1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about Scola going back to Europe?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aggie 99, Jun 23, 2008.

1. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your link had zero relevance. What's not clear about that?

And you are also missing a key part of the rules.
    That means that at most, 5 players could be signed out of high school in any given year.

It's wonderful that all these European players are going back. None of them have relevance to Luis Scola, who is under contract for 2 more years.

2. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I quietly harbored the desire that either/both would have become Rox. I like both of them.

3. icemanleung

icemanleung Member

totally a rumor.
    i don't think scola want to quit NBA

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Dog fighting + Qyntel - Les = Not a Rocket.

5. kwng

kwng Member

I think under contract players are going to stay but then when their contracts
    are up, the Euros will be very very tempting and in the future, if this trend continues, there will be an exodus of star players from NBA to Euro league.

6. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Good that you kept Garbajosa dreams quiet - the Raptors released him this year after it was apparent that he'd never be able to rehab his leg, which is why he only played 7 games. EXODUS!

7. poprocks

poprocks Member

Oh c'mon don't talk about Sam's favorite player like that ;)

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Apparently Olympiacos in Greece contacted Anthony Parker about playing for them next year, and Parker is no FA, either. Would not be suprised if this Scola rumor is true... but neither Parker nor Scola can go anywhere without their current team's consent.

Raptors consented to Garbajosa leaving because he's injured. I think they want to keep Parker, but he's nearly 34 and only has 1 year left on the deal. Maybe they let him go if they want some salary relief. But Scola has multiple years left and I don't think Rockets have any intention of getting rid of him.

9. declan32001

declan32001 Member

This thread is ridiculous. The NBA has been Scola's dream and last year had to give him confidence.