1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

how about mcgrady and garnett together?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by daaum, May 6, 2007.

1. daaum

daaum Member

i think rockets should look into kevin Garnett. i know he only has couple years left and yao has maybe 4 years more than him....but rockets are in win now mode and who better then garnett to put next to t-mac....t-mac is the reason i was thinking about this trade. his back and all, so he has like 3-5 years....and if somehow we can put KG next to t-mac, it would most dangerous combo ever in history. KG is way better then yao, more athletic, and very loyal like yao ming. i mean look at his situation, he hasn't said once, "i want out." this was just something going through my mind after y-day.
    i just dont wanna see KG next to kobe....that is just too much...

2. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

You should cancel your clutchfans account for this thread. Twolves would love it if you were the Rockets GM.

3. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

TMac and KG would seriously contend for a championship because KG gives us so much more than Yao especially defensively. I would defintely do that trade but it's unlikely.

4. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

KG for Yao would not improve our team significantly, if at all. Yao for Billups and Rasheed Wallace would ;)

5. zhao1109

zhao1109 Contributing Member

Lakers also thinking about this. So if it could happen, I guess YAO might land in LA instead. KG/TMAC and KOBE/YAO.. wooo, interesting.

One thing sure is Clutch need to down grade this site, since wont see any post up to 1000 anymore

Well, lakersground will be the most popular fan base in the NBA

6. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

I wouldn't mind seeing Garnett and Tmac on the same team. Yeah even if it meant shipping out Yao. It's no fault of Yao's, he is what he is, but I think a faster paced style would make TMac more like the old TMac.. kind of like what we saw when Yao was out. I think if something like that were
    to happen the Rockets would need a real scoring point guard to take up some of the scoring we would miss with Yao gone. I am tired of the Rockets having to cover for Yao's shortcomings which are too numerous for a max player. I think Garnett is better than Yao in every facet of the game except for scoring. so yeah I wouldn't mind seeing that happen. And the added bonus of course would be that every YOF would be gone like the wind.

#6 Texas Stoke, May 6, 2007
    Last edited: May 6, 2007
  7. JuLiO-R-

JuLiO-R- Contributing Member

t-mac KG careers?

isnt it true that KG started his career like t-mac right now. kg was 0-7 like t-mac is offcially 0-6, but a year later the t-wolves struck back with great off-season moves and went to the west finals. maybe with us makin great off-season moves some how, maybe we can strike back. then again its just a coincidence that the playoff careers are similar.

8. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Actually, Yao and McGrady are untouchable. However if some freak of nature happened like a dimensional shift and we were somehow able to get Garnett at Power Forward with T-Mac and Yao we would be unstoppable.

9. dividend

dividend Member

yeah something like that, but at least he's been out of the first round once. but then again, he hasn't even sniffed the playoffs lately...

now that i think about it, it's like comparing:
    t-mac to kobe and
    kg to duncan
    comparable players, but the latter will always be better for their playoff success

maybe putting kg and t-mac together could change that :D i love yao, but the game isn't called fairly for him... so if we lost yao to get kg, it wouldn't be so bad

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#10 Old Man Rock, May 6, 2007
    Last edited: May 6, 2007
  11. Luffy1

Luffy1 Member

A much better trade would be tmac for kg. That twin towers would be better than duncan and robinson.

12. lastopsuburb

lastopsuburb Member

And we see rafer bring the ball around everytime? LOL

13. bluepart

bluepart Member

Trading core players usually is not a good idea.
    Which year Rockets doesn't have major change? And then look at Spurs, Pistons, and the Kings in prime time, did they change year by year? A good team need to be built over a long time.
    If I can choose, after 5 years playing together, I would say the Francis-Mobley-Yao team (which already in playoff) could be better than we currently are.

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

Umm... those teams didn't change because they were successful. The Rockets are not. And their current roster obviously aren't very good unless V-Span and Novak can suddenly turn into great players overnight. Hence, change.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

how can we even come close to affording him? Yao is a steal, and when his knee is 100% again he will dominate. Garnett is near the end.

16. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

KG and Tmac is NOT the answer!! :rolleyes: we NEED a Third Scorer! to win a championship!!!

LOCK this thread!

17. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

Exactly. We need to build around our two main guys, not trade them away. The rockets need a consistent 3rd scorer who create for himself and finish around the basket. I mean, Rafer shoots as much as a 3rd option, but he shoots under 38%! That won't do.

18. bluepart

bluepart Member

No, they are not good teams at the first place, especially Pistons. I remember they suddenly become a solid team without major change on the rosters. Their success are built over time, or more internally, not from external. Another one is how Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili become superstars?
    Minor changes are necessary, just don't touch your base, that means we need to do it all over again, exactly like 4 years ago.

19. fredthered

fredthered Member

When did the salary cap double? KG makes so much money that combined with Tmac's 17M we could barely find 3 other live bodies to put on the court. How's 5 on 2 sound?

20. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Hence the term bandwagn fans...