for so long like KAT is now
    The glue of the team.

roslolian likes this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

It's hard to believe in 'em until they prove it in the playoffs, but they are cookin in game Still like the Suns, Nuggets, Clippers, and Grizzlies more. But the chicken wing thing is really funny.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

I think Gobert just shows we shouldn't be too quick to judge people. If you told me Minny would have no 1 seed with practically the same roster I'd say you were crazy. Same thing with Harden on the Clips after they got that 0-6 start I thought they were done.

I guess the reality is it takes a lot of time for some players to adjust so maybe this is also what Jalen is going thru RN. If players as old as Gobert and Harden can take time to adjust to a new coach and system the what more a 21 yr old kid like Jalen?

anthony59237 likes this.
  12. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Agree on Jalen. It's normal to shoot worse for a while after adjusting your shooting form. Silas's was also the only system he has ever learned. So I'm hoping he'll improve. I'm also hoping Sengun's English will regress and his interpreter will come back.

Easy likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Damn..

KAT scores 62 but the TWolves still lose to the Hornets. He also turned it over with seconds to go and missed annlast second 3 to tie..

14. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

I didn’t see all that led up to it, but benching the guy who has scored 62 points in crunch time only to bring him back in the last 30 seconds to try a game tying shot doesn’t seem like a winning coaching strategy. Towns is known to be temperamental, so icing him out then hoping he’ll be in the right frame of mind to win you the game is idiotic. Towns was visibly pissed off on the last couple of possessions.

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I didn’t see the game but listened to the 4th quarter on the radio. It sounds like he was gassed in the 4th. He missed a lot of shots and the commentators were saying he was visibly huffing and puffing.

Finch probably should’ve rested him earlier and longer and then brought him back for the last few minutes than just the last.

16. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

BelgianRocketsFan and Easy like this.
  17. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Anthony Edwards really looking like flashes of Kobe when he dribbles and drives and just that swag. It’s been fun to watch.

daywalker02 likes this.
  18. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

On a night that KAT goes out with a meniscus tear ANT turns it up. Ends the game with a hell
    Of a play!

19. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It’s still feels odd but the TWolves look like not just a good team but a tough team. Coming back from down 22 on the road to win in a blowout against the Clippers.. Not something you expect from the TWolves which historically been known for just collapsing when down.

jim1961 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And the Clippers as of late look like a team that cannot stomach Kawhi's injury and are combustible.