1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Houston's Main Target: Chris Paul

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Da_Spark, Jul 21, 2010.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It's not what assets Rox have it's what NOLA would insist Rox take back to make deal intra-Division. Probably CP3 + Okafor + Peja. What's that, $45mm
    or so? Even at 75%, where are you coming up with $35mm in tradeable contracts? And how much $$$ do you expect Owner Alexander to pay in Lux Tax?

Lakes will start with Odom and/or Bynum, as usual. Would you give up CP3 for both of them? Knicks can't come up with the financial package even with Curry (sic ... or sick?). His other preferred team? Oh, now - Magic could make a deal. That would be interesting.

But, don't go to sleep on Charlotte.

2. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

We're not on his list, he's not coming here.

3. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You know guys i'm really not feelin CP3 coming off of Knee surgery. Plus, we really don't need him because we have a set team.

4. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

My guess IF a trade happens (I don't believe it will for the simple reason that CP3 didn't mention us as one of the teams he wanted to play for).

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2cmr2kt

This is the type of trade it would be. Take back the nasty contract in Posey (guy who is being paid 2 more years to basically warm the bench), give up all our young assets to speak of: Brooks, Bud, Ariza, Taylor, Hill + Jefferies (for contract purposes) and my guess is at least the 2012 Knicks pick.

IMO that trade is hugely beneficially to both teams, but I still highly doubt it will happen.

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

I have a feeling even if Yao was healthy, no one would want to come play for us. We're not just marketable enough. Its the trend I have been noticing. Is there any star player out there who has their opinion to play with the rockets who is NOT a former player of Adelman's?

6. Entropy

Entropy Member

EDIT:

7. Entropy

Entropy Member

EDIT EDIT:

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

9. jzmagic

jzmagic Member

I don't think it has to do with Houston's marketability.

It sucks because while Chris Paul, Lebron, Kobe, Dwight, Lebron, Wade and all the other stars were playing together and getting to know each other on the US olympics team, Yao was preparing with his Chinese teammates....

Yao's a great player, but he's isolated from the American NBA stars that are part of a brotherhood.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He said "STAR" player...nimrod.

DD

11. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

Tracey Mcgrady was considered a superstar.

12. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

McGrady was here when Adelman came.

13. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

14. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Rashard Lewis.

15. Htown-Stew

Htown-Stew Member

Well, trading quality starters is a bit difference than trading a certified superstar.

16. Dream lover

Dream lover Member

I have a hard time seeing CP3 in Rockets Red, unless we pulled Melo. However, if Melo signs this extension, then Paul might be more willing to play here.

Thing is even if he's under contract for the next two years and NOH can trade him where ever they want, if he doesn't want to play there why would that team still take him. He could make it a living nightmare if he wanted to, by the way he plays to being a cancer in the locker room. Even if you suspended him, you still won't be a better team.

17. Htown-Stew

Htown-Stew Member

*different

18. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

19. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

LOL at ESPN saying that aquring CP3 will decrease our wins by 6 games. SMH.

20. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

What about him?