1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How about Myles Turner?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by slickricky, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

After watching Turner all spring at Texas, I was really underwhelmed. The kid is extremely raw. He lacks strength and got pushed off the block against most opponents. He struggles to get open and does not rebound well. I was surprised when he declared for the draft because I think he's far from NBA ready.

#41 Hustle Town, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
  2. hlcc

hlcc Member

3. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

4. OpenLayup-Why3?

I watched every Pacers game in summer league, didn't watch it for him though. But he's totally a steal by Indiana. He is 11 years younger than LMA and he's already amazing. ROY candidate

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I loved him at UT. He looks so smooth. That post stepback is nice. He's got a good looking stroke.

6. NicktheBrick

NicktheBrick Member

He''s been on those feet his entire life with no issues and people act like he can't run. It's ridiculous. Turner looks extremely good and I believe he will start at the 5 for Indy by the ASG.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I would think that they would want to start him asap. Mahimi isn't a starting caliber Center. Great back up, one of the best in my opinion. But if you're really investing in the kid, give him the start from the get go.

8. omgTHEpotential

Agreed. He looked quite amazing in the SL.

9. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

That's like saying "I eat candy all day long and chain smoke, but I'll be fine, because I've been doing that my entire life."

NBA teams study how players move and all these abnormalities, because they think they can affect health and longevity. That's why Turner and his agent were so proactive about the medical side, teams were worried.

That said, I'm worried less now, not because of a ridiculous idea that feet abnormalities don't matter in general, but simply because Bird doesn't draft players unless Pacers' medical staff OKs it. So Pacers' medical staff clearly looked at this individual case and OKed it.