1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston's new theme park: Earth Quest Adventures

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheGM, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Yeah, I know it's been around forever. It gets talked about all the time.

2. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

I think it will, considering all of it;s attractions and size. According to one of the articles they expect 2.5 million visitors a year.

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'm curious how much of that is expected to be regional.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

This thing would be awesome.

It seems like they eventually see it/are planning for it to rival the Disney Parks....

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Earth Quest? Sounds interesting in theory. They have things mapped out for the for the young and old.

Too early to speculate but I'd say Earth Quest needs a cute, cuddly dinosaur mascot with a friendly face the kids can relate to.

Knott's Berry Farm theme park, (originally based on, a berry farm) had to have Snoopy sponsorship and plaster his image all over everything. Dont even try to "keep it real", sell out science to boost the gate total

6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

There were also rumors for a LONGGGG time that they would build near the Ren. Fest.

If that ever happened, my parents would benefit hugely, as they live only a few miles down the road from there.

7. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

I wonder if we can win a championship befre Earth Quest Adventures opens up.

8. BetterThanI

BetterThanI Contributing Member

Sounds like the kind of project that will have writers everywhere wondering how many g's are in "boondoggle". This is a horrible idea, full of fail. For the sake of H-town, I hope I'm wrong.

But I'm not.

9. aeroman10

aeroman10 Contributing Member

East Montgomery County? That sure beats driving to San Antonio or Dallas to go to Six Flags but it ain't Houston. That is over an hour of driving without traffic from where I am at.

10. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

I don't drive that way. Are the freeways wide enough to even accomodate the traffic from Houston to this park, during the weekends?

11. eveluvsrox

eveluvsrox Contributing Member

LONG LIVE ASTROWORLD!!! :eek: :D

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For some reason, $600 million doesn't seem like much for something like that (compared to something like the Cowboys' and Yankees' new stadiums, for example). Maybe amusement parks are cheaper than I thought. :D

13. Astro101

Astro101 Member

Dinosaurs in Houston? I dunno, this looks pretty cool.

14. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

assuming this is a successful project (which is a possibility) or that it even gets built (which could be highly unlikely), a project of this magnitude could create thousands of jobs and generate millions (perhaps billions) of dollars for the local economy.

15. kikimama

kikimama Member

Why couldn't they just make it "Jurassic Park" with real dinos?

16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Ya that looks sweet but that Bunny Ranch in Katy sounds like way more fun. Maybe not for the entire family.

17. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Nothing says giant theme park like East Montgomery County.

I looked on the map and saw Lake Houston State Park :confused:

I had never even heard of it before now, it runs along Caney Creek, sounds like this will be where it will be located...

18. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Why Kingwood? A more central location would have been better. At least something like Katy which is pretty accessible from I-10, Westpark Tollway, Beltway. It's great news, but so out of the way.

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Why can't they just build a Six Flags?? What the hell is EARTH QUEST?? That sounds so cheesy!

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

My thought exactly. To pull off something worth doing at the scale they're talking about and for what they're hoping to accomplish, I have a difficult time believing $600 million is enough. As you say, there are football and baseball stadiums that cost more than that.