1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[HoustonTexans.Com] Bengals will not match the offer sheet for WR Kevin Walter

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by rikesh316, Mar 18, 2006.

1. stevel

stevel Contributing Member

I can't speak as to how good Walter is or isn't as I haven't seen him play, but I lost a lot of confidence in JG. Not the brightest bulb in the room, twice last season he got hit with the ball as wasn't looking back for the ball. Mathis is a bigger guy than Hall and Lewis. I would run Mathis on a streak to clear out his side and either bring a TE or a WR underneath. Running Mathis deep consistently will make it harder to double cover AJ. If we draft Bush I would run Bush in the slot on passing downs with DD in the backfield. AJ, DD, RB, and hopefullt a new TE would give DC 4 legit options, and JM would force the D to have to account for him, unless he shows hands of stone. He made a terrific over the shoulder grab last season then strained his hammie.

Lewis also didn't have the best hands in the world, that's why he didn't play much here.

2. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Oh, I thought you were talking about Mathis. I didn't read carefully on that.

But I don't think the difference between Hall and say Steve Smith or Deion Branch is the extra inch of height. Some guys are just better down field route runners, react to thrown balls better, read defenses better or have better hands, different skill set than a kick returner or special teamer. Hall for whatever reason doesn't have the skill set to be a great downfield route runner, IMO less has to do with size than other skills. But he is a great special teamer--lots of other guys like White Shoes and Rick Upchurch were also much better special teamers than regular players.