1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

How about Steve Patterson as GM? (again)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Feb 10, 2009.

?

Find Steve Patterson?

1. Yes -brought in the main players for Rockets and Blazers

36 vote(s)
    27.1%
  2. Moneyball Morey

97 vote(s)
    72.9%
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I counted 3 people in the thread that were pro-Patterson, rest is against it.

I'm a MOF? I bash Morey constantly because of him dictating the system, assembling a broken roster, hiring puppet coaching staffs and having a bad 1st round draft record and questionable moves.

It's sad when posters like you have to label everyone that disagrees with your notion a MOF or whatever-OF.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The poll shows more than 3 people.

I originally made this thread in 09. It's interesting to see how opinions change .

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Idiots.

Steve ain't coming back to the Rockets given how they treated his son Patrick.

1 person likes this.
  4. tinman

Supporting Member

I understand your opinion cause you are in the know of houston sports, nfl and college football.

Dudes from the Philippines don't know much about his journey.
    Maybe he should ask miss Phillipines to use google and read to them the history of houston sports.

Manny probably knows more about clutch city

#104 tinman, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  5. tinman

Supporting Member

He doesn't care about rockets history pre mcgrady

6. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Bottom line is Steve Patterson made the necessary moves to build a championship team that won two titles and he's available. Just go look at the brilliant moves to draft Horry and Sam I am. He brought Vernon Maxwell in for cash considerations, which is the greatest $ball move of all-time. Maury in his almost 10 years of playing fantasy basketball with the rockets has nothing to show for it other than a bunch of male groupies on an Internet message board and a team full of depreciating "assets." Unless you're a Maury only fan, of which there are a lot, you shouldn't want to continue a failed process that you've been asked to place trust in for almost a decade now.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Les fired Patterson because he said the organization wasn't being run well under him. So, what makes you guys think he'll run it to Les' liking if he's re-hired?

8. tinman

Supporting Member

I made this thread in 2009.
    I don't think Les would bring back Patterson or rudy t or rick adelman or give Barkley his $3 million dollars he promised. Patterson rubbed people the wrong way.
    Les ain't johhny gill either

It's Le$

9. Buck Turgidson

You win this thread.

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

'member when the Blazers took Oden over Durant? But Patterson drafted Horry. They're still writing articles in Oregon about how awful the Patterson Blazers era was.

11. Buck Turgidson

To be fair, I think it's mostly that one columnist in Portland who obviously had/has a serious axe to grind with Patterson (not that many others don't).

12. sabesque

sabesque Member

Yeah, it looks like he's holding a big grudge. Nevertheless, the evidence that he cites is pretty damning.

13. Buck Turgidson

Yeah, I read a bunch of that right before and after he was hired at UT. Knowing nothing really about the actual situation in Portland back then, all I could think was "Uh, maybe oh ****?". Then a lot of it repeated itself in Austin.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

He wasn't gm who made that decision.
    You really can't read

You really need to stop making statements without any research.

I could say morey drafted yao, but he didn't.

See?

15. tinman

Supporting Member

Yeah I did remember the Blazers picking Oden.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/executives/pritcke01x.html

Kevin Pritchard
    Franchises

Portland Trail Blazers: March 29, 2007 to June 24, 2010

June 28, 2007: Selected Greg Oden (1st round, 1st pick)
    , Josh McRoberts (2nd round, 37th pick), Derrick Byars (2nd round, 42nd pick), Taurean Green (2nd round, 52nd pick) and Demetris Nichols (2nd round, 53rd pick) in the 2007 NBA Draft.
    June 28, 2007: Traded Derrick Byars and cash to the Philadelphia 76ers for Petteri Koponen.
    June 28, 2007: Traded Dan Dickau, Fred Jones and Zach Randolph to the New York Knicks for Steve Francis and Channing Frye.
    June 28, 2007: Traded Demetris Nichols to the New York Knicks for a 2008 2nd round draft pick (Omer Asik was later selected).
    July 11, 2007: Traded cash to the Phoenix Suns for Rudy Fernandez and James Jones.
    July 13, 2007: Signed Steve Blake as a free agent.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

where's your evidence that he was the GM who picked Greg Oden?

You don't have any.

It's pretty damning you are just trolling this thread and making up crap along the way that never happened.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

What the hey is the difference? SP and Owner Alexander did not leave as bosom buddies.

18. sabesque

sabesque Member

You really think Patterson, as controlling of a personality as we all KNOW he is, really sat back and had no sign off on the #1 pick, as important as it was that year?

if you believe that, I suggest you take off your "he promoted Rudy" goggles off. You're believing his lies

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Give it up idiot. He was fired. He also said in a statement which I already posted that he would have drafted Durant. Go get fired at your job at Burger King and see if you have any influence buddy!

1 person likes this.
  20. sabesque

sabesque Member

Of course he said that.

I can't get fired from Burger King. It's an honor serving you and your Grammy on a nightly.